Deleted

Do you ever use Life Tap as Affliction/Demonology?

I mean is there a way that you can run OOM as Affl/Demo? Why do we still have Life Tap, if we don't use it at all? I'm more of a PvPer so i can't be so sure about high end raiding, but any other aspect of the game it seems that your mana just never drops below 50% ...

Yes, with a Demonbolt build you have to life tap regularly. You cast your Soul Fires in Caster form and they cost 24k MP each.

With the other talents I am thinking somewhere between 1-5 times per fight maybe but this is a rough estimate. On single target I think it is a similar number for Affliction but I haven't played that much in a raid recently to be sure.

The difference with a raid is we spend 4-15 minutes (our first Iron Maidens hc kill really took this long) usually continuously casting and in combat.

In PvP you spend quite a bit of time running around doing nothing(not to mention different mana costs of spells like Fear and more frequent use of CC spells, which often do not cost mana).

In PvE the goal is to get as many casts off as possible, and by design you will go OOM as Aff/Demo. That is why you have Life Tap. You life tap when you move, so you don't have to life tap when you really want to be standing still and casting DPS abilities.

gruul, 5:50, 3 life taps. darmac, 8:45, 3 life taps. both as demonology. played very little affliction this expansion, but that spec also has to life tap in pve. probably about the same as demo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    gruul, 5:50, 3 life taps. darmac, 8:45, 3 life taps. both as demonology. played very little affliction this expansion, but that spec also has to life tap in pve. probably about the same as demo.
    To Sifu: For clarification the reason he life tapped just as many times on a longer fight is because your mana is regenerating while in demo form and you are in demo form a lot more often in a fight like darmac.

As Affliction, you'll definitely need it. Especially on fights where you're multi-dotting (Hans & Franz, Twin Ogron, etc).

From what I can remember I actually had the opposite experience Razzdu as Drain Soul has a lot higher mana cost than the DoTs (which seems back to front to me)
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-08 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokty View Post
    To Sifu: For clarification the reason he life tapped just as many times on a longer fight is because your mana is regenerating while in demo form and you are in demo form a lot more often in a fight like darmac.
    I am not sure about that. If you use CHW and Doom spears, you mostly have not enought Demonic Fury for long time in Demoform and Doom with CHW every 30 second spend a lot of it.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

more so as demo than aff, the most i use it as aff is when im spamming seed and its going off instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea if you actually raid heroic + You're using life tap often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Deleted
    In pve you have to Life Tap quite often so no chance of it being removed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I use Life Tap often (in pve), but not nearly as much as when I played Demonbolt. Really, I don't mind the mechanic, but I feel like it is an old mechanic that feels out of place with the way the game currently plays - at least when looking at other classes.

Deleted
    yah, especially during execute phase. i've ran OOM before like a bad lock and had to life tap at really inopportune times. it's slightly annoying to have to waste a GCD on lifetap, when most other classes don't even know what mana is (literally everything but healers and arcane mages) but it's ok with 380k hp, life tap restores like 40% of my mana or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    yah, especially during execute phase. i've ran OOM before like a bad lock and had to life tap at really inopportune times. it's slightly annoying to have to waste a GCD on lifetap, when most other classes don't even know what mana is (literally everything but healers and arcane mages) but it's ok with 380k hp, life tap restores like 40% of my mana or something.
    Having to life tap has nothing to do with being good or bad, Demo and Aff don't have accelerated mana regeneration so naturally you will run out of mana at some point. Tapping can be done while readjusting your position, so it's not a waste of a global at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendeth View Post
    Yes, I use Life Tap often (in pve), but not nearly as much as when I played Demonbolt. Really, I don't mind the mechanic, but I feel like it is an old mechanic that feels out of place with the way the game currently plays - at least when looking at other classes.
    Just remember that we are balanced around it. I personally like it. Gives the class some flavor and makes us different from other casters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    I am not sure about that. If you use CHW and Doom spears, you mostly have not enought Demonic Fury for long time in Demoform and Doom with CHW every 30 second spend a lot of it.
    I never run GoSyn/cata for that fight and am always scumming the pack beasts with CW and Dooming every spear to spawn and have always been extremely flush with D.Fury. Just checked my logs for the last month of kills of mythic darmac I haven't had to cast a single Life Tap.

Deleted
    Yes, you'd have to use life tap in some encounters. Alot for fights where you're Molten core starving. Like gruul.