Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Sad stuff. I wonder how you guys put up with this kind of shit.
    We don't run from police?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This is true without a doubt. But while people are still breaking the law, they should still be treated as human beings. A person could be in a low point in their life and result to theft or what have you. They shouldn't be taken down and beat the crap out of by a bunch of men.

In this case, the guy was trying to get away, but once they caught him, he put his hands behind his back immediately. He knew he was caught and was ready to face what was coming to him. I don't think he expected to be pounded into the dirt though.
    Yeah no one is arguing that this guy is a good member of society or doesn't deserved to be punished, but it's not crazy to hold police officers to a much higher standard than fucking criminals. He was face down with his hands behind his back. Cuff him and book him. That's all there is too it. Police officers are never ever ever allowed to dole out justice.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    These guys don't give a fuck at all.

You know you're being recorded and still do that shit?
    They do, they just dont care. They will get off most of the time anyway, even with clear video evidence of wrongdoing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    We don't run from police?
    Just because he was running from police doesnt give them the right to beat him for making them work harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There was a guy recently though who like, apparently was pulled over because his tail light was out, and he tried to run for some reason when the cop walked away, and then the cop shot him in the back and killed him.

Still wondering why he ran though, the news doesn't seem to want to tell why.
    The reason why he ran was irrelevant. You're not allowed to shoot people for running, period. There's already a thread about that incident, so let's not derail this one talking about it.

Well holy shit, an event occurred where I can agree the cops were in the wrong. That makes like what 2? 3 events?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    They do, they just dont care. They will get off most of the time anyway, even with clear video evidence of wrongdoing.
    Exactly. Just look at the Garner case.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I agree that the violence is disproportionate, but you never, ever, have issues like this where the person was not resisting arrest under bright light.

In my opinion, you resist arrest and you get what you deserve, regardless what it is.
    How was he resisting exactly? The video isn't as clear as it maybe could be, I guess it's possible he had his hands closed into fists while he was face down on the ground with his hands behind his back, and that's what caused his merciless beating?

But no, I'm sure the reason this actually happened is because the cops didn't know they were being recorded, or they assumed they could suppress the video as per usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Yeah no one is arguing that this guy is a good member of society or doesn't deserved to be punished, but it's not crazy to hold police officers to a much higher standard than fucking criminals. He was face down with his hands behind his back. Cuff him and book him. That's all there is too it. Police officers are never ever ever allowed to dole out justice.
    Agreed. I bet their reasoning is that they had to chase the guy and got hurt doing so. In the Raw video, the person recording said there were 2 officers down. They prolly fell while chasing. And the officer who landed the tazer shot also fell. Generally, when your adrenaline is pumping, and you are losing you get real angry. Even more so when you sustain injuries while losing. They prolly built up frustration by the time they got to him and let it all out on him.

You know, the same way children react in these situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    How was he resisting exactly? The video isn't as clear as it maybe could be, I guess it's possible he had his hands closed into fists while he was face down on the ground with his hands behind his back, and that's what caused his merciless beating?

But no, I'm sure the reason this actually happened is because the cops didn't know they were being recorded, or they assumed they could suppress the video as per usual.
    Resistance could be the act of fleeing. If you are told, "Stop you are under arrest" and you don't stop, you are resisting. At least this is how it seems to me. I don't know the actual rules.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

So you want to live in a society where cops are allowed to do whatever they want to people who resist in the slightest? Yeah no thanks I'll pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think the problem is they think they're justified. I think these problems are systemic.
    I prefer it to a society where the cops are completely disregarded due to their lack of power.
    Call me Cassandra

He was running from them in the first place, that is what I meant by "resisting". Not going calmly with the police officers when they ask for you to do so.
    Call me Cassandra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There was a guy recently though who like, apparently was pulled over because his tail light was out, and he tried to run for some reason when the cop walked away, and then the cop shot him in the back and killed him.

Still wondering why he ran though, the news doesn't seem to want to tell why.
    He´s had issues with the police in the past because of some unpaid child support. Now it´s even more ridiculous, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Resistance could be the act of fleeing. If you are told, "Stop you are under arrest" and you don't stop, you are resisting. At least this is how it seems to me. I don't know the actual rules.
    That is not justification for beating someone for 5 minutes or shooting them. It's just a harsher charge.

Deleted
    The reason why he ran was irrelevant. You're not allowed to shoot people for running, period. There's already a thread about that incident, so let's not derail this one talking about it.
    Not only that but he ran away, was unarmed and after he killed him he planted his tazer next to him so that it looks like self defense. But enough of this we have a separate thread for this topic. Back to the 5 idiots from the video

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    He was running from them in the first place, that is what I meant by "resisting". Not going calmly with the police officers when they ask for you to do so.
    Yeah that's not acceptable. He should be apprehended and given his day in court. Any force used not in the process of apprehension or protecting the lives of themselves or those nearby is excessive and illegal.

Yeah that's not acceptable. He should be apprehended and given his day in court. Any force used not in the process of apprehension or protecting the lives of themselves or those nearby is excessive and illegal.
    Which is what I said in the first place. On the individual level, however, I feel he got what he deserves.
    Call me Cassandra

In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times, punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The horse stood idly nearby.
    I don't know why, but the fact they felt it completely necessary to mention that "the horse stood idly nearby" as they describe the violence is strangely hilarious. I can almost see the horse waiting like, "Is it my turn yet?"

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the man being beaten in the video is already dead, or expected to die from his injuries. They aren't even telling his family what hospital he's in.

If you put everyone in a situation where after they surrender you beat them to death anyway, people will no longer surrender. They'll justifiable fight the police for their right to live. Maybe that's why we're seeing so many people running / "resisting" the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post

Just because he was running from police doesnt give them the right to beat him for making them work harder.
    I work in retail and I have some asshole customers that make me want to punch them in the face so I don't see how it's different for cops. I'm not saying it's right, but it's human nature.

So if you don't want to get tazed, don't want to get hit, and don't want to get shot; DON'T RUN FROM THE FUCKING COPS! There is a helicopter following you when you are on a horse for fucks sake, where are you going to go!? There is no escaping. There is no outcome in where this guy gets away. So yes, cops get fed up with annoying people just as much as any other person.

There is a reason that every single one of these shootings and beating end up happening after a chase of some sort.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the man being beaten in the video is already dead, or expected to die from his injuries. They aren't even telling his family what hospital he's in.

If you put everyone in a situation where after they surrender you beat them to death anyway, people will no longer surrender. They'll justifiable fight the police for their right to live. Maybe that's why we're seeing so many people running / "resisting" the police.
    If you don't resist in the first place, you will not be hurt.
    Call me Cassandra