[Disc] Trinkets!

Hi,

Sorry for another one of these trinkets threads.. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what trinkets I should use. I'm currently progressing through Mythic BrF. I am a bit conservative for my mana use. I end fights with about 10-20% mana, I do not mana pot during fights. Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ron/ari/simple - I run int neck, int ring (with a spirit/multistrike ring to switch out for more mana heavy fights), and spirit cloak. I don't have an int cloak that I can swap out. I use spirit wep enchant.

List of trinkets:

- 706 Blast Furnace trinket (Spirit/Multistrike)
    - 706 Goren (Int/Crit)
    - 700 w/ Socket Chew Toy (Int/Spirit)
    - 685 w/ Socket Crucible (Int/Multi)
    - 665 Candle

I feel like if I used both furnace and chew toy I'd be drowning in mana. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by tinef; 2015-04-09 at 05:33 PM.

you need to do more healing if you arent using a mana pot and ending fights with a chunk of mana like that.

to answer your question, shielding talisman and chewtoy. spend more mana, do more healing, use a mana pot, end the fight oom.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of numbers do you pull on Kromog heroic with your heal style?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1713

Logs for heroic kromog before I transferred. I play more aggressively in heroic. For mythic, I just feel like I hold back too much.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your healing is very large compared to the other healers which often indicates you are stealing their potential heals. I would suggest spot healing a bit more. There were a lot of deaths in that fight and you might have been able prevent some.

You can always remove spirit from other pieces if they are better itemized for your needs.

Then again what do I know, I have yet to loot a trinket this xpac.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Candle + chew toy is best combo for Mythic progress. Take Crubile instead of candle for shorter/less mana intensive fights, Talisman for more mana intensive fights.

Generally you want to be less mana conservative when you already aren´t using a mana pot and end fights with 10-20% mana. You are gimping yourself by doing that alot. Pre shield for damage and be more aggresive when needed.

On your armory you also have the mastery ench and not the spirit one like you said. Its better to run spirit and swich out for non spirit items if needed, but unless a boss is considered "farm" there is no need to.

I haven't done Mythic BH yet but I wouldn't use chewtoy+talisman on any fight except Blast Furnace. There's just never really any risk of going oom on other fights if you're only using empowered PoH's.

Last night I was playing around with the mastery enchant. The only spirit item I could switch out is trinkets/cloak, and I don't have a int cloak. I was trying hard to be more aggressive as well, and ended fights @ 0 mana. Thanks for all the input!

I also got a WF 706 Goren (int/crit) too. For non mana intensive fights, would Goren + Chew toy be best? Chewtoy+Talisman for mana intensive fights.

Saving Grace is amazing on Blackhand Normal (haven't tested it on Heroic but I suspect it isn't) because damage is very random with low raid damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paroo View Post
    Saving Grace is amazing on Blackhand Normal (haven't tested it on Heroic but I suspect it isn't) because damage is very random with low raid damage.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Random talent comment on a topic about trinket ftw?
    And it isn't even paroo's comment, I wrote that on another thread. Creepy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend on shorter non mana intensive fights:

706 Goren + 700 Chew toy

On longer mana intensive fights:

706 BF + 700 Chew toy

This is the general set up I've been running (but with heroic trinkets :P) and its been giving me pretty good results. I can't wait to get the int/multi BH trinket and give that one a try too. But a warning, if you run BF + Chew toy, you will be drowning in mana, so be prepared to be spamming as much as humanly possible.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Drop Solace, get Mindbender.
    Ofc Solace feels like more mana - but this is due to nerf to your througput - 12.5% of time you are not casting, but both getting and regening mana.

1 GCD per 10 seconds vs 1 GCD per 60 secs - you are wasting 12.5% of your time (before haste accounts) for not healing - this is huge nerf on mythics.
    Once you start using this time for casting - will increase the healing by around 2k hps - 4k hps depending on fight and will start using pots.
    Last edited by atilla; 2015-04-11 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    You are all not giving enough credit to Candle, just because its low ilvl? Its high int with decent mana on use, i take that over an unreliable stat proc on progress any day. Also why alot of top priests used it.

Deleted
    Candle does seem to be top choice for Discos raiding Mythic BRF. I am broke and it is still going for ridiculous amounts of gold on my server, so I will be making do with Chew Toy + BF trinket!

Deleted
    Yoy and goren are best imo. On fights where u dont need mana pool at all goren and candle is best.