Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Looking for a chair

Anyone got any recommendations? Looking at these atm, prefer price range to be 50-100 US currency, plan on sitting in it for long periods of time at my computer. Oh yea looking for it to be comfortable, also i live in US Indiana

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Leather-Mi...-Black/6560497
    http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turco...3#revs_content
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-10 at 03:11 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    the staples one dude it got squishy arm rests

i had the one from staples, after a while the "leather" starts to flake off

10+ Year Old Account
    just go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army and find a nice comfy recliner.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    just go to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army and find a nice comfy recliner.
    Problem with a recliner is that they're hard to clean arent they? Dont they also start to smell funny?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    Ah, was it comfy when you had it?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I own the following two from IKEA, they've been with me for the past year and has served me quite comfortably.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196806/
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...81/#/S19122450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ToastedBread View Post
    I own the following two from IKEA, they've been with me for the past year and has served me quite comfortably.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196806/
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...81/#/S19122450
    Looked at that and dont like how i cant see any reviews also dont see a way to buy it without it being sent to a store and having to go pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Sry if i sounded picky XD

Yeah, problem with IKEA is they don't have a review feature on their web catalogue. Here's a couple of user reviews that you can reference:

http://shop4joy.blogspot.sg/2012/05/...ir-review.html
    http://theikeablog.com/2007/11/29/re...-swivel-chair/

Picky's the way to go when shopping for a comfortable chair! It's always gonna' be a subjective experience.

That's happened to every "leather" chair I've ever owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's happened to every "leather" chair I've ever owned.
    Is that why people go with mesh chairs?

$50-100 and long periods of sitting do not really jive. I'd highly recommend saving up $200 at least and buy a proper office chair.

Alternatively, check out a used office supply store and try to find a gently used one for cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    $50-100 and long periods of sitting do not really jive. I'd highly recommend saving up $200 at least or so and buy a proper office chair.

Alternatively, check out a used office supply store and try to find a gently used one for cheap.
    Well theres this one regularly priced at 160 but marked down to 99
    http://www.staples.com/Staples-Osgoo...product_923523

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks nice. I wonder if it leans back
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    That looks nice. I wonder if it leans back
    Yea looking at the reviews, might get the osgood one tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Bah watched a review and seems good but wears out after a year or 2 of 8+ hours of usage, that osgood one back to looking

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Broyhill-B...Chair/20864832

This is the chair I use. From walyworld.

I rather like it, very comfy, had it for about 2 years and no issues. very sturdy
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Broyhill-B...Chair/20864832

This is the chair I use. From walyworld.

I rather like it, very comfy, had it for about 2 years and no issues. very sturdy
    Alittle out of my price range XD

I had one like the Staples one that did this. But first it cracked to all hell and it would cut into my back if I didn't have a top on.

I've been using a cheap chair with a mesh back. The backs been fine, but the 'rubber' arms split in half and I cut my elbows up if I don't have a towel on them. Though the towel has dried out my elbows. -_- It's not much of a surprise that I don't spend much time at the computer anymore lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really liking amazon atm $24 in shipping is just so rofl

Like I said, you're not going to find a new chair that is decent for $50-100. You're better off saving up another $100 and then looking.

Even then, $200 for a chair you plan on using for "long periods" of time is pretty low. There's a reason office chairs that are meant for 8+ hours of use a day like the Herman Miller Aeron (the chair I use at work) cost $500+ (which is actually really low, that chair was $1000+ new when it was released).

It's like a bed, people only spend a couple hundred dollars on a bed and then wonder why their back hurts every morning. You spend 1/3 of your life in your bed, spend the money. Of course, you don't spend quite as long in your desk chair (I hope), but the concept still applies.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2015-04-10 at 02:55 PM.

I would NOT buy the one from Walmart. The back seems to be attached only by the handles to the rest of the chair. I had a similar one for about 2 months before it broke after about 6-7 hours/day(80kgs so not alot of force). The stapling method that they use to attach the handles makes it less able to handle any type of force :/.. I would recommend trying to get a higher budget before buying a chair. Look around the $500+ market and the quality will skyrocket That's my take on chairs anyways