Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tons of 1-stack auctions

Do people really think they're going to sell much by posting hundreds single-stacks of Draenic Dust?

All it seems to do is clog up AH addons with lag as they scan through 30 pages of 1-stack auctions.

I've heard quite a few people over the years say they do this for no other reason but to bother the people it bothers. Logging on every 2 days to make sure to post 1000s of single post auctions, for months at a time, selling nothing because they wont even uc while single posting. While people can play the game however... fucking stupid they want, it's really only an occasional bother for more casual players. Even then you just reverse search to skip the single stacks anyway without add ons to find a good deal.
    I mean it looks like you are using an add on anyway, why does it bug you? It's all nice and neat, condensed and easy to buy. Those people posting like that are losing time and money, giving you opportunity to make more money and spend less time. Profit from the stupid.

i think people just to this to bother other people and make the scan of the auction take forever

The AH really needs an Ignore Seller function.

It's mostly a side effect of things stacking to 200 now and being able to easily do it with the blizzard ui. There's probably also some perception that they're getting buyers using the default ui [obviously I don't bother with single stacks when using Auctionator's buy tab which is highly recommended]. With the default ui they're either forced to buy or scroll through 40 pages, or they could do a price descending sort of thing and have to scroll through the most expensive auctions that way. So they end up buying single.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-04-11 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing. Singles sell, that's why they get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Here's the thing. Singles sell, that's why they get posted.
    To who? Ill pay more to NOT have to be bothered buying singles. I dont reward douchenugget behaviour

If they do sell, I doubt they sell in big quantities.

Go to mailbox... wait for all of those auctions to filter to your bags... reload UI because your mailbox was full...

Those people are so annoying. At least stack it to 10 or 20

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    To who? Ill pay more to NOT have to be bothered buying singles. I dont reward douchenugget behaviour
    2 stacks of 5 bloods didn't sell, but 10 bloods sold immediately.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has ever gone and bought out every one of these one stack auctions completely just to mess with them back?

I'm sure occasionally people will buy 2 or 3 one stacks just because they only need 3 dust and the next smallest stack is 20. But I really doubt many have ever bought all the one stacks even if it did turn out cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    That's a very different case. 10 individual bloods may be flooding the market a bit (depending on your economy) but it is nowhere near the level of stupid that is 100 stacks of singles.

Single stacks are bought up by those, who dont have an AH addon and just need those 20 dust for something or whatever it is. Back in MoP I could sell things at single stacks at higher cost than the general price, due to my stacks going up first (Bet alot of others have done the same imo.) But problem is now, that with the stacking up to 200, you can accumulate alot more resources than before, and the accessability of the resources. Ore, Dust, Hides, Fur and so on aint a problem to farm up anymore.

Joke is on them really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask acutionner addons to buy 200 cheapest single stack and ask postal addon to open your 200 mail.

If
    guys #1 want to sell 1000 single stack.
    guys #2 want to sell 10 x 200 stack.
    guys #3 want to buy 141 items.
    guys #1 sold 141 items.
    guys #2 sold nothing.
    Last edited by reemi; 2015-04-11 at 10:42 AM.

Download a better auction addon than Auctionator or whatever that is and you'll get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Ask acutionner addons to buy 200 cheapest single stack and ask postal addon to open your 200 mail.
    this yea XD

and personally i make my stacks mostly with how many people usualy need but yea stacks of 1 for dust is just to bother people

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    A shitty argument due to various reasons. First, you have no certainty that it was the same buyer for both bloods. It could've been two different people buying different auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Do people really think they're going to sell much by posting hundreds single-stacks of Draenic Dust?

All it seems to do is clog up AH addons with lag as they scan through 30 pages of 1-stack auctions.
    I am able to sell around 4000 auctions (1 by 1) in 2 days tops on my not so active server. i don't do this often as there are better gold uses for resources and resources are finite.

Selling 1 by 1 brings more profit, because:
    1. If you list auction of 200 ore, and it won't sell, you wasted gold on listing auction and sold nothing.
    2. If you list auctions 1 by 1, and only 60% of those sold, you only lost 40% of gold for listing on auction.
    3. Exactly what Reemi wrote. People won't buy stack of 200 if they need only few of that one resource.

Thus unless listing fees will go away, it is much more profitable to sell 1 by 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Thus unless listing fees will go away, it is much more profitable to sell 1 by 1.
    The time you spend listing 1s and getting it back from the mail could be spent on doing something a lot more profitable. It's not smart or productive. It's stupid trying to make gold from scraps. Fetching 4k auctions would take 80 min afk. 40 min if you are sitting there furiously reloading. I hope you are having fun with that

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    A shitty argument due to various reasons. First, you have no certainty that it was the same buyer for both bloods. It could've been two different people buying different auctions.
    Actually that is precisely the reason his/her argument is not shitty.

Singles sell because many people can buy what they want to buy.

If I have 10 bloods and post them as singles, then I have 10 potential customers. If I post them as stacks of 5, then I'm only looking for two customers than need >=5 bloods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The time you spend listing 1s and getting it back from the mail could be spent on doing something a lot more profitable. It's not smart or productive. It's stupid trying to make gold from scraps. Fetching 4k auctions would take 80 min afk. 40 min if you are sitting there furiously reloading. I hope you are having fun with that
    If you have an AH addon and mail box addon, both of those tasks take about 12 seconds.

Sorry that you don't like it, but its more profitable in many ways.