Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is destruction any good right now?

As the title says is destruction any good or does demo still reign surpreme over all the other warlock specs? This is from a pve perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    As the title says is destruction any good or does demo still reign surpreme over all the other warlock specs? This is from a pve perspective
    From what I've heard once you get 4p t17 set and Goren Soul Repository it becomes viable.

Demo still reigns supreme over the other specs.
    I have 4pc and goren soul repository and demo is still better in both single target and aoe situations.
    I even applied for a guild and they said I couldn't join because I was destro, lol.
    Just to give some numbers, I parse over 85% in every BRF fight as destro and do the same DPS or less than when I play demo (and I only parse around 55% with demo so imagine if I was actually good at it).

Quote Originally Posted by Maika7 View Post
    I have 4pc and goren soul repository and demo is still better in both single target and aoe situations.
    I even applied for a guild and they said I couldn't join because I was destro, lol.
    Just to give some numbers, I parse over 85% in every BRF fight as destro and do the same DPS or less than when I play demo (and I only parse around 55% with demo so imagine if I was actually good at it).
    With the amount of cheesing and guilds private logging, looking at parses to analyse performance at the moment is more or less useless.

@OP: Like it's been said, the T17 4PC and GSR are mandatory, and in the right situations Destro can absolutely be useful and comparable to Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maika7 View Post
    That doesn't mean the spec is worse, that just means there's less data logged from the spec which makes your %'s look better.

Kromog is a great destro fight, Hanz/Franz its viable. Flamebender its viable. You can do it with Thogar as well. BUT Demo will probably beat you on most of those fights and some of those fights need to be Mythic for destro to overtake (need those extra adds that live longer to abuse that Havoc).

Without 4p....hell without 2p Destro is hands down awful to play. The spec just doesn't play correctly without those set bonuses. You can play it and be fine, just Demo brings more to the table as a player. I hate demo, switched to it for raiding, starting to enjoy it more, but man life without Demonic Leap is brutal. Demonic Leap alone is reason to play Demo over all other specs. Leap + Teleport + Burning Rush + Speed Loots = Never get hit by a mechanic again.

Destructions not bad, its just that demo is extremely versatile and can pretty much do everything you need this tier so there's not really any reason to change specs.

If you just really feel like playing destruction it is viable though.

More than half of Destruction's damage on Kromog is worthless. Unless your guild goes afk on the runes, they get killed really quickly, which is where destro does most of its damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    More than half of Destruction's damage on Kromog is worthless. Unless your guild goes afk on the runes, they get killed really quickly, which is where destro does most of its damage.
    This is a horrible statement, destro is epic for killing the pillars to, its aoe is amazing but it doesnt mean you have to use it, most of the time it can actually kill people, but Pillar / Hand damage is really good imo and boss damage is fine to especially during frenzy.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3E+'1''

Thats pillar damage from my last kill, you can check hand / boss / frenzy ofc to.

Destruction is more than viable for mythic raiding atm.

Its also mega fun to play to with the amount of options CR gives, for example i have the current rank 1 on beastlord (doesnt mean anything because its obviously padding) but i mean who doesnt like having mad dpz.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/7#boss=1694

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Hanz/Franz its viable.
    Do not play Destro on M Hans and Franz. There is far too much movement.

Though on M Kromog, it's all but mandatory to play it for pillar damage.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Destro on Hans and Franz, i done terrible on this, but my destro 'partner' is a lot better on it and managed very respectible damage as destro, you just need to not be blatently terrible at the game.

Was destro for a while and the mechanics in these fights require you to always move which destroys your DPS. Demo is far better in my opinion on all fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's OK, but still is outclassed by Demo overall. Basically, if the encounter requires you to burst specific targets in a short time - Destruction is good, even if your total damage done there will be worse in the end. Examples are Siegemakers and Elementalists.

That said, it is very easy to pad with Demo (dots, easy instant AoE bursts), so quite a bit of damage it does can be unfocused or even pure padding

7+ Year Old Account
    Played destro for our Mythic Kromog, maidens and Blast furnance kills.
    Played the boat on maidens, demonbolt wouldve given me about the same result.

Demo > Destro >>> Affliction

Deleted
    ppl tend to forget that destro has by far the most reliable burst of our specs and there are a lot of fights where there are priority targets but atm thats all destro is really good for, problem is that there are virtually no fights that caters to destro's strengths, as you need burst aoe on practically all multitarget fights, and if you dont need the burst aoe, you'll need to move a lot further hurting destro's dps which i think is the main reason destro is falling behind demo and the fact that all the fights in brf caters more or less exclusively to demo's strengths.

The problem is I've been playing Destro for several expansions now, and this one really has me screwed. I've tried switching to demo and affliction but have not really found them fun to play, nor are they even close to similar playstyles to destro, so its a very different kind of animal. The obvious problem is that they balanced us around our having the tier bonuses which is just completely idiotic of blizzard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vreivai View Post
    Do not play Destro on M Hans and Franz. There is far too much movement.

Though on M Kromog, it's all but mandatory to play it for pillar damage.
    Depends on how awful you are at the fight.

Deleted
    In general demonology is the way to go. The way most encounters are designed in BRF, will make demonology stronger than destruction. Tho there is some ways to make destruction viable as previus post suggest. Kromog mythic with charred remains+4set+goren soul repository.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Depends on how awful you are at the fight.
    If you take KjC, between planned foxes and KjC you can cast while moving during nearly all of the required movement.