Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Do I miss the mechanic? Yes. Do I miss the bugs that allowed for the abuse of it? No.
    Bugs.. ?

/10

I miss it for Affli, but then, I'm not even playing Affli anymore. Other specs? I'm fine without it and wouldn't really mind if it never came back.

Deleted
    Yes, I miss it as a mechanic to spice up pve rotations.
    I wouldn't really want it to return though since we have seen how it can cause severe scaling issues for some classes.
    Now that it's gone, they could also remove the shard cost on soul swap btw, that would make affliction a little bit more fluid, but I guess the spec needs more than just that to make it more interesting.

Deleted
    i wouldnt have had anything against the removal of snapshotting if they had kept soulswap the way it was, as removing snapshotting AND putting a shard cost on soulswap was a bit excessive or if they had changed soulswap to be worth its cast(something like death knight's pestilence) instead of simply saving you 1 gcd at the cost of 1 shard which is a cost that is simply too high imo.

Warlock specifically yes, overall meh. Affliction just feels so bland right now like something is missing.
    Hi Sephurik

Whether or not Affdots made it too easy or not it gave Affliction something to do or watch for. Right now Affliction has to be the most boring spec to play. Snapshotting being gone is fine but something else needs to happen in its place.

No I dont. I much rather jumping into meta for 10s and burning fury on a proc than hawk eyeing my procs and praying they line up when it comes time to refresh doom.

It can Rest in Pieces forever.

Or until the next xpack when people bitching and complaining will make Blizzard bring it back.

Bugs.. ?
    There was a bug involving snapshotting and soul swap that allowed you to store all your procs into your dots then extend them for upwards of 2 minutes if done well.

There was a bug involving snapshotting and soul swap that allowed you to store all your procs into your dots then extend them for upwards of 2 minutes if done well.
    That wasn't a bug lel

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Oh look, yet another person who thinks that pressing a couple if specific buttons when addon basically tells you to is "skill" .

Not only it was trivial effort truly due to AffDots and such, it was also a case of being dependent on good rng and furthermore it diminished all the fails you did in between the procs galore, which produced an effect of 80% of whatever you did in the encounter did not matter, as long as you did 20% right. Which in turn made pretty average players seem like they are actually decent.
    Oh look! another person who minimizes everything to make it seem simple. Affdots was only used by people who never took the time to track procs previously. Everyone that had a clue did. Dot snapshotting existed before the addon and people got on great without it.

WoW is an easy game. Nothing about playing classes well was every complicated. Yet there were/are plenty of people who perform poorly. So yes, I guess knowing what to do is "skill" in this game.

The removal of snapshotting was to give everyone a gold star.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    It can Rest in Pieces forever.

Or until the next xpack when people bitching and complaining will make Blizzard bring it back.
    It'll be like dailies. The relentless bitching and whining about how bad they sucked, and about how repetitive gameplay was bad design, and now people are calling for them to be put back in the game. lol. lel. lol.

That's not a bug, that's just how the mechanic worked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yet there were/are plenty of people who perform poorly. So yes, I guess knowing what to do is "skill" in this game.
    Knowing what to do and doing it are two very different things.

Deleted
    I miss it so much :3
    Thats the reason why i don't main warlock anymore.
    Affli is so boring atm that i didn't even play it for more than 30mn.

Yes. It was broken, poor design, but it gave you something to do. I doubt anyone prefers 6.0 over 5.4 affliction. There was something fun about the high ppm pulls where your pboi and bboy would proc at the perfect times.

do I want it back? no not really. those days are done. I just wish they'd introduce something to affliction to make it more interesting to play.

I miss snapshot from affliction but that's it. The removal of snapshot affected each spec differently for me; demo became less clunky and IMO better and more fluid, affy became a shadow of its former self, a hollow empty shell of a spec and destro was essentially unaffected.

Nope, but I don't generally play affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss fel flame and glyphed curse of exhaustion more... and healing from haunt

Yes I miss it. It gave more depth to the gameplay and made it harder to be played well. I also miss haste tresholds and reforging to them. Pls bring it back.

I don't miss it. I'd been saying since Wrath that snapshotting was an unintuitive and abusable mechanic. It was a terrible source of complexity and skill feedback.

That said, it still was a source of complexity and skill feedback. The class needs new ones to replace it. But it's still better without than with.