Deleted

Reading 3.1.2 patch notes: Do all flashpoints have a solo mode now?

Reading through the 3.1.2 patch notes, i can't help but notice that there are references to solo mode flashpoints. How does this work? Do all flashpoints have a solo mode, or just a limited amount?

A limited amount. The flashpoints involved in the Forged Alliances story chain were given a solo mode. They were released in 2.10 as the lead-in to Shadow of Revan's storyline. The SoR flashpoints also have a solo mode. They give you a droid companion that can tank/dps/heal to help you and whatever regular you have get through them.

The only ones that currently have a solo mode are the 4 from the Forged Alliance series:

Assault on Tython
    Korriban Incursion
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata

and the 2 new ones from the SoR expansion:

Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

I'll be curious to see how the max rate of xp/credits compares to other methods. (As in, use a stealth class with rocket boots to complete a FP ASAP.)

i honestly think it is a great idea to make flashpoints soloable for those who have trouble finding a group or simply prefer to play by themselves, although if that is what they prefer a mmo is probably not the best game genre for them...

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The only ones that currently have a solo mode are the 4 from the Forged Alliance series:

Assault on Tython
    Korriban Incursion
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata

and the 2 new ones from the SoR expansion:

Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi
    Ah I didn't know Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi had solo modes (though I didn't really check, I just assumed they didn't). This is good news!

I really enjoyed the solo FPs in the Forged Alliance series. I was able to run the FPs at my own pace and really enjoy what was going on. When grouped you are usually in a rush to get through it. It's nice to clear them at my own speed and really take in what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Ah I didn't know Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi had solo modes (though I didn't really check, I just assumed they didn't). This is good news!

I really enjoyed the solo FPs in the Forged Alliance series. I was able to run the FPs at my own pace and really enjoy what was going on. When grouped you are usually in a rush to get through it. It's nice to clear them at my own speed and really take in what's going on.
    Agreed.

That whole solo thing BW came up with is a hit all the way around. Group if you want, solo if want. I've heard people asking for solo dungeons for years. Seeing solo flashpoints was and is a great edition to the game. I think more MMo games need to have that as possibilities for people to play around in.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played at Launch for a few months and quit, I came back to SWTOR mainly for the leveling aspect as for the most part it plays like a single player game w/ MMO aspects (kind of like DA: Inquisition) so I'm happy to hear I'll have a few solo FPs to do. I raided WoW for 10 years (give or take) so I'm not really looking to get into that aspect of SWTOR and I'm enjoying my level 53 sentinel at the moment.