Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can also do with alter time and g invis (at least on hc) gets you back down quicker than iceblock would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Can also do with alter time and g invis (at least on hc) gets you back down quicker than iceblock would.
    How do you use Greater Invis for the hands phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1naker View Post
    It's not. Especially on Mythic. In my guild we are using tactic with mages glyphing cold snap and avoiding every single grasping earth phase. If your group stuggle (I'm not saying mine does) with dps/healing, especially with the hands on the edges, or just want to take less dmg overall, mages IB'ing hands is smart idea.
    you know you can alter time and greater invis one set of hands and lose no dps

Quote Originally Posted by Swoon View Post
    This sounds terrible and pointless, arcane damage on hands with arcane explosion is good and you are wasting time doing nothing in block. @_@
    Raid take less damage if fewer people are in hands. It's less damage needed to get everyone out of hands if there're fewer hands. With fewer hands the remaining hands is more stacked. We got two mages, two paladins, two tanks, two rogues not getting into any hand. Leave us with 12 hands to kill instead of 20. Much easier to AoE 12 targets then 20. Since less AoE damage is required we can have more players taking single-target set-ups which will do more damage on Kromog which result in shorter killtime. For example warriors don't need to play bladestorm.

This tactic mean I'll never get a personal rank but I think it's beneficial for guild execution since raid will take less damage and for speed kill since there's less dmage needed to be done. Damage on hands have never been an issue, oppsosite have happened. But we got two DK:s and necrotic plague is very strong on hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mhypertext View Post
    you know you can alter time and greater invis one set of hands and lose no dps
    I've not seen anyone do that in mythic. I tihnk it's 8 casts in 5 seconds which do ~190K each. Damage reduciton from greater invisibility last 3 seconds. If you altertime right before second hit your damage reduction will run out before the fifth hit and you'll take 3 hits each ~190K damage. Guess you could alter time after the second hit and you would probably have some shields so you could take two hits but it's less then a second between each cast and you would take the two last hits putting you on very low HP and you got either the small pillars or a breath.

Think you would require a lot of healing and to me it looks dodgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azobank View Post
    Yeah, you take a lot of damage. I tried that for a few pulls when we started progress. Its a lot of damage and requires focus from healers to live through it - its not worth it.

Deleted
    Raid take less damage if fewer people are in hands. It's less damage needed to get everyone out of hands if there're fewer hands. With fewer hands the remaining hands is more stacked. We got two mages, two paladins, two tanks, two rogues not getting into any hand. Leave us with 12 hands to kill instead of 20. Much easier to AoE 12 targets then 20. Since less AoE damage is required we can have more players taking single-target set-ups which will do more damage on Kromog which result in shorter killtime. For example warriors don't need to play bladestorm.

This tactic mean I'll never get a personal rank but I think it's beneficial for guild execution since raid will take less damage and for speed kill since there's less dmage needed to be done. Damage on hands have never been an issue, oppsosite have happened. But we got two DK:s and necrotic plague is very strong on hands.
    Well, that's mostly what i was trying to say but after I saw that people seem to only see their own vision of encouter and busted me for my "cold snap" i decided to drop it and not argue These like "tricks" may be really helpful especialy for people who are progressing kromog. I agree, it may not be be an ideal way but there is always an option.

I've not seen anyone do that in mythic. I tihnk it's 8 casts in 5 seconds which do ~190K each. Damage reduciton from greater invisibility last 3 seconds. If you altertime right before second hit your damage reduction will run out before the fifth hit and you'll take 3 hits each ~190K damage. Guess you could alter time after the second hit and you would probably have some shields so you could take two hits but it's less then a second between each cast and you would take the two last hits putting you on very low HP and you got either the small pillars or a breath.

True, alter time + ginvis is dodgy and not worth the risk on mythic IMO, but alter time + bop works like a charm and makes you a mobile aoe monster

Deleted
    As people have previously said here i would not recommend at all immuning the hand phase it is a waste and can be used for other life saving moments what maybe couldn't be avoided yourself.

On Dpsing the hands themselves save up your supernova's and you AP + PC on the 2nd set to keep them in line for CDs on pillars

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile View Post
    As people have previously said here i would not recommend at all immuning the hand phase it is a waste and can be used for other life saving moments what maybe couldn't be avoided yourself.

On Dpsing the hands themselves save up your supernova's and you AP + PC on the 2nd set to keep them in line for CDs on pillars
    I'd argue using AP/Crystal for the hands is padding.
    I've done it on farm for that exact reason but I would recommend just using those cooldowns on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulja35 View Post
    Also do you stay out of the rune and ice block through it?
    You can Alter Time or Ice Block, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Supertnova, AE, etc.
    For Normal/Heroic, sure. For Mythic, never, EVER waste your Supernovas on hands! You'll regret it greatly when you don't have your SNs for your PC on pillars!

Also, there is no "etc". You simply spam AE.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah, pretty much single target kromog. And AE the hands, don't waste crystal on them or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

For Normal/Heroic, sure. For Mythic, never, EVER waste your Supernovas on hands! You'll regret it greatly when you don't have your SNs for your PC on pillars!

Using 1 supernova is fine if you have 2 banked, or are close to having 2 banked, as one will come back up for pillars (this is for the first hand phase, when pillar phase is shortly after). The second hand phase is just over a minute before the start of second pillar phase, so supernova can be used freely (PC comes off cooldown around the time this phase starts, and if used on cooldown, it just barely comes off again to use for the last 10 seconds of next pillars).

Simply spamming AE is often the right way to go, but it depends on setup, position etc. If you're pretty sure some hands are going to be left at 50% hp when the rest are mostly dead, just single target those from the get-go. Of course, if you're placed smack in the middle of everyone, AE is excellent - actually similar to starfall in damage distribution and output - but arcane is also blessed with excellent single target damage to take care of the outlying hands that people tend to ignore.

On a completely unrelated note, I greatly encourage using unglyphed Arcane Power. You can use it in combination with PC on pull (immediately), on first pillar phase, once in between (usually lines up with hand phase, but you must use it instantly after it comes off cooldown), on second pillar phase, and then whenever after (I suggest lining it up with Time Warp if able, as you're unlikely to get a 6th use of it - though it may differ for you).
    -

Deleted
    I basically have around 60-70k in the end after killing kromog mythic as arcane. Im pos in the middle of all hands, using x2 novas and Arcane explosion with glyph. since the hitbox is huge on hands, i'm almost able to hit all of them. So yes you should AoE as arcane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1naker View Post
    You may not like this but don't deny other's experience with encounter, its not a good idea. I personaly also would prefer to simply AE in hands but "we"(guild) chose this way of dealing with encounter and that's how we are doing it; I see some others too.
    He's not 'denying your experience', he's stating his opinion that this is a terrible waste. I agree with him. If your guild decided that you needed to prevent the damage for healing reasons, I'm interested to see how you cope with the sub-30% breaths.

In heroic and easier modes you can Ice Block or Greater Invis + Blink down however in mythic it is different it is not about getting you out but everyone so then I suggest spamming arcane explosion and you should position yourself relatively close to the center

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    When 4p procs I usualy dump one missiles into a hand that is known to lag behind on dmg otherwise. Helps a lot.