View Poll Results: The Star Trek Kirk and Spock as lovers?

Voters
73. This poll is closed
  • Yes why not, let's boldly go.

13 17.81%
  • No, I think the alternative universe is a bad concept.

60 82.19%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Edit: Shatner replaced a tape at the last second to include Kirk's kiss with Uhura, to get Star Trek to televise the first inter-racial kiss... ever televised. I would not put him past making this happen, too.

Boldly go big or boldly go home.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2015-04-07 at 07:48 AM.

Sexuality for pleasure doesn't exist in Vulcan society. Attraction doesn't factor into the equation, only the ability to create children.

Also, even if it did exist. A Vulcan officer would know better than to court his captain serving on the same ship.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    How about people stop changing established franchises and instead think of new ones where they can go wild with their imagination?
    How about letting a story be told rather than treating it like your smartphone where everything is in YOUR control. I think part if the reason WoW story sucks sometimes is because they listen to lunatic fans that are so void if inspiration. Honestly shut up and enjoy the story or how about you go make a new one.

It's art not your identity.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    How about letting a story be told rather than treating it like your smartphone where everything is in YOUR control. I think part if the reason WoW story sucks sometimes is because they listen to lunatic fans that are so void if inspiration. Honestly shut up and enjoy the story or how about you go make a new one.

Oh the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Sexuality for pleasure doesn't exist in Vulcan society. Attraction doesn't factor into the equation, only the ability to create children.

Also, even if it did exist. A Vulcan officer would know better than to court his captain serving on the same ship.
    I said lover and Spock obviously has a relationship with Uhura. Spock doesn't have to follow every Vulcan tradition.

I resent your poll choices greatly. I love the reboot and its alternate universe, I think making them gay however is a bad idea.

Good thing Spock isn't a pure Vulcan and exhibits human traits on many occasions.

Doesn't mean anything changes, I see literally no way of making them gay that adds anything at all to the story, it would be completely out of place and pretty much ruin the film.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2015-04-07 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Edit: Shatner replaced a tape at the last second to include Kirk's kiss with Uhura, to get Star Trek to televise the first inter-racial kiss... ever televised. I would not put him past making this happen, too.

Boldly go big or boldly go home.
    Exactly too bad so many have lost vision for possibility. Just as long as everything is SAFE.

Lol, way to contradict your self there chum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I resent your poll choices greatly. I love the reboot and its alternate universe, I think making them gay however is a bad idea.
    Yeah and I partly blame viewers like you for making the franchise less science and more fiction and also safe boring and predictable.

Basically, what you're trying to suggest yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about wonder woman and super girl?

Now that I could get into.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yeah and I partly blame viewers like you for making the franchise less science and more fiction and also safe boring and predictable.
    Excuse me? You are trying to force your gay agenda into a series about space exploration.

Stop getting mad because nobody agrees with you.

I said lover and Spock obviously has a relationship with Uhura. Spock doesn't have to follow every Vulcan tradition.
    This still doesn't consider the issue that Kirk is his commanding officer. Romance between crew members of different command structures is one thing. Kirk being spock's commanding officer on the same ship is a whole other story. Especially Spock would see the inappropriateness of their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Basically, what you're trying to suggest yourself?
    No I'm suggesting something new that hasn't been done against those saying leave it the way I like.

- - - Updated - - -

This still doesn't consider the issue that Kirk is his commanding officer. Romance between crew members of different command structures is one thing. Kirk being spock's commanding officer on the same ship is a whole other story. Especially Spock would see the inappropriateness of their actions.
    An issue that has not stopped Kirk in the past or Spock with Uhura in the new movies.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the most sound response for why not, but short if the Vulcan traditions I still see it only as a challenge. However I think Spick and Kirk being in love in my view I think would do more to challenge ideas about everything else they do. Especially if it never overshadows that one element.
    Spock had a romantic interest in Uhura. That's already a challenging idea. Throwing in a statistically improbable pairing of Kirk and Spock would come across as nothing short of contrived.

(Less than 5% of the population is homosexual. Even with going with 5%, it's statistically unlikely that any of the (7) bridge crew would be gay (30%). The probability that the captain is gay would be 5%. The probability that Spock would also be gay is 0.25%)

It's better to tell a story people need to see than what they want to see.
    Firstly, I don't accept this unsubstantiated assertion. Secondly even if I did, why exactly would we need to see a romance between Spock and Kirk?

No I'm suggesting something new that hasn't been done against those saying leave it the way I like.
    Hasn't been done for a reason, just like making Kirk a transgender, or turning Uhura into a 14 year old or the bzillion others things that would be super edgy and new but AWFUL for the story and would shred all credibilty since you'd be turning it into a political correctness playground, exactly the opposite of what star trek always has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Excuse me? You are trying to force your gay agenda into a series about space exploration.

Gay agenda no there is only one agenda and that us by the same minds that can't come up with anything new. And by the way the actor that plays Spock now is gay in real life. How do you like that agenda.

Gay agenda no there is only one agenda and that us by the same minds that can't come up with anything new. And by the way the actor that plays Spock now is gay in real life. How do you like that agenda.
    No he is resting in peace.

And stop with the attitude, again, nobody wants to throw up their evening meal when 2 guys start making out. Its not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post

Star Trek is largely about social issues and a challenge to current ideas and mindsets.

However, i do believe the lack of addressing the issue in an Utopian future is a positive. Acknowledging that it is an issue in the far enlightened future would give credit to criticism of homosexuality.

And guess what, Mr Quinto realizes how idiotic it would be to make Spock gay and plays the part heterosexual happily. What's meant by gay agenda is that you and a few others want to put homosexual stories everywhere, even places that focus very little or not at all on sexuality.