Deleted

MM Healing composition

Hey guys,

I recently started mythic mode in the BRF with my guild and we re currently at 3/10. Not to shabby but not the best.

However we re having a few problems at the raid composition level.
    I ll pass on the tanks issues, we have 4 different classes (drood, war, monk & dk) and sometimes it s hard to say who raids and who doesn't. I Always try to prioritize the best tank class on the current boss but whatever.

Anyway, the real issue is when I have to choose the healing composition for the raid.
    I have a few questions so :

1 - What are the bosses that requires 4 heals ? Those who requires 5 heals ?
    Fatboss & method & online guides don't agree. I imagine I ll have to adapt the composition to my raid.
    A quick list of the first 5 bosses would be nice !
    Mine : Darmac 5 heals / Gruul 5 heals / Oregorger 4 heals / Twins 4 heals / Kagraz 5 heals / Thogar 4 heals / Kromogg 5 ....Etc.

2 - What is, in your opinion, the best healing composition for 4 healeurs ? 5 healeurs ?

3 - Is the duo hpal / Dp mandatory in every mythic raid ?

4 - We have two druids in the roster is that a weakness ? I haven't seen any videos where they use 2rdruids. Why is that ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer to my PVE HL newbies questions ^^.

Cheers.

Deleted
    Im only 5/10 Mythic but heres my 2 cents

A disc priest and a paladin (or 2 for that matter) isn´t mandatory, but it will make things easier. Just like a resto shaman is very good on most fights.

Required amount of healers is hard to tell. It will depend on your current comp. Tho if there is no tight dps check like Gruul/Butcher there is no need to go over the required amount of healers.
    We 4 heal and 3 tank Darmac, some 5-6 heal and 2 tank, we just found this alot easier. Ore we 5 heal, but if you can do it with 4 then thats fine, but theres no need to underheal otherwise. Gruul 5, unless cant meet dps check 4, but you should have the dps with 5 else you do have some problems. Flamebender 4, H+F 5, Kromog 5 but some do it with 4 (progressing on this one).

In the end you gotta try things and see what is best, you can always drop a healer if you think less would help.

Even tho resto druids are arguable one of the weakest out of all healers in Mythic BrF right now, it should be doable if skilled. Like mentioned above some classes will make it easier but its not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixcis View Post
    Fatboss & method & online guides don't agree. I imagine I ll have to adapt the composition to my raid.
    Mine : Darmac 5 heals / Gruul 5 heals / Oregorger 4 heals / Twins 4 heals / Kagraz 5 heals / Thogar 4 heals / Kromogg 5 ....Etc.

2 - What is, in your opinion, the best healing composition for 4 healeurs ? 5 healeurs ?

4 - We have two druids in the roster is that a weakness ? I haven't seen any videos where they use 2rdruids. Why is that ?
    1. 4 heal everything except for Beastlord and Operator Thogar; can use 5 if you're struggling.

2. 4 healers best comp is disc, paladin, shaman, x
    5 healers best comp is disc, 2x paladin, shaman, x

3. disc is almost mandatory on oregorger and gruul
    paladin is pretty much mandatory on anything with high tank damage unless your disc focuses tanks with CoW

4. Not a weakness if your other 2 healers are disc + paladin.

Deleted
    Disc priest is completely mandatory for iron maidens and really really useful on gruul and oreo (and nice to have practically in all bosses).

My experience:

Darmac: 5 healers (you could 3 tank it if you have problems or even 6 healers+2tanks).
    Gruul, oreo, Thogar: 5 healers (at least for first kill is safer, could be done with 4 easily).
    Twins: it really doesn't matter, for first kill I'd go with 5 healers, it could be done with 3 healers (if people don't die due to stampers)
    Blast furnace: 5 healers
    Flamebender, Kromog, iron maidens, Blackhand: 4 healers

This depends on a lot of factors. With the gear and execution routine we have now, we 4-heal all mythic bosses except Operator Thogar. With less gear and experience we used 5 healers on Darmac, Gruul, Oregorger and Hans&Franz as well.

Mine : Darmac 5 heals / Gruul 5 heals / Oregorger 4 heals / Twins 4 heals / Kagraz 5 heals / Thogar 4 heals / Kromogg 5
    IMO Kromog is very hard with 5 healers because you need the burst dps on the pillars, 4 is better (and you will have good gear by the time you get there). Thogar is easier to learn with 5 healers. Kagraz does hardly any damage so 5 healers are wasted here. Gruul is easier with 5 healers if your dps is good enough to make enrage.

