Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraftlogs, World of Logs, or Ask Mr. Robot?

Which does your raid team prefer to use?

I'm just curious of peoples' preferences/opinions. My raid uses warcraftlogs, but I usually post a log to Mr. Robot because I prefer the aesthetics of it.

From what I can tell, rankings are more competitive on warcraftlogs. I guess because more people use it.

Warcraftlogs.com because I find it the most useful. World of Logs is just outdated (I havent checked it a while, maybe they updated it), and I don't really get anything out of Mr. Robot. Their infographics don't present the information to me in a way I find meaningful. Maybe I just don't know how to read it.

Warcraftlogs does everything I need from combat log analysis.

We use a combination of WCL and AMR.

World of Logs is basically dead since whoever was in charge of it seemed to basically stop giving a shit about maintaining it during Siege and most guilds moved over to WCL exclusively. Kihra has done a fantastic job with WCL though and continues to add new features to it all the time.

WCL, though I think one of our hunters also uploads to AMR.

WarcraftLogs.. why go elsewhere when the author posts on here and take your suggestions!

As both a raid leader and a meter whore I prefer Warcraft Logs. As you said, rankings are more competitive, which is always nice. WCL also gives way more in depth data. Mr. Robot is fine for a layman's examination of data, but if you want to go really in depth WCL is simply superior at showing things like buff uptime, defensives used to mitigate specific abilities, cooldown usage and dps done to specific targets over x amount of time.

Basically, if there's something you want to know, WCL can probably tell you, while Mr. Robot just gives a little bit of general data that may be useful. I used to swear by World of Logs, but I switched to WCL this expansion and now it's clear to me that World of Logs is just a crappy Warcraft Logs. I mean, WCL tracks every single GCD of everyone in the raid! How cool is that?

WCL, and I use AMR to export character profiles to Simc

d) use all 3 and pick the one you like for the reason you prefer ;p

(as sidenote, WoL is up again & maintained since WoD release)

Deleted
    I use warcraft logs since its easy to use and I know how to use it.

I've heard good things about Ask Mr Robot, but I don't see a point in swapping to it and learning how to use it since it doesn't really display anything new.

Plus as a tank I like to see rankings based on tank damage. Rankings based on tank mitigation really don't reflect much, since they depend also on general strategy and which tank does what so...

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I mean, WCL tracks every single GCD of everyone in the raid! How cool is that?
    I'm absolutely a member of the WCL camp, and I completely stopped using WoL a long time ago - but WoL did that too, and so does AMR. After all, they're all working off the combat log.

Deleted
    Warcraftlogs. need i say more? If experienced enough with warcraftlogs. Alot of information can be seen and analyzed. Addon: Exorsus Raid tools can also be used ingame to analyse information. I'm not expeirneced in that yet, so can't say if it's any good yet. But i do believe it can be used to live analyse if you're not live logging with warcraftlogs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    I'm absolutely a member of the WCL camp, and I completely stopped using WoL a long time ago - but WoL did that too, and so does AMR. After all, they're all working off the combat log.
    WoL, yes. Are you sure about AMR, though? Admittedly, I haven't spent much time (and by that, I meant more than 5') on AMR so I might have missed it, but I don't remember seeing that feature on AMR (showing logs in text form - i.e: a "[xx:yy:zz] Player X did <action> <damage / healing done>" for every gcd - and allow you to check specific details with queries).

10+ Year Old Account
    We uploaded to Warcraftlogs and AMR.

WarcraftLogs I like using for the analysis and some others look through it too. Those who don't want as indepth information and want a glazing over look at AMR. For a performance assessment then WCL wins out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the other combat logging sites, but Amr is so easy to use and it presents the information so well that it's the obvious choice for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being a officer of a smaller raid guild, we use warcraftlogs and AMR. Warcraftlogs for the two people myself and raid leader to go into some more in depth detail and AMR for everyone else who doesn't seem to care as much about learning how to read logs correctly

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I haven't used WoL much, but I know they updated since WoD. WCL is a fantastic tool and we stay in touch with the creator of it, so that we can both focus on slightly different things. There are so many cool features to build, one site doesn't have the time to do them all, since we both only have 1 developer.

We actually do have in-depth data and graph views, we just normally promote the infographics because they are so much fun. Here's a 2 minute video about data and a 40 second video about graphs.

As for rankings: we're actually about the same size as WCL now. WCL skews more toward mythic, while we seem to have a sample that represents the raid community, including very average players

Here's a comparison post I made for someone asking about AMR vs WCL.

Comparison:
    WoL and WCL have a lot of the same features (extensive querying) and very similar layouts/navigation, but WCL has a replay thing that's pretty cool. So that makes it an attractive options.

AMR: We have extensive data as well (but not query-tools). Our infographics are not just a cool layout, but provide unique data to help teams figure out how well they are doing. We also can tell you how well you play for your specific itemlevel and gather gear/talents/glyphs at the start of every pull.

We actually keep in touch with the person behind WCL quite a bit since we are focusing in different directions. And that allows both sites to make cool features (both sites only have 1 developer), since there isn't enough time for either site to build EVERYTHING. That's awesome for the end users, so uploading to multiple sites to get access to all sorts of cool stuff, is what I'd recommend.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

So I've been playing around with AMR's logs too and the infographics are definitely nice and easy to break down. Can quickly see some of what's going wrong. Granted, WCLs problems tab does that too, but I'm noticing some different information on each which is cool. I'd vouch for it and it looks to be in good enough shape that it should see continued use from the raid community. Like Zooper said they go for a different design direction

1. WCL - Reliable percentiles for mythic level raiding, very detailed interface. Currently the top logging service we have.
    2. AMR - Ease of use, good for people who aren't used to reading detailed logs, but want some of the most important information available within a few clicks. Cool infographics.
    3. None. WoL is no longer a thing and shouldn't be used anymore.

Deleted
    AMR if you like pretty graphs and pie charts.

Warcraftlogs for more or less everything.

WOL's was updated. The only advantage it has over warcraftogs is the actual webpage itself is faster. If you were gonna look through a lot of numbers and individuals you might save yourself a lot of time by using WOL. Warcraftlogs has a lot of delay server side it's a very slow website in comparison it's pretty damn annoying to be honest.

I'd definately rate WoL higher than AMR. Sorry but AMR is just garbage. You get over the pretty visuals and realise it basically gives you no information in comparison to the other 2. It dumbs down and summarises too much. I mean, why know all the details when you can look at player rankings from 1-10, eh yeh no. It's not good enough as a stand alone logs site. If you're using it then I guarantee you use one of the other 2 as well.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-04-13 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Surprised people still have a look at WOL. It's outdated and last time I had a look at logs, they were broken even - numbers pulled out of nowhere.

WCL - To analyze your performance.
    MrRobot - To tweak gears and import them to SimCraft