Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Read more into the staples one and seems like theres not alot of padding which is fixable right?
    ya you cant really fix those, it was ok while it lasted which was about 2 years for me, the leather flaked off the arm rest and started to kinda cut into my arms and it flattened out, the headrest was pretty soft but i bought a mesh one and i it works better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    ya you cant really fix those, it was ok while it lasted which was about 2 years for me, the leather flaked off the arm rest and started to kinda cut into my arms and it flattened out, the headrest was pretty soft but i bought a mesh one and i it works better for me.
    Ah kk, probably look again later spent 7 hrs today looking at chairs rofl

- - - Updated - - -

Just found this one, not so sure about ebay though dont some items never get delivered?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261638108496

- - - Updated - - -

How's this one look?
    http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Furnitur..._cd_ql_qh_dp_t
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

it has been my experience that those types of chairs you listed have a plain jane piece of foam that isnt really flexible

you will have issues sitting in it for hours on end.

I would honestly suggest to save up a few more bucks, even 30-50$ more and you will be sitting pretty[pun]

2 hours will prob be fine, any more you will start to notice the discomfort mainly when ur buttcheeks go numb cause not adequate cushioning.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    it has been my experience that those types of chairs you listed have a plain jane piece of foam that isnt really flexible

you will have issues sitting in it for hours on end.

I would honestly suggest to save up a few more bucks, even 30-50$ more and you will be sitting pretty[pun]

2 hours will prob be fine, any more you will start to notice the discomfort mainly when ur buttcheeks go numb cause not adequate cushioning.
    Ah, was thinking i'd probably just get a seat cushion too, using a wooden chair atm kind you'd use for dinner table
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

You get what you pay for, with chairs. Go cheap, and you get a cheap chair that will probably not last you long or be comfortable.

I have this chair from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70261145/

its very comfortable, durable, has great back support, and can be locked in several positions from straight-backed to reclining.

Ive had it since they started carrying them at the store near me (at least 6 years, maybe longer) and its still in good shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You get what you pay for, with chairs. Go cheap, and you get a cheap chair that will probably not last you long or be comfortable.

I have this chair from Ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70261145/

its very comfortable, durable, has great back support, and can be locked in several positions from straight-backed to reclining.

Ive had it since they started carrying them at the store near me (at least 6 years, maybe longer) and its still in good shape.
    Several?! Who on earth would use all 7?

Deleted
    plans to sit in chair for hours on end, uses 50-100$.... /sigh /facepalm.. Sayonara back, hello back problems.

Save more, spend more, enjoy more+longer.

I use this for work and at home

http://www.posturite.co.uk/rh-logic-...ice-chair.html

A few years ago i ditched my old chair bought the passenger seat from a truck, raised it up and mounted it on some wood, best chair ever
    Make sure you have enough stability though you need weight in the front of the mounting wood and some length to it behind the chair so you can recline with out tipping over.
    Though I'm working on adding arm rests and a swivel I don't have a final design for that part yet

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already made up my mind on my chair going to get this one, but if anyone else is looking for a chair feel free to hijack the thread XD
    http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turco...3#revs_content

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Like I said, you're not going to find a new chair that is decent for $50-100. You're better off saving up another $100 and then looking.

Even then, $200 for a chair you plan on using for "long periods" of time is pretty low. There's a reason office chairs that are meant for 8+ hours of use a day like the Herman Miller Aeron (the chair I use at work) cost $500+ (which is actually really low, that chair was $1000+ new when it was released).

It's like a bed, people only spend a couple hundred dollars on a bed and then wonder why their back hurts every morning. You spend 1/3 of your life in your bed, spend the money. Of course, you don't spend quite as long in your desk chair (I hope), but the concept still applies.
    I really cannot agree more with this.

I have worked as a software engineer for the last 17 years. Like most of you I am also an avid gamer. I typically spend anywhere from 10-16 hours a day, 6+ days a week in a chair in front of a computer. Like many of you I also am a cheap guy who didn't want to invest in a quality chair (or bed for that matter)! I ended up paying heavily for this lack of investment in what eventually developed into chronic back pain. Several years ago I broke down and invested in a HM Aeron chair. This alone reversed my back pain issues. Also unlike the 100-200$ cheap office chairs I had used before, the Aeron has almost zero wear and tear despite heavy use for the past three years. I don't anticipate having to replace it in the foreseeable future. I bought my Aeron new so yes it was about a 1000$ investment. However, I have seen used ones and sales for as low as 500$. Seriously consider a similar investment. The Aeron should be the last office chair you ever need to buy and your body will thank you every single day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    A few years ago i ditched my old chair bought the passenger seat from a truck, raised it up and mounted it on some wood, best chair ever
    Make sure you have enough stability though you need weight in the front of the mounting wood and some length to it behind the chair so you can recline with out tipping over.
    Though I'm working on adding arm rests and a swivel I don't have a final design for that part yet
    Shitty seat for your back though

- - - Updated - - -

I've already made up my mind on my chair going to get this one, but if anyone else is looking for a chair feel free to hijack the thread XD
    http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turco...3#revs_content
    A really bad chair for multiple reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Shitty seat for your back though

- - - Updated - - -

A really bad chair for multiple reasons.
    How so? Seems like its the better of the bunch not many bad reviews

Deleted
    How so? Seems like its the better of the bunch not many bad reviews
    unadjustable Flat seat
    back + seat are locked together
    Unadjustable armrests (no arm rests would be better)
    Crappy material

But spending that kind of money, that´s what you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    unadjustable Flat seat
    back + seat are locked together
    Unadjustable armrests (no arm rests would be better)
    Crappy material

But spending that kind of money, that´s what you get.
    About the only one i agree with is the crappy material the rest is just nit-picky XD flat seat dont really care can buy a cushion
    back + seat are locked together - still dont see why its bad
    armrests can just leave them off

Deleted
    About the only one i agree with is the crappy material the rest is just nit-picky XD flat seat dont really care can buy a cushion
    back + seat are locked together - still dont see why its bad
    armrests can just leave them off
    The flat seat is not nitpicky, it´s from an ergonomic perspective very bad for your back

Seat and back should be individually adjustable for maximum comfort, but being locked together is still better than only being "not locked"

10+ Year Old Account
    The flat seat is not nitpicky, it´s from an ergonomic perspective very bad for your back

Seat and back should be individually adjustable for maximum comfort, but being locked together is still better than only being "not locked"
    Ah kk guess i'll just hold onto my money then

Look up Alera Ravino Chairs. Extremely well-made, heavy chair. I've had his chair for over 5 years now, with no signs of discomfort or wear. Very firm (not smooshy, were the back and seat bottom out). They also have a big and tall version.

This is a $500+ chair that you can easily find in the $200 range on discount sites.

Would buy this chair again in a heartbeat. Check out the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Alera-Ravino-S.../dp/B001PMJZGW

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Vizslakane; 2015-04-16 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Ah kk guess i'll just hold onto my money then
    I would definently advise you to save up for a quality chair, your back will be greatfull. It will also last much longer and give you much more enjoyment.