Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TYT Complete Hypocrisy

One year ago with Brendan Eich
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSyc5iRcMAM

Adam Smith Today
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gha5rNS6WyI

cheers and parading and no concern for his money or career vs mourning over backlash and worrying about how much money the guy was making

I know some people see no difference between a person facing backlash for financially supporting the suppression of civil rights vs someone just saying stupid/insensitive shit. But there is a difference.

This is the article they reference on the second video.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/ma...life.html?_r=0

And the event Kasparian references (I think) is that old video she did on how she proudly assaulted some 15 year old kid, and Cenk cheered her. The kid smacked her butt, and she kicked him off his bike to then proceeded to punch his ribs while he was begging her to stop.

I guess people are starting to put the pitchforks back in the closet.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-04-06 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean to tell me that obviously biased news programs are obviously biased?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mozilla is actually a very progressive company, for them to have a ceo who is anti-gay is pretty big.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    cheers and parading and no concern for his money or career vs mourning over backlash and worrying about how much money the guy was making
    Morning? They called him a dick...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Morning? They called him a dick...
    Dicks are awesome, though.

Wait! That came out wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Some dicks are bigger than others.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you just say dicks are awsome and to wait because it came out wrong? Not that there is anything wrong with it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Mozilla is actually a very progressive company, for them to have a ceo who is anti-gay is pretty big.
    Not that it maters, but they insulted the two people in second video, far more then the Mozzila guy in the first. The op can just as easily flip the scenario and say TYT are hypocrites for not insulting the Mozzila guy as much as the others.

The op screams copy and paste from conspiracy site, without watching... Which makes sense, as the alternative is actually being their follower, to watch these videos.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Are the TYT haters from the Youtube comments seeping into MMO-Champion? This reeks of personal vendetta, did they hurt your feelings?

I am only subbed to tyt for the comments section anymore. Far more interesting than their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Far more interesting than their opinions.
    Heh, their opinions are basically just Huffpost article headlines anyway. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Every since the video, I seen with the the Female CoHost, entertaining that moron Thunderf00t and his little brain dead cult, I stop taking them even sort of serious.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I agree with TYT roughly 90% of the time, but sometimes they get things so painfully wrong.

I genuinely couldn't believe that they started attacking Ayaan Hirshi Ali recently. I had to watch the video twice because it's so surreal.

Heh, their opinions are basically just Huffpost article headlines anyway. :P
    It's sad that you aren't too far off from the truth with that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I agree with TYT roughly 90% of the time, but sometimes they get things so painfully wrong.

I genuinely couldn't believe that they started attacking Ayaan Hirshi Ali recently. I had to watch the video twice because it's so surreal.

Why should she be a spared criticism.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people see no difference between a person facing backlash for financially supporting the suppression of civil rights vs someone just saying stupid/insensitive shit. But there is a difference.
    Yes in one case someone donated money to a political campaign, which they agreed with alongside a majority of voters. On the other you have someone intentionally being an asshole to a low level fast food employee, and then publicizing that behavior online with a video to get cheers from other assholes who share his ass opinions.

Lots of difference here.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I stopped watching them because they rarely cover anything substantive that hasn't already been covered and I find them to be more annoying than amusing.

That being said, I don't think it's hypocrisy in this case.

TYT is good watch during election times because they tend to expose bullshit on both sides pretty well but their mid election coverage gets at times very cringeworthy with lack of proper investigation before spouting out shit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Lots of difference here.
    Everyone is an asshole to some extent or another. Not everyone believes their assholery should be codified into law and inflicted on everyone else in the country. Yes, there is "lots of difference here."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why should she be a spared criticism.
    I have no idea what they've said about her, but if it's anything like their criticism of Sam Harris (which was basically them intentionally distorting what he was trying to say), then it's not useful criticism in the slightest.