Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    There are roughly 1 millions US cops why do non Americans love to comment every time one of the does something fucked up? I would imagine there are more important things going on in the world. Why the obsession? Why in general do non Americans talk so much about internal shit in the US? I know we aren't perfect but this is stalker level shit.
    Last edited by Dyfar; 2015-04-11 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I think it's a sad sign that our time as a great country is nearly at an end when so many people suffer from a delusion that makes them think criminals are victims.
    The two are not mutually exclusive. That you commit a crime does not give law enforcement a blank check to do whatever they please to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    There are roughly 1 millions US cops why do non Americans love to comment every time one of the does something fucked up? I would imagine there are more important things going on in the world. Why the obsession? Why in general do non Americans talk so much about internal shit in the US? I know we aren't perfect but this is stalker level shit.
    Short answer: thinking someone else has it worse makes some people feel better.

Long answer: with fame, comes both love and hate. Look at any celebrity, any rich businessman, any politician - they all get lots of attention from people, and they all get criticized and hated on harshly. The US among other countries is like Bill Gates among other businessmen: it is bound to be criticized, its problems blown out of proportion, as thinking that the US isn't as good as it seems makes people believe that their own countries are not bad either.

Nitpicking cases such as this and overgeneralizing them is the only consistent way to bash anything. If you look at 1 million cops and find out 1 thousand of them is corrupt, then that doesn't make for a good story, does it? On the other hand, collect a few cases such as this and ignore everything else - and you got a good headline story about evil America!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    was this a high speed chase? why was he running? he was putting innocent lives in danger, more so if this was at high speeds, i have no sympathy for the guy.
    I don't have much sympathy either. But you can't say with a straight face say that that was professional police work. Wouldn't restraining the suspect and putting on handcuffs be safer for everyone involved? I just fail to see the benefits of throwing punches when you could easily overpower that suspect instead.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc7_1428732891

I have officially seen my first smart black person. most impressed.

the few around here either act too white or too black -- if that makes sense

----

But this man has the right mentality. This is how everyone should address/behave in front of a police officer.

No need for fear. Just respect. If only that had been done by the walmart people......

I think it's a sad sign that our time as a great country is nearly at an end when so many people suffer from a delusion that makes them think criminals are victims.
    Luckily the sign you're pointing at is called the court system, which has been a staple of the US for a long, long time. Hell, it's a sign in every first world country, imagine that! It's almost like no single person like you or me gets to determine punishment!

PS: you're a criminal. I'm a criminal. Everyone is a criminal now, whether or not you choose to believe it.

So a white male gets Rodney King'd by the police and then his wife goes on TV and does her version of "he din do nuffin", and NOW people want reform. This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    So a white male gets Rodney King'd by the police and then his wife goes on TV and does her version of "he din do nuffin", and NOW people want reform. This is hilarious.
    Yeah, because nobody cared when Rodney King got beat.

No, that's sarcasm. You're just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There was a guy recently though who like, apparently was pulled over because his tail light was out, and he tried to run for some reason when the cop walked away, and then the cop shot him in the back and killed him.

Still wondering why he ran though, the news doesn't seem to want to tell why.
    The punishment still doesn't fit the crime. Anyway, the several news sources I checked said he owed a few thousand dollars or so in child support.

I don't mean to go all armchair lawyer, but given the evidence and eye-witness testimony, shooting the guy in the back... 8 times I think it was, was far from necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The two are not mutually exclusive. That you commit a crime does not give law enforcement a blank check to do whatever they please to you.
    I honestly don't care if they do and you want to know why?

Criminals are scum, they're a plague that ruin lives, and we're far too fucking tolerant of that reality.

Murderers, rapist, child molesters, robbers, identity thieves, assailants, I don't care about these people because they are dirt.

Its not that I don't see the logic in the role of police not including punishment, in a perfect world I wouldn't have it as such.

But I just donnnnnn'tttt caaarreeeee.

And not for nothing but I care even less when the perpetual victim society takes up the anti-cop crusade as a campaign for vote pandering.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Murderers, rapist, child molesters, robbers, identity thieves, assailants, I don't care about these people because they are dirt.
    I really fuckin' hate jaywalkers too, police should just execute them on sight as well.

Our society would really benefit, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Of course my town is only on the news for this bullshit, lol.

These cops will not have jobs for long. They'll probably all go join the LAPD after they resign. I know they're always looking for cops that beat people without mercy.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy was white. A warrant for his arrest was about to served to him when he started running.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole purpose of Sheriffs in the US was to enforce the law in practically lawless lands.
    The Wild West and its sheriffs weren't nearly as wild as what is portrayed in film. But they were mostly called peace keepers. But that was also a different time. There really weren't any laws back then anyway - the local sheriff was just there mainly as a baby sitter to keep the peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Criminals are scum, they're a plague that ruin lives, and we're far too fucking tolerant of that reality.

Its not that I don't see the logic in the role of police not including punishment, in a perfect world I wouldn't have it as such.

And not for nothing but I care even less when the perpetual victim society takes up the anti-cop crusade as a campaign for vote pandering.
    Don't breed please. The world doesn't need anymore intolerance, inhumanity and ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I really fuckin' hate jaywalkers too, police should just execute them on sight as well.

Our society would really benefit, I think.
    I agree. Stupid skateboarders at my university are a pain in the ass. They run out in front of moving cars all the time because "cars have to stop cuz mah rights."

First of all, we have a legal system that is based on innocence until proven guilty. The police exist to investigate crime and apprehend suspected criminals. Suspected is a pretty key word. I don't care if 150 people saw whomever do what he did, the criminal gets his day in court. You know why? I'll try to make this simple for you to understand. When we start cutting corners, and we start assuming guilt, it becomes easier to do so in the future. Then you have innocent people sent to prison because it was just easier that way. You have innocent people getting their ass kicked by police and no one cares because, "Maybe they shouldn't have been doing anything wrong".

I also did not ever crusade against cops if you cared to read anything that I wrote. However, your attitude is by far the most damaging to the ability of a society to maintain law and order free of corruption. Your way of thinking is orders of magnitude more damaging to a free society. In short, you are extremely ignorant and wrong on this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    The Wild West and its sheriffs weren't nearly as wild as what is portrayed in film. But they were mostly called peace keepers. But that was also a different time. There really weren't any laws back then anyway - the local sheriff was just there mainly as a baby sitter to keep the peace.
    Additionally, in the wild west you had stuff like this.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

whats disappointing is there needs to be a revamp from top to bottom. mainly because of how they protect their own, might be intentional or through inaction. I might not be a bad cop you might not be a bad cop but we know someone on the department that is crooked and has push on other people. We see him doing bad shit and have no choice but to look the other way or he might do a little arm twisting. cops dont appreciate whistle blowers that are their own. There is a move called Serpico. Came out in the 80s iirc about a cop named Frank Serpico based off a true story. He wanted to come clean about the dirty inside shit cops did....he got set up and ended up getting shot in the face and survived and blew the door open on corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sorry, how do you submit when you are being beaten? Do you curl into a ball and cry? Do you cry out for your mother? Do you put your hands behind you... OH SHIT! HES REACHING FOR A GUN! SHOOT HIM!!!! *pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop* is he down? ...*pop*

*throws knife and sprinkles crack next to body*
    You don't fight back to start off. When they took him off the horse he was struggling with them and trying to get away which is why he got treated the way he did. Once they have him on the ground you let them cuff you and lay there. I love all the extra nonsense you are adding in there. It is nice when you have such an absurd stance on something you have to insert nonsense to try and make a point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."