Macro to turn new models on / off?

Is it possible to make a macro to quickly turn off and on new character models without going in options? Thanks.

Deleted
    /run SetCVar("hdPlayerModels",1-GetCVar("hdPlayerModels"))
    Should toggle the HD models on and off.

It works GREAT wow THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS A LOT

What!? You can turn on the old models? 0.o Didnt even know

Quote Originally Posted by bagera66 View Post
    What!? You can turn on the old models? 0.o Didnt even know
    Potential performance benefits, aesthetics in perferring the old models etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just uncheck the box in system

Quote Originally Posted by keira99 View Post
    Just uncheck the box in system
    They want a quicker solution to that, perhaps for some of the reasons I stated.
    Screenshots etc may look subjectively better with the new models, particularly with the selfie camera but perhaps they prefer the old for normal use.
    Going into the options may work for a one-way toggle or an infrequent change but not if it is done regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Is there a same way to toggle music on and off? I hadn't considered you could change settings like this with a macro.

Deleted
    For music you can bind a key under miscellaneous in the key bindings menu. Default binding I think is CTRL-M.

If you don't want to use that, you can find the function that gets called for the keybind in the Bindings.xml. In this case: Sound_ToggleMusic(); And that just happens to be a function you could run in a macro as well. Like so: /run Sound_ToggleMusic();

You could also do the thing from post #2 and just switch out "hdPlayerModels" for "Sound_EnableMusic". You should be able to do the same for any CVar that is either 1 or 0. For other CVar settings you need to modify the macro a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanna View Post
    For music you can bind a key under miscellaneous in the key bindings menu. Default binding I think is CTRL-M.

If you don't want to use that, you can find the function that gets called for the keybind in the Bindings.xml. In this case: Sound_ToggleMusic(); And that just happens to be a function you could run in a macro as well. Like so: /run Sound_ToggleMusic();

You could also do the thing from post #2 and just switch out "hdPlayerModels" for "Sound_EnableMusic". You should be able to do the same for any CVar that is either 1 or 0. For other CVar settings you need to modify the macro a bit more.
    Useful! thanks!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    wooow i didnt even know you could turn the new model off that easy thanks for info