10+ Year Old Account

PS3/PS4 Gameplay

Hello fellow adventurers,

I recently started playing FFXIV:ARR again on PC and I'm having a lot o fun. Sadly my laptop isn't cooperating with me lately and I have been *really* inclined to purchase a PS4 and become a console gamer heathen!

With this in mind I would like to know your opinions on the console platform for this game, how it plays and specially if it is fun to play with a controller.

I appreciate the feedback and see you in Eorzea
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    Hello fellow adventurers,

I recently started playing FFXIV:ARR again on PC and I'm having a lot o fun. Sadly my laptop isn't cooperating with me lately and I have been *really* inclined to purchase a PS4 and become a console gamer heathen!

With this in mind I would like to know your opinions on the console platform for this game, how it plays and specially if it is fun to play with a controller.

I appreciate the feedback and see you in Eorzea
    If you want to see what it is like with a controller, just hook a controller up to your PC and try it out first. Personally, I think it's great on a controller and prefer controller even though I play on PC. My wife on the other hand, hates controller. Even with a console though, I am fairly certain you can plug in a mouse and keyboard and play with them, so if that is what you prefer, you can do that still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just invest in a new PC and get a controller if you want. Gaming is a hobby so I invest in my hobbies. When this plays with DX11 in Heavnsward you will be sad you did the PS4. It's going to look so damn good. #PCMasterRace.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Just invest in a new PC and get a controller if you want. Gaming is a hobby so I invest in my hobbies. When this plays with DX11 in Heavnsward you will be sad you did the PS4. It's going to look so damn good. #PCMasterRace.
    I should have clarified that PS4 is a strong option not just because of this game :P
    Arukas

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to play it on a console at least get the PS4 version as its very playable and looks great a lot of the time. PS3 version is a goddamn lagfest abomination though so stay away from that at all costs.

Alternatively, you can build a a decent cheap gaming PC using a $70 Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core CPU that'll play just about every game at great settings for under $400. Just built my best friend one of these and its really great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlS5Q7tEJI
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2015-04-07 at 05:33 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I've played both PS4 and PC. I agree with getting a better PC to play. I found the controller cumbersome and annoying but that's because I started with KB/Mouse. That said you can hook a KB/Mouse upto your PS4 and play that way.

It plays ok, I couldn't see any MASSIVE differences between PC and PS4 but from what I've heard best to stay away from PS3 as it's pretty clunky

Deleted
    I startded playing on pc when the game launched, since December I'm on ps4. Switching to controller was rough at start but after some time you get used to it, graphics are basicly the same.
    I would recommended to get ps4 anyway, trust me there will be awesome games besides FF 14, you wouldn't like to miss out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess I have 0 interest in console gaming so that is why I stated go PC. But also I fear that the graphic updates for the PC come Heavnsward will crush the PS4.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Yeah I guess I have 0 interest in console gaming so that is why I stated go PC. But also I fear that the graphic updates for the PC come Heavnsward will crush the PS4.
    just out of curiosity since I havent actually looked into that part yet. how big of a graphics update are we talking here????? not that I am scared just bought a monster of a computer, or well built one, but im still curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    just out of curiosity since I havent actually looked into that part yet. how big of a graphics update are we talking here????? not that I am scared just bought a monster of a computer, or well built one, but im still curious.
    We have no idea.

I've been playing with a controller for probably 99% of the time I've played FFXIV. I made some video thing that I can link again but I don't know whether that'd confuse you even more or not.
    PS4 does allow you to connect keyboard / mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    Afaik there will be DX11 support
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    There was some preview video on dx11 changes, very minor thing, a bit better water and sun reflections on the floor or something

10+ Year Old Account
    1 of the articles http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/29...upgrade-on-pc/

Looks good to me!