10+ Year Old Account

Conquest Catch-up Changes

Looks like they might finally be starting to listen to feedback. First they reverted the 10% damage nerf, now this.
    As of this week’s reset, we’ve made a change to how the Conquest catch-up cap is calculated that should result in a 50% increase to the catch-up portion of the cap. We’re making this change because, while we still want there to be an incentive to play early and often, the amount of Conquest that a player could earn via that catch-up cap didn’t feel like enough once the PvP season had been active for a while.

To elaborate, the formula used to calculate a player’s catch-up cap is now:
    <Number of weeks passed in the season> × 1500 - <Total amount of Conquest earned this season>

That number is then added to the weekly total cap of 1700. Note that, as of this post, Warlords Season 1 has been active for 18 weeks, which means the maximum possible catch-up cap for a player that has not earned any Conquest points this season is 28,700 Conquest.

I got a question. Lets say i cap my arenas every week. I miss one week. Next week will i be at 3200 possible points? Cause right now it isnt working that way. Ill still be at 1700 and they just ignore i earned 0 of my 1500 last week. I have a higher rating than 1500 so earn more than 1500-1700 a week, not sure if that matters.

Also i just wish they did something to make it faster. I have no problem earning less than the people who pvped every week and only getting 1000 for hitting 100 too late on that character. What i dont like is spending the next 5-10 hours grinding 2s to get caught up. Now its going to be even longer. They added that 25% conq flask but i think it should be more, maybe even up to 100%.

Deleted
    I started playing around 10 weeks into the season, earned 21.5k so far. Will I log in tomorrow (EU) and get a 7-8k~ cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I got a question. Lets say i cap my arenas every week. I miss one week. Next week will i be at 3200 possible points? Cause right now it isnt working that way. Ill still be at 1700 and they just ignore i earned 0 of my 1500 last week. I have a higher rating than 1500 so earn more than 1500-1700 a week, not sure if that matters.

Also i just wish they did something to make it faster. I have no problem earning less than the people who pvped every week and only getting 1000 for hitting 100 too late on that character. What i dont like is spending the next 5-10 hours grinding 2s to get caught up. Now its going to be even longer. They added that 25% conq flask but i think it should be more, maybe even up to 100%.
    Just use this formula:
    <Number of weeks passed in the season> × 1500 - <Total amount of Conquest earned this season>

If you've earned less then 27k this season then you will benefit from the catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Just use this formula:

If you've earned less then 27k this season then you will benefit from the catch up.
    Gotcha. Hard to calculate. Some weeks i get 2000 +200 cap, sometimes more, sometimes less. Guess ill have to log in and find out.

Gotcha. Hard to calculate. Some weeks i get 2000 +200 cap, sometimes more, sometimes less. Guess ill have to log in and find out.
    Shouldn't be that hard to calculate. According to the blue post we are in week 18 of the season so its as simple as:
    18 x 1500 - <Total Conquest Earned>
    You can easily see your total earned by mousing over the Conquest points in your currency tab. Doesn't really matter what you earned week to week, just the season total.

Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    Shouldn't be that hard to calculate. According to the blue post we are in week 18 of the season so its as simple as:
    18 x 1500 - <Total Conquest Earned>
    You can easily see your total earned by mousing over the Conquest points in your currency tab. Doesn't really matter what you earned week to week, just the season total.
    Yea im just at work right now. If i knew that i made the bare minimum each week and missed exactly 2 weeks, i could calculate it right now. Gotta wait til after work to see.

Yea im just at work right now. If i knew that i made the bare minimum each week and missed exactly 2 weeks, i could calculate it right now. Gotta wait til after work to see.
    Heh yea gotcha...same for me.
    I actually remoted into my computer at home when I had a break to see what kind of cap I'd have on some of my alts. Pretty happy with the change.

yay for the change. the season is most enjoyable when you can fully gear up as soon as you hit 100. Until then, alts are just annoying to maintain and impossible to run rated with.

Deleted
    I don't get it. If you started gearing an alt even yesterday, the cap was already over 10k per week. I mean who the hell caps 10k in week without wanting to jump out the window, let alone want a higher cap?!

A good catchup mechanic would be to up the conquest gain by +50% for each source.

Deleted
    In other words the catchup is now high enough to fully gear your character in purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody important View Post
    I don't get it. If you started gearing an alt even yesterday, the cap was already over 10k per week. I mean who the hell caps 10k in week without wanting to jump out the window, let alone want a higher cap?!

A good catchup mechanic would be to up the conquest gain by +50% for each source.
    With the current system it is not required that you gather all of these conquest points in one week, but at whatever pace you decide...and you will catch up based on how much time you decide to put into it.

The idea of the catch up cap isn't to just instantly award new characters with full gear as soon as they hit 100. It is to allow them to catch up if they desire to put in the same amount of time playing (number of wins, events, bgs etc...) as someone who has been playing all season.

As far as earning the conquest, 10K cap is not that bad at all. Did it on my rogue in 1 weekend trolling around in Ashran. That's enough for conquest weapons and a couple pieces of random other gear within the first few days of being max level, and that wasn't even trying to gain conquest in the most efficient way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    In other words the catchup is now high enough to fully gear your character in purples.
    Yea it should be. It takes around 26k conquest to get a full set of conquest gear. Catch up cap should bring your earned total to over 28k.

Noob Question: Do I need to gather all the catch up conquest points (for a new level 100 character) in one week or lose the cap?

Ex: I start gaining conquest points this week, do I need to get them all before next reset (Tuesday)? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJWingdings View Post
    Noob Question: Do I need to gather all the catch up conquest points (for a new level 100 character) in one week or lose the cap?

Ex: I start gaining conquest points this week, do I need to get them all before next reset (Tuesday)? Thanks!
    No. Follow your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    No. Follow your own pace.
    Thanks, that was looking like a daunting cap for one week!

Great change

Anyway trashcan will now be wasteland thanks to increased cap
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

yay I can get full gear now =D