Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I played a few of these decks today and stomped them. I just don't see it being viable at all in end game play unless someone comes up with something really creative.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I played a few of these decks today and stomped them. I just don't see it being viable at all in end game play unless someone comes up with something really creative.
    It's so fun though. Someone had me down to like, 5 while they had full and I won due to Grim Patron.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Personally I predict that Axe Flinger shenanigans will enhance this deck to the point where it may shift the meta.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I went up against someone with a Grim Patron deck. Shut him down because he didn't have enough extra self-damage and I had loads of silence to screw over his charge-givers. Felt good.

Deleted
    It's funny looking back at this thread and seeing the amount of people calling Patron Warrior nothing more than a "Gimmicky deck" and today's meta is swarming with Patron Warriors with the deck even ranking as the number 1 deck in Liquidhearth's "deck of the week" after receiving the number 1 spot by all pros in the panel. How times change !

I guess the only thing allowing this deck to shine is the fact that the meta is dominated by aggro decks. If the meta shifts and Control decks become predominant Grim Patron will most likely disappear (Handlock and Control Warrior have a very favourable match-up against Patron decks).
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-05-08 at 07:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nerf this to a 4/3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentanius View Post
    Nerf this to a 4/3
    Nerf to 7/3, make it vulnerable to BGH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buff it to a 5/1 with Battlecry: Gain mega-windfury + 50 attack + charge

Cannot attack.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Does Nozdormu work against patron shenanigans?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    It's funny looking back at this thread and seeing the amount of people calling Patron Warrior nothing more than a "Gimmicky deck" and today's meta is swarming with Patron Warriors with the deck even ranking as the number 1 deck in Liquidhearth's "deck of the week" after receiving the number 1 spot by all pros in the panel. How times change !

I guess the only thing allowing this deck to shine is the fact that the meta is dominated by aggro decks. If the meta shifts and Control decks become predominant Grim Patron will most likely disappear (Handlock and Control Warrior have a very favourable match-up against Patron decks).
    "This deck is good because people are prioritizing more popular decks to counter right now"

Makes a deck weak, don't you think? The only reason people aren't countering the shit out of it is because they're more worried about other decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    "This deck is good because people are prioritizing more popular decks to counter right now"

Makes a deck weak, don't you think? The only reason people aren't countering the shit out of it is because they're more worried about other decks.
    If it was up to me I would keep things exactly how they are. Patron Warriors keep Zoo and Face Hunter in check and people like me with Control Warrior/Handlock keep Patron Warrior in check. I would still prefer a heavy control meta (I want to build greedy decks and not worry about losing the game by turn 4) but I guess we can't have everything so I guess I will take what is offered to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im loving the OTK deck from icy veins site. Definitely a fun deck.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

If it was up to me I would keep things exactly how they are. Patron Warriors keep Zoo and Face Hunter in check and people like me with Control Warrior/Handlock keep Patron Warrior in check. I would still prefer a heavy control meta (I want to build greedy decks and not worry about losing the game by turn 4) but I guess we can't have everything so I guess I will take what is offered to me.
    Control decks are expensive as fuck to make, so I doubt we'll ever see a control-heavy meta.

I love the Patron deck, I always wanted to play an enrage warrior, but it never really worked, and I didn't have the cards to run a control warrior, so the entire class was pretty much not viable to me.

Deleted
    We had the exact same situation(and classes) when Miracle Rogue was the thing, and Miracle Rogue had to be nerfed for the Meta to push itself forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    We had the exact same situation(and classes) when Miracle Rogue was the thing, and Miracle Rogue had to be nerfed for the Meta to push itself forward.
    "forward", in both cases.

@Arrowstormen we'll see a control heavy meta the moment control dominates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beating Grim Patron decks is all a matter of not letting the opponent proc it's effect, because that is what screws you over. I have countered several Grim Patron decks in recent weeks with a Mage deck without many problems. If I see one, I kill it with fire so it can't spawn more. Using any Mage spell that kills it in one hit is the ideal way to do it, or with minions that can 1 shot it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's OTK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    What's OTK?
    One Turn Kill
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a hard deck to counter because so much of it is based on how quickly you get the right cards. Once you have a field of Grim Patrons though, you are screwed. The cards have to line up tight to OTK someone without dying before you play all your cards.

P.S. Isn't that the actual meaning of OTK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.