One disc priest is mandatory. HPally is very strong on fights with much tank damage, however, 4-healing most bosses now, it feels easier without him. If you underheal bosses, resto druids are extremely strong and 4-healing fights like Gruul, Darmac or Kromog feels much easier with a second druid instead of a pally. So I wouldn't say HPally is mandatory, but can make fights easier. Definitely take on if you're 5-healing.

It's uncommon but not a weakness. There is no reason to take a holy priest or mistweaver instead of a druid. It's just that there are so few healing spots when you have disc/pally fixed, and moonkins are very strong.

Deleted
    Only fight a healer could be labeled "mandatory" would be Iron maidens from what i heard. Rest people should stop throwing around the word mandatory on disc and palas, this is saying its impossible without one. Its not. Does it make some fights a whole lot easier on healer? Yes. Is it impossible to clear Mythic without? No, but it wont be easy.

I can tell you my first plan was to go holy in WoD, mainly cause they sounded more appealing to me and i couldn´t play one in MoP and they were really strong on beta. When it turned out Disc was very good to have in high end raiding, i immediatly swiched. Even if the disc doesn´t sound as appealing, i wanted to stay in my guild and i wanted to help them make things easier.

What im trying to say, if you want to make things easier then people rerolling or replacing is an option. Mythic raiding isn´t for everyone, but its still doable with a less desirable comp. It just demands more from your healers, dps and tanks: tightly working together, taking minimal damage, min/maxing, diffrent tactics...and so on.

1) As long as you don't hit the enrage or die due to low burst dps, using four to five healers is always a good idea. We had the following comps for our first kills:
    - Darmac: 6 healers (raid damage after Faultine is very high), though you should do it with 5
    - Hans'gar: 4 healers (there's not that much damage, but having more dps will speed up the hardest phase of the fight from 55% to 40% boss hp)
    - Ka'graz: 4 healers (5 healers is okay if you have high cleave dps for the dogs)
    - Oregorger: 5 healers (though 4 is absolutely okay if you have the right tanks and enough externals from DPS)
    - Gruul: 5 healers (thanks to the item buff 6 will also be okay)
    - Kromog: 4 healers (you really need strong burst dps for the pillar phases)
    - Thogar: 5 healers (pain in the ass to heal as you're running around most of the time)
    - Maidens: 4 healers (boring until you hit 20%, like heroic)
    - Furnace: 5 healers (will start progress today)

2) Depends on bosses. But I'd like to see discipline priest, resto shaman, resto druid, mistweaver monk(, holy paladin)
    Revival and tranq are too good to miss. Druids are also awesome for spread fights and movement fights. Shamans have great CDs (2x SLT, HTT, Asc, SWG)

3) No.

4) Druids are strong but not mandatory. Most guilds have their druids spec to balance as owl is soooo fucking insane this tier. But well, as long as you're not progressing the final bosses, two druids are fine.
    Last edited by Keashaa; 2015-04-08 at 12:58 PM.

Hey guys,

I recently started mythic mode in the BRF with my guild and we re currently at 3/10. Not to shabby but not the best.

However we re having a few problems at the raid composition level.
    I ll pass on the tanks issues, we have 4 different classes (drood, war, monk & dk) and sometimes it s hard to say who raids and who doesn't. I Always try to prioritize the best tank class on the current boss but whatever.

Anyway, the real issue is when I have to choose the healing composition for the raid.
    I have a few questions so :

Thanks for taking the time to answer to my PVE HL newbies questions ^^.

Cheers.
    1. You can 4 heal everything except Thogar

2. Disc, Paladin, Monk/Shaman/RDruid (Pick any 2/3)

3. Not mandatory but it's nice to have. Disc is almost mandatory and will save your raid team a lot of headaches

4. Too much overheal can be an issue. Shouldn't be that much of an issue if you've got a disc/Hpally supporting them or vice versa Better hope you've go hunter foxes and tranqs paired up well.

Deleted
    In my opinion the optimal set up for 4 healers is either

Disc / Hpal / Shamman x2
    or
    Disc / Hpal x2 / Shamman

You can clear mythic with 20 druids if you want & the whole "whats mandatory" argument tends to descend into stupidity on these forums so I'll just say this.
    If you want a much easier time on some of these fights, run a disc priest or a Hpal. Same for having a brewmaster... same for having 3 boomkins. It's easier.

The reason people don't go double druid is once the Disc/Hpal requirement has been met there just aren't enough spots to justify double druid. I'd take monk as the next healer, over druid or hpriest.