Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The Alliance is so old-school fantasy. Kingdoms of magic and tree hugging elves and dwarves in a mountain. That could be any fantasy novel from before 1990. To make the Alliance interesting to modern audiences would take a complete rewrite.
    Complete nonsense. Wow kids aren't reading pre-1990 fantasy novels, wow lore is perfect for them because it uses a tried and true formula. They will think Blizzard innovated the kingdoms of magic and dwarves in a mountain. Maybe we aren't on the same page as to what constitutes a modern audience. When I hear "modern audience" I think kids born after the internet.
    One Sweet Dream

I still have to point out... for all the Troll content, raids and dungeons we've had... it says a LOT more to me that we are HATING on Orcs way more than Trolls.

Honestly? I'd have preferred a troll-based expansion than another Orc one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    One story is unique to Warcraft. The other is a staple of high fantasy. Which do you think the writers would favor?
    And then what about the other races of the Alliance?

The Draenei who traversed across planets because they were hunted (and still hunted) by the Legion? They could also develop the Worgen lore a little bit more. Alliance stories are as unique as the Horde ones.

They could write amazing stories for almost every race in the game (including the classic fantasy races - humans, dwarves, elves etc.). However they prefer not to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyres View Post
    Honestly its gotten to the point its clear the devs just do not care about good story telling or what people want. They are Orc Horde diehards and the people writing the story up to the people calling the shots are so blinded by their favortisim they don't do anything to stop it. In their heads its World Of Hordecraft and even then its more of the Orcs adventure than anyone else. Story telling once was something good in this game but since Wrath its been taking sharp down turn in quality focusing on the Horde and more specificly the Orcs over anyone else. When Stormwind got damaged it took them at least a year to fix the front gates. Meanwhile Orgrimar gets seiged by rebel and the Alliance armies in 6.4 but shows no damage what so ever. The horde gets away scott free no matter what they do while if the Alliance do something badass they get talked down or for shamed like with the dalaran incident in MOP.
    I can hear the crying already. "Stormwind isn't fixed yet but you update orgrimmar?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!"

I agree with your points OP except for one. I don't think it's so much Horde as it is ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS.... and more ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS ORCS.

I am very fed up with Orcs. So many other races that could use some love and story telling. But nooooooo.....ORCS ORCS ORCS. I'm sick of Orcs. /sigh
    Karma always has the last laugh.

With all this Orc hatred, it reminded me of what I wrote a while ago when they first announced WoD.

That I was far more interested in the Ogres and Arakkoa than the Iron Horde. Honestly I still am... I'm kinda miffed we're most likely not even going to be getting an Arakkoa raid as that had SO much potential story with both the Adherents and the legend of the Apexis and whatever that being of power is that was lurking below Spires of Arrak.

I look at Skyreach and think of how beautiful some more Arakkoa dungeons or even a raid could be. But, no... it's more steampunk orc spikes n' crap...

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde: Why can't we have anything nice ?

Alliance: Like Theramore ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Horde focus? Really?

Vanilla was not about the horde.
    BC was not about the horde.
    WotLK was Ally.
    Cata was not about the horde.
    MoP was mostly horde but the ally got to Invade the horde capital.
    WoD is about orcs not the horde.

Horde is the favourite? How?

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely want them to advance the Alliance side of things more. There's so much potential to grow along Night Elf, Draenei, and Worgen lines. Even the classic Alliance races have room to become more interesting - the dwarves are probably my favorite Alliance race, and I'd love to see more of the Three Hammers union bringing change to the dwarf kingdoms. Plus that would mean more awesome dwarf war-tech.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This idea that Metzen wants everything to be about Orcs because he voices an Orc. It's stupid.
    Metzen hasnt been in charge of story since Wotlk I dont understand why people rip on him, id be happy to have him back.

I guess I will just never agree with the people saying the game is more Horde focused. Just because the Alliance is more cliche by default does not mean there is some kind of bias against them. Humans and Orcs get too much focus but that is an issue for both sides. And I would rather go back to all Orcs than have a Troll as my leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Horde focus? Really?

