Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    That's what happens when all the content is the game is a 'raid-or-die' loot treadmill.
    Isn't that what the game has always been? Just wondering when people refer to this only raiding "endgame" we have like as there ever been an option? I mean does it HAVE to be guns in CS can we just remake the concept because it's to used and worn out now days?

/Sarcasm off
    I'd really like some dailie hubs like the molten front and some achieves and stuff to farm for so i can have something to do when im not raiding. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    The experience of what? Restructuring my raid roster so I can kill the same bosses with more hp that do more damage and have one or two extra mechanics to them so I can say to myself "man you are so good at this game"?

I'm good thanks.
    My guild clears heroic twice in the first week in split raids with mains / alts to farm up gear, because there is no challenge there for us. There are guilds who do this on their mains + 5-6 alts per player. Heroic difficulty is not intended for us. But we want / enjoy challenge, especially clearing early with less gear than the overall raid community and even further when strats are still fairly new or in some cases non-existent and we actually have to put in some work.

Mythic does that for us, which is why we raid it. It's for the challenge / experience. The loot is simply a tool to get us through the content.

if your guild does progression on heroic, and you feel that the idea of continuing progressing in mythic is not compelling... then clearly it wasn't intended for you and by all means don't participate in it.

Each difficulty is intended for a specific audience, each difficulty is not meant to be a stepping stone to another... If you're happy clearing the difficulty intended for your type of guild, then don't stress yourself with anything else.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2015-04-13 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ^Still dunno why people think this, the raid structure is clearly not designed with that being the intention.

You CAN do the stepping stone thing with difficulties, but they are not designed to be stepping stones. They are 4 individually made difficulties targeted at specific audiences with the intention of their appropriate audience only clearing on that one difficulty and *maybe* dabbling in a higher one if the first few bosses are forgiving enough.

To be honest though... after playing mh4u I think wow not designing the difficulties to be stepping stones is part of the problem. A lot of people have it in their head that they are stepping stones, and when done right like in mh4u you can completely breathe new life into an encounter with very minor mechanics tweaks *but* pretty significant aesthetic differences that just make the entire experience feel like something new and exciting all over again even though the reality is you're just fighting a tighter tuned version of the same mob with maybe a couple more mechanics.
    Then they should share lockouts (well maybe not LFR due to how that works). Since they don't, the perception is that they are stepping stones since you can do all of them and the hardest one is considered to be the "real" difficulty, something everyone should aspire to do (even if they have no chance of actually doing it). Mythic raids are the carrot on the stick whether that was the intention or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    My guild clears heroic twice in the first week in split raids with mains / alts to farm up gear, because there is no challenge there for us. There are guilds who do this on their mains + 5-6 alts per player. Heroic difficulty is not intended for us. But we want / enjoy challenge, especially clearing early with less gear than the overall raid community and even further when strats are still fairly new or in some cases non-existent and we actually have to put in some work.

Mythic does that for us, which is why we raid it. It's for the challenge / experience. The loot is simply a tool to get us through the content.

if your guild does progression on heroic, and you feel that the idea of continuing progressing in mythic is not compelling... then clearly it wasn't intended for you and by all means don't participate in it.

Each difficulty is intended for a specific audience, each difficulty is not meant to be a stepping stone to another... If you're happy clearing the difficulty intended for your type of guild, then don't stress yourself with anything else.
    I don't think you got the point of his post. It's not that he doesn't want to experience Mythic, he doesn't want to do it at the expense of overhauling his guild and potentially killing it. For many guilds it's just not worth it. It is a very draining experience and we're not talking about the boss encounters. The difficulties in recruiting and maintaining a guild for Mythic are well known and there are dozens upon dozens of daily posts highlighting them.

I would love to experience Mythic myself, but it is not a realistic option for me and my guild unless I ditched my friends and transferred to the highest pop realm.
    Last edited by corebit; 2015-04-14 at 02:53 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Then they should share lockouts (well maybe not LFR due to how that works). Since they don't, the perception is that they are stepping stones since you can do all of them and the hardest one is considered to be the "real" difficulty, something everyone should aspire to do (even if they have no chance of actually doing it). Mythic raids are the carrot on the stick whether that was the intention or not.
    Hence what I said in that post you quoted...

It's not designed to be that way, but for some reason people misconstrue that to be the point despite blizzard always saying otherwise... and I'm starting to think that's actually a negative thing, and that they should really consider restructuring it to better facilitate that like how mh4u does with its difficulties managing to have a very smooth difficulty curve / pacing and breathing lots of new life into fights with the changes they make going up difficulties to the mobs.

Wow currently isn't set up for that... which is exactly why people burn themselves out because they set up expectations in their head that do not match the reality of what the game offers.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I don't think you got the point of his post.
    Nope, understood his post completely fine.

When you hop in and only see the last two posts of a conversation you may not understand the context.