Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have fixed it at 30K and reavaluate themselves from time to time. This way People who Play a lot would have been able to Play for free w/o a too big invest. People who Play less wouldnt have been able but those are anyways more likely to buy Gold then gametime.

And to the People who advertise Gold selling.

1. Gold selling often goes along with shady practices (hacking Accounts, botting, etc) - I wouldnt want to Support those.
    2. If you have a X Year old account and you want to run the risk of a permaban for some ingame Gold then I wouldnt call you exactly clever. And I guess everyone with half a brain understands that Blizz will make some examples on Gold buyers soon...now that they have an actual intrest in preventing it and offer People a second mean to obtain Gold outside farming...

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    WoW Tokens for gold. Nice concept, everyone helps eachother out.

Sounds like Win-Win for the players, except that it is not the full picture.. (Sorry for the shitty MSPaint)

And... what's your point?

I'll bite. Every investment into wow = Money in Blizzard Activision's pockets.

What's Blizz's alternative? Allow 3rd party websites to offer gold for money breaking the EULA? Of course not, this is a smart move by Blizz that positively offers gold for money whilst trading a commodity (game time) in the process. It's a fine move, and a choice many players welcome; the rest can leave it.

Sounds like Win-Win for the players, except that it is not the full picture.. (Sorry for the shitty MSPaint)
    Blizzard get money out of this?! Holy crap, how did you figure that one out?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Not a single person should be surprised that Blizzard gains something from this too. You pay 5$ extra for the option of gaining gold instead of using for a months playtime. And running the service itself isn't exactly free either.

Seriously, did anyone think the tokens would cost like a months subscription and nothing more?

I always wonderd what is it exactly that makes people sad seeing blizzard earning money. They didn't really put a gun to anyone's head and forced him to use the tokens..
    it's a really big win for the WoW community, Cutting gold-sellers income would make the game better over the long run, fewer botters, fewer account hacking etc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    I always wonderd what is it exactly that makes people sad seeing blizzard earning money. They didn't really put a gun to anyone's head and forced him to use the tokens..
    it's a really big win for the WoW community, Cutting gold-sellers income would make the game better over the long run, fewer botters, fewer account hacking etc..
    I seems that some people think, that Blizz is the Red Cross or something. YES they want to earn money with their product. YES they use every possibility to get money out of their product. Why shouldn't they do it? They aren't hurting the game with their "extra money". Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Just sad to see a game turn into this. Exactly the same we saw with D3 when everything was turned into real life value rather than fun and ingame value. And it will get worse and worse. Blizzard will milk this and add more and more stuff that costs ingame gold to create more incentive for players to buy for real money.
    this is very much different than the real money auction in D3 because in D3 RMAH you could retrieve said real money from the game. this is a very one direction system. If you really want to drone about how it makes it like D3 where in game gold has a real money value, it always has, just through 3rd party sites.

Additionally, we have no reason to believe blizzard is generating gold to inject into the game as you speculate and suggest. That would be against their interest any ways of trying to control inflation a bit with all-ready existing gold sinks. This will move some gold into the active economy how ever, rather than just sitting in peoples inventories.

Further, blizzard is actually late to the game on this type of system. Pretty much every other game that still has a sub, and even many F2P MMOs have similar systems that allow people to purchase all ready existing game services (think Sub fees, Premium content, character transfers, store mounts/skins, etc),but sell them to others for in game currency. It increases sales of these things for the developer as people who before wanted those things, but did not want to purchase them with real money, can now effectively use in game currency instead, and those who want gold can purchase the service and sell it to another player legitimately. it works out well for every one, and does not inject any additional currency into the game, nor does it allow for extraction of real money for said in game currency. In game currency can just effectively be used to purchase game related services, which are still purchased by some one (since in game currency has no real value to the developer)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Not bothering with selling tokens. 20K aint worth $20 IMHO.
    If you prepared months ago for this you could have 2 years + free of wow time. I am going to amass enough coins so me and my friends can play until WoW is done only having to buy expansions. Hell 4 garrisons producing savage blood is a fuckton of money even now.

Not sure I like Blizzard changing the update time on the token. Pick one and stick with it. It almost feels like Blizzard did everything they could to make sure the token didn't drop to 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    I guess everyone with half a brain understands that Blizz will make some examples on Gold buyers soon...now that they have an actual intrest in preventing it and offer People a second mean to obtain Gold outside farming...
    I don't get why people keep saying this. Look, go to any gold buying site you want to. They will ask you what character they need to mail the gold to. Blizzard will not ban gold buyers because they can't prove that you're a gold buyer. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I don't even look at where any of my mail comes from anymore. I tell my addon to open everything and delete anything it opened. I imagine most people do this. Just because you've suddenly opened up 300k worth of gold though may just mean you're being framed.

