tier gear vrs higher ilevel, is it worth it?

I'm running as Destro/demo counting on the fight and I have a Heroic BRF Tier chest and I just got a normal BRF tier shoulder, but I had on a Mythic Highmaul shoulder which has bis stats on it, basically ilevel 685 tier chest, 670 brf tier shoulder, 685 highmaul shoulder.

Is it worth it for either destro or demo to take the lower ilevel shoulder to get a 2pc bonus going?

Also where does the 685 level 4 crafted trinket sit among the bis trinkets? I notice that only raid drops tend to get mentioned on dps charts.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-04-07 at 05:04 PM.

Demo 2pc is roughly a 3-5% DPS increase. It's definitely worth the ilvl hit.

2 pc for 15 ilvl downgrade = totally worth it regardless of the stats, 4 pc is worth even more (as demo at least)

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    When the new alchemy trinket was first announced it was a mastery trinket and would have been BiS for warlocks(Over mythic non tertiary GRS or Darmacs) until they altered it, I'm not sure where it actually lies now since I know of no warlocks ever using it(pretty sure copelands clarity is still better than it at 20ilvl downgrade because of the flat int and comparable SP gain).

Quote Originally Posted by Nokty View Post
    When the new alchemy trinket was first announced it was a mastery trinket and would have been BiS for warlocks(Over mythic non tertiary GRS or Darmacs) until they altered it, I'm not sure where it actually lies now since I know of no warlocks ever using it(pretty sure copelands clarity is still better than it at 20ilvl downgrade because of the flat int and comparable SP gain).
    I meant to refer to the 685 inscription trinket Sandman's pouch, I don't raid mythic as I raid in a casual group and pug the bosses they don't reach. I didn't consider the new alchemy trinket because I knew it was bad and never made one.

It procs crit so I was wondering if it was worthwhile for destro alongside Goren repository or if the Blackhand trinket was better. Same ilevel, procs multi instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I meant to refer to the 685 inscription trinket Sandman's pouch, I don't raid mythic as I raid in a casual group and pug the bosses they don't reach. I didn't consider the new alchemy trinket because I knew it was bad and never made one.

It procs crit so I was wondering if it was worthwhile for destro alongside Goren repository or if the Blackhand trinket was better. Same ilevel, procs multi instead.
    oh, then yeah the sandman's pouch is better than the multistrike one for sure since, even when its at 100% power for the .5 sec duration its still only a chance at a multistrike, no guaranty that it will give you extra hits since its not capping out your multistrike rating. The Crit buff you gain from both GSR and Sandman's is an additive DMG increase to chaos bolt. Those two trinkets paired with Charred Remains will allow you to use a lot of chaos bolts while they are procced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Well I have both Blackhand trinket and Sandman's 4/4, Sandman's is better - it's INT is very poor, but the proc is both very good and VERY predictable AND aligns well with DS cooldown especially thanks to AD.

Blackhand's piece has a very good over-budgeted INT, but the proc is very unreliable and very short-lived due to it's nature.