Fury warrior BRF 'role'

Hi there fellow warriors

Long time lurker, made an account specifically to ask this question as it is kind of a brick wall that I am hitting in my raiding career.

I've been a raider on and off ever since TBC, ranging from casual to semi-hardcore. I started this expansion ready to get back into hardcore raiding after having skipped most of MoP, but my plans fell through seeing as the guild I have been in disbanded before Highmaul even opened and I kind of gave up on finding a new guild.

Well, I actually ended up finding a guild I would like to raid with, they are pretty much only doing BRF at the moment with Highmaul on some days, so I am in the unique position of not having to do Highmaul often or at all. My current ilevel is 665, I've acquired doing LFR, garrison missions and buying gear. So I have no experience in BRF aside from LFR which is a complete joke. Now the guild I am in stated that I'm allowed to come on their normal runs and some Heroic runs to get geared, but they don't have the time to give me a proper introduction to the raid, so I have to do that on my own.

I don't want to be dead weight and before I enter the instance I want to know what I have to do as Fury warrior on a boss-by-boss basis. I have not encountered a single written or video guide where this is described, so I was hoping that the nice people on these forums would be able to help me, so I am not completely useless and can actually contribute to the raids in this new guild.

Things I am looking for, example; Do I go full AoE during Blast Furnace and almost never focus on single target? Do I go AoE during Hanz & Franz or stick to single target? Do you keep AoE rotations during Maidens or do you also single target the skull mark? Do you focus on the dogs during Flamebender as a warrior? Basically, what the hell am I supposed to do in there?

I realise that these questions can be very guild specific and not every guild fills their roles in the same way, but I'm just looking for the general consensus on what seems to be the 'thing to do' as Fury warrior

Thanks a lot for your time!

Deleted
    hey m8,

you should check out fatboss on youtube. they make tactics video's about every bossfight explaining what bosses do and what the fights asks of every role.

You'll find warriors are kind of in a weird place right now. Not super top of the charts with AoE or single target most of the time. Fury is a lot of RNG but gets better with gear. Ill link after this all my kills so far in Mythic BRF. You can see most of the skills and talents iv chosen.

Quick run down. Level 15, 30, 45, 75 talents are really up to you. I take Double time for movement, Enraged Regeneration cause I don't want to waste rage on Impending Victory, Sudden Death because its just to over powered and Vigilance for a tank CD so I can bring utility.

Talents AoE fights: L60 - L90 - L100
    Blast Furnaces: DR - BS - AM
    Beastlord: DR - BS - AM
    Flamebender: DR - BS - Ravager
    Operator Thogar: DR - BS - AM
    Iron Maidens: DR - BS AM

Glyphs AoE: Unending Rage - Raging Wind - Your choice. (Enrage speed or Leap, Bloodthirst, Rude Interruption ect)

Talents Single Target: L60 -L90 - L100
    Oregorger: SB - Avatar - AM
    Han's and Franz: SB - Avatar - AM
    Gruul: SB - Avatar - AM
    Blackhand: SB - Avatar - AM

Glyphs Single: Unending Rage - Death from Above(+AM is alot more leaps for extra damage) - Your choice.

Kromog is depending if you have enough dps to break the grasp out without you being Aoe spec. If you're group is heavy on AoE id just go single target, if not then full AoE build.

Anyways I hope this helps some and good luck!

1.) For blast furnace, going full AoE is not necessary, because the single target dps on the elementalists is usually what makes or breaks an attempt, especially for a new guild that is progressing, for talents on Blast Furnace I would go with Dragon's Roar, Bloodbath and Ravager (Assuming you don't like AM or don't have the proper setup for it, but I personally use AM on every fight)

2.) Arms is a much better spec to be playing for Hanz and Franz, same with Maidens. However, assuming you want to only play fury, then you should be cleaving on this fight when the bosses are stacked together, so add whirlwind into your rotation to get meat cleaver. Talents for this boss should be Dragon's Roar, Avatar/Bloodbath and Siegebreaker or AM. Ravager is not very reliable here because the bosses are always jumping around and there is constant movement, so you won't get many ravager ticks.

3.) For Maidens you should be using your AoE rotation as well, pretty much what I said for Hanz and Franz is applicable to this boss as well. However, when they reach 20%, switch to single target and start spamming that sweet execute to get them down quickly one by one.

4.) For Flamebender, the melee always dps the enraged dog that is tanked, while the ranged dps the fixate dog. So yes, you should always be dpsing the dogs.

On Beastmaster Mythic warriors seem to be better at single-targetting boss/mount rather than cleaving adds. All those pesky locks elemental shamans mages and boomkins will clear adds without any effort. And your focused nuke will be needed in last phase. So unless you want to pad the meters by aoe I would say you go fury with SB-AV-AM