Say I was in a race for realm first with another guild. I know who their two primary tanks are, I know without those two around, their progress is crippled. What's to stop me from going to a site, buying some gold and asking the site to send them to those tanks? Suddenly Blizzard declares them guilty and gives them a two week ban, stopping their dreams of getting realm first.

Gold buyers will never be punished. It's just not going to happen.
    Last edited by thatguy181; 2015-04-09 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Feels like there hasn't been any actual news in a bit now.
    There is no content, and there won't be for a very long time. See they decided that having 15 months of no content at the end of an expansion is very very bad. So now they're putting a 15 month gap in the middle of the expansion. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Not sure I like Blizzard changing the update time on the token. Pick one and stick with it. It almost feels like Blizzard did everything they could to make sure the token didn't drop to 20k.

I don't get why people keep saying this. Look, go to any gold buying site you want to. They will ask you what character they need to mail the gold to. Blizzard will not ban gold buyers because they can't prove that you're a gold buyer. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but I don't even look at where any of my mail comes from anymore. I tell my addon to open everything and delete anything it opened. I imagine most people do this. Just because you've suddenly opened up 300k worth of gold though may just mean you're being framed.

Say I was in a race for realm first with another guild. I know who their two primary tanks are, I know without those two around, their progress is crippled. What's to stop me from going to a site, buying some gold and asking the site to send them to those tanks? Suddenly Blizzard declares them guilty and gives them a two week ban, stopping their dreams of getting realm first.

I'm going to admit, I once bought gold from a 3rd party seller, and got caught with a warning.
    I learned my lesson and I haven't repeated that, but they DID see it, although the seller tried to be careful (I wouldn't say how due to obvious reasons)
    so yea they are definitely catching those players, and I'm sure they will punish them accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    There is no content, and there won't be for a very long time. See they decided that having 15 months of no content at the end of an expansion is very very bad. So now they're putting a 15 month gap in the middle of the expansion. Problem solved.
    Whaha, genious. I guess they'll just spread the content over a bigger period. Like 1 or 2 months extra per patch. Problem solved

Deleted
    Why do you have to post such hyperbole?

Do you really think it helps you get your point across?

I mean you think there has been 15 months without content?

Even if you don't include 6.1 (which btw had PLENTY OF CONTENT, just because its not content YOU want it is still content) it has been about 4 1/2 months.

Loads and loads of people moaned and complained during 14 months of SoO that they released the initial patches to quickly so the solution is to even it out, anyway hey ho bitch and hyperbole as much as you want it really makes you look very clever.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been plenty of people banned/warned for buying gold.

I would never ever put my account at risk, even if it is only 1% just for 20% more gold.

(Not that I have ever bought gold or intend to buy or sell tokens).

- - - Updated - - -

Why would changing the frequency of the updates make the price go up?

It should just smooth out the ups and downs, supply and demand dictates the price.

The expansion will be over in early 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

Even if you don't include 6.1 (which btw had PLENTY OF CONTENT, just because its not content YOU want it is still content) it has been about 4 1/2 months.

Loads and loads of people moaned and complained during 14 months of SoO that they released the initial patches to quickly so the solution is to even it out, anyway hey ho bitch and hyperbole as much as you want it really makes you look very clever.
    - - - Updated - - -

HAHAHA I haven't been on this site in years, and had to log in to reply to this. What an ignorant thing to say. This game has had NO CONTENT in AGES.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post

Sorry there, champ. 6.1 didn't have content. The patch wasn't even named. Where did I say there has been 15 months of no content? You need some reading comprehension. There WILL be 15 months. Only this time it won't be at the end of the expansion. Hope you like graphs on mmochampion!

the garrisons q&a frighten me..

blizz we need not more of this anti content shit!

we need real content!

..and flying..!

I'm expecting the prices to go up now, people who "needed" the money have it now so they won't be buying any more tokens. The question is where the price will end up.

win win? the only winner is blizz..

you all talked over this stupid feature and forgot the real wod problems!

with this crap blizz hypnotized the masses.. sad gratz..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beahmscream View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

HAHAHA I haven't been on this site in years, and had to log in to reply to this. What an ignorant thing to say. This game has had NO CONTENT in AGES.
    Huh?

So are you saying the xpac was not content as well?

I can live with 6.1 had no content you wanted for sure (it did not have much I enjoyed but it made me do 5 mans again and I really like the harrison jones quests and the way interacted with the apexis zones)

But yeah sure I am ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry there, champ. 6.1 didn't have content. The patch wasn't even named. Where did I say there has been 15 months of no content? You need some reading comprehension. There WILL be 15 months. Only this time it won't be at the end of the expansion. Hope you like graphs on mmochampion!
    So your saying that between 6.0 (even excluding 6.1) and 6.2 will be 15 months? So in effect you think 6.2 will be Feb 2016.

OK, will bookmark this and come back to you when we actually know.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-04-09 at 05:59 PM.