Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    of coarse they do they have an agenda and try to create a narrative but it isn't the press's job to do so, and that is what I'm referring to how democrats have had the upper hand because they have had a willing participant in their agenda driven narrative creation and that is the majority of the press
    the press isn't controlled by the democrats/liberals. that's been another 'false meme' for quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    You don't word your posts very well.

Mind being a little more specific?
    I think it was pretty clear. You need the world to fit inside your narrative. In this case it's already become Left vs Right, and the mods infract anyone on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So how was he turning anything around? Democrats being pro-choice isn't news? Nor is dodging a question...

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't be translated that way because people who are pro-choice don't see it as killing babies. It's not a double standard, it's a literal difference in perception.
    have you ever heard anyone in the mainstream media ask a democrat if he or she is ok with killing a 7 pound fetus or anything similar? no they would never frame a question to a democrat like that. they use safe words like "choice" and "women's health". they wont even call democrats pro abortionist. they protect them my making sure they frame the narrative as "choice" and "women's health" and how the main stream media will frame the narrative of a pro life republican as anti choice and anti women's health

have you ever heard anyone in the mainstream media ask a democrat if he or she is ok with killing a 7 pound fetus? no they would never frame a question to a democrat like that. they use safe words like choice answomens health. they wont even call democrats pro abortionist. they protect them my making sure they frame the narrative as "choice" and "women's health" and how the main stream media will frame the narrative of a pro life republican as anti choice and anti women's health
    who is this shadowy organization that perpetrates all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    the press isn't controlled by the democrats/liberals. that's been another 'false meme' for quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was pretty clear. You need the world to fit inside your narrative. In this case it's already become Left vs Right, and the mods infract anyone on the right.
    Your delusional if you don't think the media is democratic leaning, hell they have done studies to prove it true. Let alone in 2008 ABC, CBS, and NBC employees all gave over 2 million dollars to campaign funds for Obama. Republicans only got $100,000 in total donations. Or whenever a reporter or conservative leaning person is on there or writes a new article its always listed as a "minority viewpoint." Fox News is definitely conservative leaning and I won't argue with that point either. Though seriously....media bias is quite obvious.

have you ever heard anyone in the mainstream media ask a democrat if he or she is ok with killing a 7 pound fetus or anything similar? no they would never frame a question to a democrat like that. they use safe words like "choice" and "women's health". they wont even call democrats pro abortionist. they protect them my making sure they frame the narrative as "choice" and "women's health" and how the main stream media will frame the narrative of a pro life republican as anti choice and anti women's health
    So what does that tell you?

It tells you that those media organizations are pro-choice. That isn't a double standard. That is them being true to their beliefs.

The right only has one mainstream media source here in the US and I honestly don't know how they handle the issue, but if you want stuff like this I'm sure there are plenty of websites you can go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Rand Paul did something new and refreshing, he dodged a question. Yes how new and refreshing.
    You wouldn't get it from OPs quote but he didn't avoid the question. He gave his position but asked what the DNC considered life.

- - - Updated - - -

are you for real? you still trying to grasp to the falsehood of there not being a liberal bias in the media?
    how many more studies need to be done how many more polls and survey's need to be conducted how many more liberal journalist need to come forward and admit to the liberal bias in the main stream media before you finally will accept that fact?

who is this shadowy organization that perpetrates all this?
    Vyxn's name has SEVEN triangles in it.
    Vyxn's name has FOUR letters.
    SEVEN times FOUR is 28.
    2+8=10.
    0 is round.
    Eyes are round.
    10 is 1eye.

Who has 1 eye?

The illuminati.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Because they are pro choice.... they aren't forcing women to have abortions, they are making sure they can. What planet do you live on?
    Your right, and that's why he's posing this questions. What about the babies choice? He's asking the Democrats to come out and say what about the babies choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    How is this "new and refreshing"? No other politician misdirects and avoids answering a question?

