Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

the reason hunters are so unfair in PVP compared to the other classes

1. Unable to interrupt them. I'm sorry this is just plain pathetic. Unable to interrupt them? they are range and immune to interrupts. they can literally just stand still and nuke you without having to fake cast or anything

2. Can deal 100% of there damage on the move. They can deal everything, 100% of there damage, 100% of there crowd control, 100% of everything on the move. How is this fair? They have all the benefits of a Caster and a melee with none of there weakness? Melee weakness is they are melee but can damage on the move, Casters can deal damage from range but can be locked out. Hunters can damage on the move but can't be interrupt. yeah goodgood on that one. Why not make all warrior abilities 40 yard range.

3. They can kill somebody passively. Put Crows + Pet + Barrage and just stand still. Over the space of 5-7 seconds the target will die, or become seriously low hp without any input after 3 abilities have been activated.

4. You give them access to virtually every single ability in game. They have
    Self Healing
    Burst Cool-downs on extremely low cd
    Defensive cool-downs with 2 charges
    Stealth
    Cast on the move
    immunity to interrupts
    spell reflect
    Hand of Freedom
    Mortal Strike
    Feign Death - which can work like a weak vanish vs castes
    Interrupts
    Stuns
    Sleeps
    Traps
    *execute*
    "gap opener"
    "Heroism"
    Roots
    Slows
    Freezes
    Knock backs
    Offensive Magic AND enrage dispels
    Pet
    soon you'll re-introduce a similar design to necrotic strike and give it to a half undead pet that hunters can tame to be even more god like.

Honestly its a joke, I cannot even begin to grasp how you believe this is acceptable? i cannot begin to even grasp how you thought this design would work in the game?!?!?!? Clearly you did zero pvp testing or have no common sense at all. Surely classes are ment to have strength and weaknesses? Like my Destruction warlock, good burst damage and healing but no mobility and terrible sustainable damage.

Hunters are seemingly designed around strengths, strengths and more strengths.

Hunters burst is also the most passive thing i've ever seen

"Right Click target"
    "Press Bestial Wrath"
    "Press Crows"
    "Press Barrage"

Do nothing for 6 seconds.

They started becoming OP once they removed the deadzone. They need all that mobility because they could only do damage to you at range. When you got close to them all of their damage stopped. Now that's removed and you know what the only advantage of being in melee range of them is now? Actually being able to do damage to them while they still do 100% to you. There is no reason to give them all of that mobility, uninteruptible, and all of their damage on the move if they aren't being penalized for being in melee range. Frozen ammo is the biggest joke, im just glad BM hunters don't spec it.

Deleted
    Might wanna try the actual WoW forums, since this seems to be directed at Blizz themselves. Not that the topic wouldn't be locked within a few hours.
    Or did you try that already, get your forum posting rights suspended and then came here afterwards to rant?

Either way, yeah, hunters are poorly designed. No, Blizz don't care; you can just pay $60 and buy one yourself to even the playing field.

In PvP hunters are really powerful, especially in the open world where the terrain can be massively to their advantage.

I got no clue what can be done to hunters to reduce their PvP power - perhaps they should deal 35% less DMG to PvP targets while moving?

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Might wanna try the actual WoW forums, since this seems to be directed at Blizz themselves. Not that the topic wouldn't be locked within a few hours.
    Or did you try that already, get your forum posting rights suspended and then came here afterwards to rant?

Either way, yeah, hunters are poorly designed. No, Blizz don't care; you can just pay $60 and buy one yourself to even the playing field.
    The topic is copied directly from the official WoW forums. It's been up for 3 days, and it hasn't been locked.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14266716538

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    The topic is copied directly from the official WoW forums. It's been up for 3 days, and it hasn't been locked.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14266716538
    Ah, EU forums. Even the most reclusive of 4chan threads have more active mods than Blizz EU.

Still not sure why this thread exists here though. Perhaps the OP's just super proud of these new insights he's bestowing upon us.

Edit: Nice find though, you little detective.

Deleted
    Yeah, sorry you can't beat them on your dk, warrior or mage. Everyone else is 50-50 or hardcounters them (balance, shadow, affliction).
    And btw, everything you have posted in this thread applies 100% to Balance Druids as well. The only difference is that they're not as good at kiting as a hunter.

PS: I have a hunter alt but it's not my main.
    Last edited by mmocc3785c0d26; 2015-04-10 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    In PvP hunters are really powerful, especially in the open world where the terrain can be massively to their advantage.

