Deleted

Patchwerk. Dark Soul at 25% or 20% with Grimoire?

Hey,
    quick question I was wondering tonight and didn't resolve it myself. Given a standard patchwerk fight, let's say 3:15mins, at around 02:45 the encounter will drop to 25%.

I'm having 1 MC stack, ~600 fury, DS, Grimoire, pot up. My general rule of thumb is spamming some more SFs in caster form until I'm close to hitting 1000 fury at around 20%, +/- 1%, waiting for proccs. Reapply Corr, shift to meta, reapply Doom, pot, Grimoire, DS and burst 1000 fury with DS up.

However, whenever I review top parsing logs, most of them seem to pull DS at 25% together with Grimoire and a pot. From there on it differs, some go into meta, some don't. Casting SFs in caster with DS (in the execute phase) isn't that much of a profit, is it?

What's your approach? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc604704eaab; 2015-04-08 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just say that top parses are not necessarily showing skill, but rather very good RNG in most of the cases. Sure the guys are not retards, but really top parses are usually cases of disgustingly good RNG more than other factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good but depends on proccs mostly, you get free MC stacks at 25% so this should be your entry point for SF spam regardless of DS and/or Meta till you cap fury or proccs occur.

I usually try to stack my DS + Grimoire with trinket proccs if possible, which can happen anywhere <25%.

Huge chunk of your damage in execute comes from double doomguard, so make sure you get the most out of it <20%.

Deleted
    I figured delaying for proccs would make sense if the fightlength overcomes 25s from the point of 20%. Assuming a longer execute I often try to chain 2 DS there with proccs.

Danke!

10+ Year Old Account
    The power of double-hitting Doomguards sub 20% should make you want to hold on to that as close to 20% as you can - unless you have some pretty insane procs that make you say, "screw it... I gotta pop it now".