Vanilla was not about the horde.
    BC was not about the horde
    WotLK was Ally.
    Cata was not about the horde.
    MoP was mostly horde but the ally got to Invade the horde capital.
    WoD is about orcs not the horde.

Horde is the favourite? How?
    Even Mr. Fantastic would be impressed by the size of this stretch.

Here's my take:

Vanilla was balanced IMO
    BC was focused on the homeworld of the Orcs - mostly on not just on demons, but Belfs and Brown Orcs (decidedly horde)
    Wrath was ally!? How? You have a whole faction who was dedicated to the Lich King's demise! >_<
    Cata was Thrall-Jeesus, Garrosh WTFowning half the world and Vol'Jin vs the Zandalari
    MoP.... Alliance didn't "invade" your capital - we helped you get it back.
    WoD is about horde... Thrall's roots man, and the foundation of the original horde. The whole story is dripping with it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Metzen hasnt been in charge of story since Wotlk I dont understand why people rip on him, id be happy to have him back.
    Sitation needed

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we have two smoking craters!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Even Mr. Fantastic would be impressed by the size of this stretch.

Here's my take:

Vanilla was balanced IMO
    BC was focused on the homeworld of the Orcs - mostly on not just on demons, but Belfs and Brown Orcs (decidedly horde)
    Wrath was ally!? How? You have a whole faction who was dedicated to the Lich King's demise! >_<
    Cata was Thrall-Jeesus, Garrosh WTFowning half the world and Vol'Jin vs the Zandalari
    MoP.... Alliance didn't "invade" your capital - we helped you get it back.
    WoD is about horde... Thrall's roots man, and the foundation of the original horde. The whole story is dripping with it...

- - - Updated - - -

Sitation needed
    Gonna have to say thats a streatch as well mate.

Here's my take on it:

Vanilla, I agree was balanced.
    BC was also balanced.
    Wrath was definitely more alliance focused.
    Cata the only reason why it is seen to be more horde is because of Thrall but think it was balanced as well.
    MoP balanced defiantly. Most raiding was all on Pandaria and the final raid was invading Org, the hordes capital and killing its leader.
    WoD is more horde back story. We already have so much of the alliance. WoW is set on the alliance home world.

Metzen was a shitty writer allways. What the did good is steal the best parts from other universes and mix them together. The problem is he ran out of source materials and have no idea what to do now.

I just can't understand why didn't they fired him after his Thrall madness all over Cataclysm. Thrall as an alliance hero... i still can't stop laughing.

Horde focus? You know, it occurred to me just a few hours ago that seeing a green skinned orc felt weird since I so rarely run into the actual horde anymore. Personally I don't consider the Iron horde to be a "Horde focus" but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    His title is: Senior Vice President of Story and Franchise Development
    Yeah, sure, not in charge and nothing to do with the story....

Yes, Orcs bore me to death. So much interesting stuff in the lore and a bunch of other cool races in the game and it's so meaningless.

Yeah, the problem is, orcs they show us in WoD are anything but orcs. Any orc is living for honor, while there is absolutely zero honor acts among ranks of iron lolhorde members. To me, it looks like samuel lolwise was writing a story for WoD.

Also. I am Alliance member, and I could care less about Dobbies. We surely don't need any more focus on elves, they got a fuckton of it already. We need more dwarf, gnome and draenei focus. Gnomes should get Gnomeregan back and have their capital city finally. Dwarves are just cool, as they are in absolutely any fantasy setting, so I would like to have more stories told about them. And Draenei... the best race in game period. Awesome story, awesome looks, awesome everything. But dobbies... no, just no, enough already, we are being fed their crap since WC (2? 3? can't remember).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Alliance gets a great story, they get to canonically win the war, they get to actually kill their sworn enemies (unlike us horde players who are forced to kill evil offshoots of ourselves), and are handed moments of awesome after moments of awesome (including invading our capitals)

but nope, instead of saying thank you like you should, its far easier to bitch and moan. Do you have any idea how badly most horde players wanna switch places with you? were every expansion we get to fight and kill humans and elves, and dwarves, where every 5 minutes another one of your heroes goes evil, forms their own subfaction and we get to kill them, how badly we'd wish to actually canonically invade one of your capitals?

Alliance in a nutshell:

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)