I got no clue what can be done to hunters to reduce their PvP power - perhaps they should deal 35% less DMG to PvP targets while moving?
    The Marks mastery is kind of like this. It the old sniper training rehashed into something else. You deal more damage when standing still for 3 seconds. Everyone is BM though. Let your pet do the work.

I play most melee classes, i dont play a hunter, ive got no complaints of hunters.

Maybe the learning curve isnt as steep as some classes but i don't really see them being more op than any other class who knows how to play :F sure you aren't just bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody important View Post
    Yeah, sorry you can't beat them on your dk, warrior or mage. Everyone else is 50-50 or hardcounters them (balance, shadow, affliction).
    And btw, everything you have posted in this thread applies 100% to Balance Druids as well. The only difference is that they're not as good at kiting as a hunter.

PS: I have a hunter alt but it's not my main.
    So much this! I main hunter and my biggest nemesis is a balance druid, a skilled one will wreck me every time =). Also priests and affliction locks are tough as f**k to counter, I feel like a tryhard every time XD.

But I dont make cry threads on the forum about demanding class nerfs. I try to improve my gamerplay instead as much as my skill level will allow me to =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

It is actually as simple as giving casters more mobility.

There are some specs that slaughter hunters easily, but they are very rare because their poor mobility makes them useless against melee
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by huckfolinka View Post
    Hunters burst is also the most passive thing i've ever seen

"Right Click target"
    "Press Bestial Wrath"
    "Press Crows"
    "Press Barrage"

Do nothing for 6 seconds.
    Glad people still don't know how to do proper burst as a hunter. AMOC/BW/Barrage is fine, but you still have to line up your trinkets together with focus fire, else you barely scratch the surface of enemies hp

Yes. I just unsubbed today because of everything you posted. Interupts ruin the game for caster classes. I have more fun in heroes of the storm so no need for me to keep playing my miserable caster in pvp and not enjoying it anymore. I made sure to put the reason in my unsub note - but I doubt they will care.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    Glad people still don't know how to do proper burst as a hunter. AMOC/BW/Barrage is fine, but you still have to line up your trinkets together with focus fire, else you barely scratch the surface of enemies hp
    Capping my undergeared friend at 1500 rating as a Full geared Unholy DK. BM Hunter opens from Camo with Barrage and Crows and on use with no frenzy stacks. Oh look, I'm at 30% health in a couple of seconds while his rogue partner is still trying to get to my partner to land a sap.

We eventually won due to him having no idea what to do after his initial burst but pressing 2 buttons and getting a plate wearer to less than half health in seconds, wat.

I personally don't find them OP in 3s since they do go down fast in a stun kind of like feral druids. But, the amount of tools the class brings along with how easy it is to do damage is annoying. Most classes need some kind of setup to do similar damage and even if some classes don't need setup they need to do the damage on their own not passively from Crows and pets.

Quote Originally Posted by huckfolinka View Post
    They have
    Self Healing
    Defensive cool-downs with 2 charges
    Stealth
    Cast on the move
    immunity to interrupts
    spell reflect
    Hand of Freedom
    Mortal Strike
    Feign Death - which can work like a weak vanish vs castes
    Interrupts
    Stuns
    Sleeps
    Traps
    *execute*
    "gap opener"
    "Heroism"
    Roots
    Slows
    Freezes
    Knock backs
    Offensive Magic AND enrage dispels
    Pet
    deterrence has 2 charges, but after that you have 3 minutes cd queue for a single use. beyond that there's just the mitigation of iron hawk OR selfheal, and what you can mitigate via kiting.
    no sane person plays with spellreflect.
    you either get sleep OR stun.
    heroism can't be used in competitive environment.

but let's talk about mages:
    passive that prevents you from dying
    Defensive cooldown that makes you immune to everything
    cooldown that resets your health AND cd's
    Stealth
    Casting on the move (spamming instants)
    immunity to interrupts (again cuz spamming instants, or controlling enemies anyway)
    Hand of you-can't-stun-me blink
    mirror images - which can work like a weak vanish vs castes
    Interrupts
    Stuns
    AoE Stuns
    Poly's
    More Poly's
    even more Poly's, because fk cooldowns on cc
    *stupidly high damage*
    "gap openet"
    "Heroism"
    Roots
    Slows
    Freezes
    Knockbacks
    Offensive magic dispels
    Pet

see what i did there? every class has stupid toolkits if you're judging based on half-knowledge.
    simply l2p and how to counter abilities.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-04-10 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    yeah hunters got the best of both worlds and none of the weaknesses associated with either casters or melees

they're a freak class that needs to be brought back in line

bring back the deadzone or make their 'casted' abilities unusable during movement

bring back deadzone and it's fixed,p

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    deterrence has 2 charges, but after that you have 3 minutes cd queue for a single use. beyond that there's just the mitigation of iron hawk OR selfheal, and what you can mitigate via kiting.
    no sane person plays with spellreflect.
    you either get sleep OR stun.
    heroism can't be used in competitive environment.

