Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Why.

The only reason that's been given "why" is "old men with young women is a recipe for disaster!" which.. is hilarious considering it's coming from a guy who cries foul over men being accused of things.
    Believe it or not, but men and women alike are not universally fond of risking public nudity in front of strangers of the opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    That's illegal in the U.K and classified as a hate crime.

No idea about other parts of the world and indeed the U.S.

But in the U.K our bathrooms are technically all gender neutral the designation is simply there as a guide.

Even in gyms (My one specifically) they allow pre-op trans people into their identified changing/ shower rooms.
    Not illegal in the us, afaik.

And people in the us freak the fuck out. and also there are weird people that just sit in the bathroom apparently, because i've walked in to people taking a breath on the bathroom benches... instead of the breakroom.. or outside..

._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What is the point of this?
    Giving up in front of stupidity. If you have a dick, you use men's restroom. If not, women's. It is really that simple.

If gender is meaningless, I should be able to walk straight into women's restrooms to lighten myself. But I doubt that would be accepted. Would I then be entitled to accuse them of gender-based discrimination?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Believe it or not, but men and women alike are not universally fond of risking public nudity in front of strangers of the opposite sex.
    Believe it or not, but we invented these things called stalls.

They, like, cover you from public view. Unless someone is intentionally pushing up against the door gap, which people do already anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Giving up in front of stupidity. If you have a dick, you use men's restroom. If not, women's. It is really that simple.

If gender is meaningless, I should be able to walk straight into women's restrooms to lighten myself. But I doubt that would be accepted. Would I then be entitled to accuse them of gender-based discrimination?
    TBH, people do this all the time at places with long bathroom lines; they go into the other-gender bathroom.

The world has not ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    One restroom for both genders.... Nothing new since 1493...
    Really, they're everywhere.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    So use a stall and not a urinal? The fact that we even have urinals is just absurd anyway. Also I wasn't aware that the bathroom was a private nude beach where people just stripped down and walked around naked for no reason. Pretty sure its there for the relief of bodily waste and if you don't want to give anyone a show USE A STALL!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I can't seem to find it it's a single person restroom or a multi-person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Apparently in the UK, yes you would on both counts.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You're in America now. People sue for things.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So use a stall and not a urinal? The fact that we even have urinals is just absurd anyway. Also I wasn't aware that the bathroom was a private nude beach where people just stripped down and walked around naked for no reason. Pretty sure its there for the relief of bodily waste and if you don't want to give anyone a show USE A STALL!
    That's catchy. One day I'll start a Death Metal band and I'm gonna call it Relief Of Bodily Waste.

Maybe we're gonna call one of our songs "Use A Stall". Imagine the growling in the chorus. USE A STALL! USE A STAAAAAAALL ...

10+ Year Old Account
    After much thought, Ive come to the conclusion hat as long as the bathroom is entirely stalls (NO URINALS), I dont care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    After much thought, Ive come to the conclusion hat as long as the bathroom is entirely stalls (NO URINALS), I dont care.
    Silly wimmin are just jelly they can't use urinals!

Stahp oppressing us menz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have no issue with that, so long as there are no urinals. Stalls only.
    That's what they all usually are. Mixed has no Urinals.

Urinals are gross anyway.

I just imagine splashback and the people that shit in them because it's there and gross.

10+ Year Old Account

If you can aim at a urinal, you can aim at a damn toilet. also, 3 of 4 body functions need a toilet so a urinal is unnecessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You're in America now. People sue for things.
    People have the choice.. to take a piss and be happy, or to sue and piss themselves ..lol
    I see them here too everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, I really don't notice the people doing their business in the stalls.
    Yup. I mean, the vast majority of people will not just sit there in the bathrooms and watch others. Usually, they go in the stalls, do what they have to do and leave after washing their hands.
    I mean, it definitely can be and is a stressful situation for a lot of Trans people - but usually, people are not really even paying that much attention to others. If you do not really, really stick out, chances are that nobody will bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They are not that common here. You will find some (for example in smaller medical practicesn etc.), but usually, we have separated restrooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Urinals are gross anyway.

I just imagine splashback and the people that shit in them because it's there and gross.
    Ehhhh.

I'd rather urinals than womens wastebins ;_;

Such stench has been unrivalled!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That reason is what, exactly? That a man is going to rape a woman? That he might see her nudie bits? What reason is there for even having separate bathrooms aside from the sexist, irrational thought that if men and women are in close proximity while partially naked, rape will happen?
    I would rather not share a bathroom with a girl or woman, generally speaking, and it has very little to do with an irrational fear that she'd take the opportunity to jump me while my pants are down.

Which, kinda seems odd that you only consider women's privacy and security in the matter, but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    piss is piss
    shit is shit

i think its more about a little bit of privacy so u dont have psycho guys peaking over or under the stall barriers to get a glimpse of a cooch
    Hi