Alchemy trinket vs hourglass

I'm in the situation of having candle + 640 trinket, and i was thinking about crafting one, so here is the doubts:
    1) is it worth crafting a 685 trinket or better wait for darmac one, even if i don't think i'll have it soon?
    2) hourglass or alchemy stone? i know versatility is bad, but it procs int, and mana pots would increase by 40% wich it seems nice to me, am i wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Chew Toy from Darmac, use it and Candle for great victory. Don't waste the gold or mats on the alchemy trink.

If you have plenty of gold and don't care about it, go with the crafted hourglass. Alchemy stone is nice, but its throughput on proc rather than regen and its generally better to have static throughput and proc regen so the proc value on a trinket is less wasted.

Personally, I'd wait. Its a really lacklustre trinket. Chewtoy is great though. Def wanna get your hands on that. :P

Hourglass, definitely. The spirit proc is worth more than the mana potion effect (WH 4/4 gives ~400 spirit on average, going by log uptimes), and since the alchemy trinket returns a fixed amount of mana, the hourglass pulls ahead by more the longer a fight lasts (i.e. the more you need that mana). The versatility isn't terrible, but it's the worst secondary stat for us (I think even leech is better, actually). The intellect proc is really nice if it happens to proc at just the right time, but statistically that won't happen very often.

If you don't want to invest quite that much gold for something you'll replace soon, you can cut the cost in half by settling for a 3/4 upgrade. That's still equivalent to BRF normal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Get Chew Toy from Darmac, use it and Candle for great victory. Don't waste the gold or mats on the alchemy trink.
    There's no guarantee that it'll ever drop, though. In Cataclysm I did 31 full Dragon Soul clears, and one of the damn healing trinkets didn't drop a single time (curse you, Windward Heart). If you have the gold to spare, it's better to get a trinket that you'll use for at least a while than to hang on to a crappy trinket that you may be stuck with well into the next tier. I used my upgraded Hourglass (3/3, back in 6.0) for about three months before replacing it. Trinkets hate me.

Something to consider if you have spare reroll seals is to change your loot spec to elemental and roll for intellect trinkets like the one from Oregorger. Unreliable, but decent trinkets and you still have a chance to get the same mail items and weapons.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thank you very much for your explanations.
    @Alltat, when i see that you answered to one of my topics, i know that i'm gonna read a complete and detailed response from someone who really know well our class. I just love you <3

I was working this out for my druid yesterday. If the fight is less than 3 minutes (which is never) then SoF > 685 Hourglass for regen. If it's longer then the Hourglass is better.

If you have spare gold, upgrade your hourglass for the meanwhile. Still a decent trinket.