but let's talk about mages:
    passive that prevents you from dying
    Defensive cooldown that makes you immune to everything
    cooldown that resets your health AND cd's
    Stealth
    Casting on the move (spamming instants)
    immunity to interrupts (again cuz spamming instants, or controlling enemies anyway)
    mirror images - which can work like a weak vanish vs castes
    Interrupts
    Stuns
    AoE Stuns
    Poly's
    More Poly's
    even more Poly's, because fk cooldowns on cc
    *stupidly high damage*
    "gap openet"
    "Heroism"
    Roots
    Slows
    Freezes
    Knockbacks
    Offensive magic dispels
    Pet

see what i did there? every class has stupid toolkits if you're judging based on half-knowledge.
    simply l2p and how to counter abilities.
    That's terribly funny. Let's try to reduce this list by removing duplicates or things that simply aren't there.

passive that slightly lowers damage
    Defensive cooldown that makes you immune to everything except Mass Dispels
    Cooldown that heals you a little bit and resets 3 cooldowns
    Invisibility for 20 seconds.
    mirror images - which don't work like a weak vanish vs castes
    An interrupt
    A stuns
    Poly's
    *stupidly high burst damage, terrible damage otherwise*
    "gap opener"
    "Heroism"
    Roots/Freezes
    Slows
    Offensive magic dispels
    Pet

This is of course talking about Frost Mages here. Not quite as impressive anymore, is it?

Now, here's the funny bit - if I compare each of these to that of Hunters, I am in almost all cases going to see the Hunter on top. They have a better pet, better offensive magic dispelling, better and more easily applied slows, they have an easier time rooting you, way higher passive damage but lower burst, an AoE stun, a knockback (frost mages don't have this), feign death is better as a target reset than MI, Blink isn't an immunity, invisibility for 20 seconds vs stealth forever, Hunters just have charges on some spells instead of Cold Snap and a seperate button to heal AND the passive heals, and Hunters also have a defensive cooldown that makes you immune to everything while it's up.

So, effectively Mages have 2 advantages over Hunters: They can CC more often, and they can burst slightly more often. That's it. In every other measure, Hunters come out of on top, and that's A LOT of areas. Far more than I just mentioned; that's just the areas where Mages even have an equivalent. In most cases they don't.

Now, you might think I'm unfair. I'm just comparing Frost Mages to Hunters. Surely I should compare all the specs, right? Nope, the OP actually means BM Hunters only.

Mages should thank their lucky stars that Hunters' stun can be used against them by putting stuns on DR so the rogue becomes limited. Otherwise they'd all have been replaced by Hunters in a heartbeat.

And this is comparing with a Frost Mage - one of the most OP specs in 3v3 right now. Most other classes are going to fare significantly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Ah, EU forums. Even the most reclusive of 4chan threads have more active mods than Blizz EU.

Still not sure why this thread exists here though. Perhaps the OP's just super proud of these new insights he's bestowing upon us.

Edit: Nice find though, you little detective.
    There's sadly a lot of truth to this. I posted in that original thread and I browse MMO-Champion, so it isn't exactly surprising I'd find both threads, however. No detective work was required whatsoever!
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2015-04-10 at 03:13 PM.

That's terribly funny. Let's try to reduce this list by removing duplicates or things that simply aren't there.
    i was just mocking OP as he did the same thing with hunters

So, effectively Mages have 2 advantages over Hunters: They can CC more often, and they can burst slightly more often. That's it.
    wanna guess what's getting you kills?

now on a more serious note:
    mages are better in competitive environements, simply because their RELEVANT tools are way more potent.
    the catch is that they need more support because of all the casting that is required to use the tools, but if they get it the mage-team excels.

at the same time the hunter tools are easier to use, but way less reliant on support. this makes them the "noob-proof" class that is capable of outplaying other noobs easily.
    the little annoyances that hunters have extra are nothing more than that: annoyances, which have to be dealt with accordingly, otherwise they become dangerous.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2015-04-10 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Mobility is what they removed from casters in WOD. ironically that is in part what makes playing not so much fun as it feels like a chore now to play turret style.
    They had to do this because it was screwing melees over big time in both PvE and PvP. If both can move the same, there is no disadvantage to picking a ranged class over a melee class.

The only problem here is that Hunters weren't brought in line along with the other casters.