U.S. Capitol on Lock Down After Reported Suicide. Suspicious Package at Capitol

The U.S. Capitol and the Capitol Visitors Center is on lock down amid police activity on the scene, according to the U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Office.
    Related to this incident, the U.S. Capitol Police are continuing to investigate the suspicious package on the lower West Terrace of the U.S. Capitol Building. They said the suspected shooter has been neutralized, but the U.S. Capitol Building has been locked down as a precautionary measure.

NBC News reporter Pete Williams said the suspected shooter has shot himself, and the package is a suitcase near the man. Williams reports police are searching for the man's car.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/299452321.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Police report shots fired on the west front of the Capitol in Washington and say the building has been locked down as a precaution.

Spokeswoman Kimberly Schneider of the Capitol Police says in a statement that the suspected shooter has been "neutralized," but there is no immediate explanation what that means.

She also says the Capitol Police are investigating a suspicious package on the lower west terrace of the building.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-11-14-11-21

Seems pretty serious. How did he get a gun in there or was this outside? I wonder what's in the suitcase?
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-04-11 at 06:27 PM.

I got a suspicious package.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, poor guy. Doing this on a Saturday means the major TV news stations won't get to it until Monday. Surf CNN, MSNBC and Fox News and I didn't see a peep. If he wanted attention, he isn't getting any yet.

Its a shame he didnt off a few politicians before he spray painted his brains onto the pavement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Its a shame he didnt off a few politicians before he spray painted his brains onto the pavement...
    You mean the ones that WOULDN'T be there since it is a Saturday?

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG!...Was the dudes man Socrates?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    It's 2015. Shouldn't someone have invented a small scale EMP device by now? Not sure how this works but I imagine you could disable the bomb from afar and check it out after.

Obviously the NSA is not powerful enough and the Patriot Act dosent give our government enough power, soon nation wide permanent martial law and dictatorship will need to be implemented to keep everyone safe from the terrifying terrorists!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Obviously the NSA is not powerful enough and the Patriot Act dosent give our government enough power, soon nation wide permanent martial law and dictatorship will need to be implemented to keep everyone safe from the terrifying terrorists!
    Isn't that redundant?

I saw a blurb about this on one of the channels today, in between the "ZOMG, Hillary is gonna announce she is running for president!?!?!" To the surprise of... No one.

So the dude killed himself while holding a sign asking for the 1% to be taxed?

That is sure to get a positive response >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    It's 2015. Shouldn't someone have invented a small scale EMP device by now? Not sure how this works but I imagine you could disable the bomb from afar and check it out after.
    and everything else in the vicinity INCLUDING LAW ENFORCEMENT VEHICLES. great idea.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    It could also detonate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose he can rest in peace knowing that the 1% do in fact get taxed. Quite heavily actually.