Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's protection of actual jokes from being hijacked by people who want to promote slanderous memes for whatever reason.
    In Ptuins Russia the goverment defends against the Internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's protection of actual jokes from being hijacked by people who want to promote slanderous memes for whatever reason.
    So we'll throw the cart out with the horse. Who on earth would use a meme to try and seriously smear someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ass View Post
    I am personally outraged at these developments, this sickening attempt at policing the Internet and what people look at is despicable. Information Control at its finest.
    Thoughts?
    Pointless. It'll be circumvented, somehow.

I'm more worried when a country spies on everyone's emails and online activities. And I mean everyone, not just their own citizens. (Yes America, I am looking at YOU.)

Deleted
    I found it kind off funny. Probably the first step into going China mode on their internet accessibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    I found it kind off funny. Probably the first step into going China mode on their internet accessibility.
    Not the first step. The war on the internet has been going for years now, ever since they made blogs, vlogs etc part of media, and then made it illegal to criticize slander the government. Also since Roskomnadzor has been going on the senseless websites bans for years now as well. The censorship has been around for years now, this is just taking another step towards it.

Corrupted goverment? Meh
    Invading Ukraine? Meh
    Murdering opposition? Meh
    Censoring the internet? WTF DOWN WITH PUTIN!!!!1111!

Deleted
    It's a bit naive to say that we in the west have ''free media''. Here in Sweden the newspapers are kept alive by huge government grants, making them dependent on the government in order to survive. This naturally isn't a good thing if you're going to judge Sweden as having a ''free media''. Not to mendion most of the media (around 90%) are owned by 2 company groups, Bonnier being the largest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the things Russia did, this is by far the least outrage worthy one.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."