Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I agree with Rand Paul on this. The Left has been stifling discussion through shaming tactics for too long, in my view.
    If you don't want to be shamed don't be shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    To me it looks like Rand Paul just showed the world that he isn't actually a libertarian.
    Hasn't he always been a half-and-half between his dad and the average republican?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    So, what was the question he was asked again?

The OP's 'oh so in depth' reporting failed to even quote the question he is even responding to. And I am not up on my types of false debate tactics, but isn't one of those strawman/ad hominem things when asked one question and you change the question you want to answer in order to make it easier to (not) answer?
    He was asked his view on abortion. He answered them with a rephrasing of the question, it was a baited question by typical liberal reporters. Not saying anything wrong, but that's what happens with the extreme media bias in this country. He just gave them what they give in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    That's silly, no one is pro-abortion. There aren't people out there trying to get pregnant so that they can just abort. Just like you can't claim someone is pro-life when they support the death penalty. It's pro-bodily-autonomy versus anti-bodily-autonomy.

You also don't hear them asking questions like "Is it ok to kill a 7 pound fetus" because it's a loaded question that actually has nothing to do with the differing stances. There are very few (if any) people who want abortion to be legal that late.
    funny how no one is for wars, but the liberal media seams to not have any problem calling many republicans pro war

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    He was asked his view on abortion. He answered them with a rephrasing of the question, it was a baited question by typical liberal reporters. Not saying anything wrong, but that's what happens with the extreme media bias in this country. He just gave them what they give in return.
    Interesting spin you put on it. It's not an answer when you deflect the question away to someone else.

I agree with Rand Paul on this. The Left has been stifling discussion through shaming tactics for too long, in my view.
    because "baby killer" is a great discussion piece to discus things, If you look at the state level bans of mid-late term abortion, those parts are hardly in a problem its the other 10000030203 garbage things they tac on, cutting of planned parenthood, redefining medical words, forced procedures, ect.

Rand paul: every child should be born
    Rand paul: Every child that dosent work is a moocher and should starve to death

Gotta love libertarians
    In fact if hes so against "takers" wouldnt he want more abortions so there is less filthy kids "taking" his money to survive?

That's just what Paul did here, and what countless right-wing media outlets have done to women having abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Meh, he knows he doesnt like it. I respect that he doesnt like it. . . . I just wish he would say he will protect a womans right to do it, no matter what he feelz. Thats what a real liberterian would do. "I hate that shit, but you can do it if you want.".

Say that ~ or GTFO Paul.
    "Man, I hate murder, but as a ~real~ libertarian I totally respect your right to do it if you want."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    funny how no one is for wars, but the liberal media seams to not have any problem calling many republicans pro war
    Wha? Are you trying to say republicans aren't for war?

They are constantly talking about enemies and threats of military force instead of potential allies and methods to solve our disagreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    "Man, I hate murder, but as a ~real~ libertarian I totally respect your right to do it if you want."
    Nice false equivalency.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Vyxn's name has SEVEN triangles in it.
    Vyxn's name has FOUR letters.
    SEVEN times FOUR is 28.
    2+8=10.
    0 is round.
    Eyes are round.
    10 is 1eye.
    Who has 1 eye?
    The illuminati.
    LilSaihah's name has 2 i's 2 l's and 2 h's.
    TWO x TWO x TWO = 8.
    8 turned on its side is ∞.
    ∞ looks like a Lil' nutsack.

Saihah has a Lil' nutsack.

Hahaha, I'm just kidding. <3

Somebody do my name next.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    How is asking someone their opinion on abortion, baiting? HE IS TRYING TO BE THE PRESIDENT. oh my gawd. I can't even with this thread right now.
    How is it not baiting? He's a conservative, that's father was a staunch Libertarian, his view on abortion isn't that hard to know. They just want him to say he's again abortion, so they can lambaste him for being not being pro-choice. Don't give them the sound bite they want and just phrase it that way, when they bring it up, he can simply be like, did you ask her? I'm not saying it isn't a tactic, but its the appropriate response...the media is just like trade chat in WoW. Don't feed the trolls.

actually...the media is basically owned by 6 companies anyway so its not too far from the truth

GE Owns Comcast NBC Universal
    News Corps own everything Fox
    Disney owns ABC ESPN
    Viacom owns MTV and all the music channels
    Time Warner owns CNN and anything affiliated
    and CBS owns themselves and a large amount of the news

now you can look at those probably cross out Viacom since they really don't do news (though they do have an influence you could see this one major company has a few somewhat liberal channels like MTV and a few conserative ones like CMT) but all are basically owned by comcast

Well it's not murder, do you need us to link you what qualifies as a murder? You are just appealing to emotion.
    Last time I checked murder's definition is ending the life of somebody by your own hand. I guess your more of an accessory to murder, as the doctor killed the baby. The whole abortion topic comes back to is when a life becomes a life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    If you don't want to be shamed don't be shameful.
    See what I'm talking about, folks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    take note republicans this is how you handle the press with their double standards of their narrative creating agenda driven gotcha questions
    don't let the liberal press create the narrative turn the tables on them expose their double standard on how they treat and question democrats compared to republicans
    The liberal media are going to do their damndest to set the narrative drive an agenda. they will once again try to resurrect the false meme of war on women war on minorities, war on the poor. don't fall for it republicans, turn the tables force the democrats to answer to their war on religion, their war on tax payers, their class warfare, their war on freedoms and liberties, and their war on future generations with their mounting debts.
    Republicans create your own narrative do not let the liberal press do it for you, because they aren't your friend they are not on your side they are on the opposite side they want to see you fail they will show you in the worse light possible if you allow them to set the narrative drive their agenda and best way to stop it and set your own is turn the tables on them

Kudos to Rand Paul for showing how it is done

PS. lets not morph this thread into an abortion debate it has been beat to death on this forum enough. im not here to change your mind on abortion and so don't try to do the same with me at least not in this thread. this thread is an example how republicans need to handle the liberal media
    It's new and refreshing to you when a politician redirects a question so he doesn't have to answer it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Meh, he knows he doesnt like it. I respect that he doesnt like it. . . . I just wish he would say he will protect a womans right to do it, no matter what he feelz. Thats what a real liberterian would do. "I hate that shit, but you can do it if you want."
    That's because he's just another bigoted conservative parading around like a libertarian. You find a lot of them in that party, just like the Tea Partiers.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

What's the Gotcha Question again?

"what's your view on abortion?"

"I'm pro-life"

GOTCHA !!! HAHAAHHA

Okay, so when Fox News asks anyone anything i can just say conservative baiting?
    Where do we get news from if everything is baiting because of a bias?

- - - Updated - - -

A zygote certainly isn't protected under murder laws, and considering 98% of abortions happen around that stage, I'd say your argument is invalid at best.
    Last I checked when we are talking about a fully formed baby in the uterus, we are past the Zygote stage....Considering most abortion happen at the 6 week stage and by then, the baby is about the size on a lentil and already has a beating heart. Considering at 4 weeks its already out of the Zygote stage would make your statement 100% inaccurate.