Oh right...Vyxn thread.
    This sums every thing up, its a misdirect response, nothing major; standard political practice and here comes yvxn on his imaginary horse..

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's silly, no one is pro-abortion. There aren't people out there trying to get pregnant so that they can just abort. Just like you can't claim someone is pro-life when they support the death penalty. It's pro-bodily-autonomy versus anti-bodily-autonomy.

You also don't hear them asking questions like "Is it ok to kill a 7 pound fetus" because it's a loaded question that actually has nothing to do with the differing stances. There are very few (if any) people who want abortion to be legal that late.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Your right, and that's why he's posing this questions. What about the babies choice? He's asking the Democrats to come out and say what about the babies choice.
    What baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So what does that tell you?

It tells you that those media organizations are pro-choice. That isn't a double standard. That is them being true to their beliefs.

The right only has one mainstream media source here in the US and I honestly don't know how they handle the issue, but if you want stuff like this I'm sure there are plenty of websites you can go to.
    the job of a jornalist is to be unbiased not to push their agenda and create a narrative to further that agenda

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what was the question he was asked again?

The OP's 'oh so in depth' reporting failed to even quote the question he is even responding to. And I am not up on my types of false debate tactics, but isn't one of those strawman/ad hominem things when asked one question and you change the question you want to answer in order to make it easier to (not) answer?

the job of a jornalist is to be unbiased not to push their agenda and create a narrative to further that agenda
    That is an imaginary world, not the real one. I don't know of any mainstream media source that is even close to being unbiased.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    That's silly, no one is pro-abortion. There aren't people out there trying to get pregnant so that they can just abort. Just like you can't claim someone is pro-life when they support the death penalty. It's pro-bodily-autonomy versus anti-bodily-autonomy.

You also don't hear them asking questions like "Is it ok to kill a 7 pound fetus" because it's a loaded question that actually has nothing to do with the differing stances. There are very few (if any) people who want abortion to be legal that late.
    Except the lady that he told them to go ask the question to, who struck down the law against late term abortions.

Rand Paul did something new and refreshing, he dodged a question. Yes how new and refreshing.
    At least this time he didn't run away when confronted with something he didn't wanna deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

And as we all should know by now, it's a joke to think you could possibly be unbiased or objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You wouldn't get it from OPs quote but he didn't avoid the question. He gave his position but asked what the DNC considered life.
    I agree with Rand Paul on this. The Left has been stifling discussion through shaming tactics for too long, in my view.

take note republicans this is how you handle the press with their double standards of their narrative creating agenda driven gotcha questions
    don't let the liberal press create the narrative turn the tables on them expose their double standard on how they treat and question democrats compared to republicans
    The liberal media are going to do their damndest to set the narrative drive an agenda. they will once again try to resurrect the false meme of war on women war on minorities, war on the poor. don't fall for it republicans, turn the tables force the democrats to answer to their war on religion, their war on tax payers, their class warfare, their war on freedoms and liberties, and their war on future generations with their mounting debts.
    Republicans create your own narrative do not let the liberal press do it for you, because they aren't your friend they are not on your side they are on the opposite side they want to see you fail they will show you in the worse light possible if you allow them to set the narrative drive their agenda and best way to stop it and set your own is turn the tables on them

Kudos to Rand Paul for showing how it is done

PS. lets not morph this thread into an abortion debate it has been beat to death on this forum enough. im not here to change your mind on abortion and so don't try to do the same with me at least not in this thread. this thread is an example how republicans need to handle the liberal media
    To me it looks like Rand Paul just showed the world that he isn't actually a libertarian.

It's also really easy to respond to his counter-question as Pro-Choice. I'll do it right now.

"I believe the cutoff point for abortions should be when a fetus becomes viable. At 7 pounds, it's very likely that the fetus is viable and, if that is the case, abortions should not be performed. Now, let's redirect that question back at Mr. Paul. Ask him what he thinks about abortions on non-viable fetuses. "
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2015-04-08 at 10:39 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.