Help with mythic content

Hey!

So I've been doing mythics for a week and I seemed to be doing well and have everything down in heroics but when it comes to mythics my parse on warcraft logs is abysmal. I'm only at 685 IL but i still feel like im really under performing what I should be doing.

Main fights I'm concerned about are Gruul and flamebender.

Here is gruul:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...54938/latest/#

Flamebender:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est/#boss=1689

Honestly I just learned about the DS service at sub 20% so that will help a bit from reading other threads.

Another thing, its better for Hand of gul'dan 2 stack to run out instead of keep renewing it at 2 stacks? Why is that?

Thanks in advance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    You seem to be doing fine other than getting used to completely maximizing your hand of guldan weaving and being able to judge when to use Chaos Wave. Your recent Oregorger logs compared to mythic and heroic are a good example of how important kill times are to your parses. The Mythic kill was about twice as long as your most recent heroic kill and you only did 1k DPS less than the heroic parse and thats a good thing. The spec is fairly complex compared to any other DPS spec currently and it will just take some practice and attention to detail before you feel completely comfortable in any situation of any fight. Also, your Aknor dmg was top in your last mythic group, congrats on not being a scumlord and just ignoring him.

In summation I feel like you are on the right track to topping your raids DPS comp, just work on your HoG weaving and knowing when scumming is actually beneficial to your overall single target DMG(then it really isn't scumming) and stop worrying about your parses from fight to fight, they mean fuck all in a guild still progressing through the content.
    Killing bosses > epeen

I don't worry much about my parses but I try to hang around a decent area for my IL.

What does Hog weaving mean? When I try to make sure I have enough to put 2 stacks up?

I shouldn't ever renew my 2 stack hog; right?

I was also one of those guys worrying about parses on WCL but then I've realised that you will not parse unless you're in one of the top100 guilds. Just look at the logs, gruul kills lasting only 1 minute and 30 something seconds, you can't ever compete with that unless you are in a guild capable of doing so. There are people with better gear stats out there, they have raid teams executing bossfights for them to rank high, like leaving all the adds for one person to DPS. That and godly RNG. Most of their DPS is just padding as well.

If however you want to see how good you are doing on fights exactly like yours, just use the advanced search on WCL. Pick a fight length -/+ 5-10 seconds longer or shorter than yours and search for only the ilvl you have had on that fight. It will give you a pretty good idea how well you are doing compared to other warlocks on that boss fight with the same length. Hell, you can even specify what classes were on that fight if you want to.

Ranks don't mean shit, even Method/Paragon members are often somewhere down the ranks and they are the best players when it comes to their classes. Don't stress yourself over them.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-04-12 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    I shouldn't ever renew my 2 stack hog; right?
    Of course you want to. That's a decent boost to your overall DPS since you "skip" the 1hog ticks and keep on extending the 130% duration 2 stack. If you're lucky with your 4pc bonus you might end up having 1+ min 2stack uptime.