Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I remember when minimum wage was $3.35. That was when candy cost a quarter.

I remember when if you wanted to buy stocks in the stock market, commission was $300. The barrier to entry for average people was immense. You needed $50,000 to even think about buying and selling stocks. Nowadays, you can do it yourself online and the commission is $7 per trade. And I always hear people complaining that $7 is expensive LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Seems the next one will be white again so that means you only had 1 "colored" president? Who also seems to be half "white" to begin with :P ?

I think it's only logical too that in a country where eventually the "white" people will be the minority there will be presidents reflecting the majority of the population?
    White people won't be the minority in America. This has already been dismissed multiple times.

The definition of "white people" changes over time. In the 1700s, "white" was specifically Angelo-Saxon Protestant. If you were an Irish catholic, you were not white. If you were German, you were not white. Benjamin Franklin used to write about how the country would be ruined if too many Germans came to America because all of these minorities would change the culture. In the past ten years, more and more latinos identify as white instead of minority. 50 years from now, most latinos will identify as white. When that process completes, the nation will still be "white". The term "white" will simply mean something different than it does now.

I'm sure you know any of this because the media distorts the truth. The media lies. Listening to the press instead of doing research is horrible. Might as well be a scientologist.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2015-04-12 at 02:14 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The seahawks in the afc west.
    15 rds in title match.
    Two big punch buttons for Street fighter.
    Arcades.
    Cassette decks in cars.
    4 divisions in baseball.
    You cared enough to post.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I was 9 a video game was a large box and cost between 50 and 250 dollars. Today they're all 50 dollars or less, unless packaged with other stuff. Inflation doesn't seem to have hit video games. I usually pay like 20 or less for each one I get, cuz I'd rather be patient and save money with used games.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    I found myself at the register buying groceries, and i thought to myself that the candy cost way too much.

then i wondered if it was a mark of old age that i was starting to think that everything was too much.

I remember when i was little, my grandpa complaining about how much my MtG boosters cost.
    "When i was a kid, a pack of baseball cards cost a nickel and came with gum!" - yadda yadda both ways in a blizzard uphill for school.

Only, today its me complaining about a $5 diabetes drink from a Target/Starbucks...

I remember $0.50 coffee...
    Welcome to the future, where the economy isn't the same as when you were a kid and prices are different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    When I was 9 a video game was a large box and cost between 50 and 250 dollars. Today they're all 50 dollars or less, unless packaged with other stuff. Inflation doesn't seem to have hit video games. I usually pay like 20 or less for each one I get, cuz I'd rather be patient and save money with used games.
    There might be a lot more games today, with less risks and better production values. So in a sense, games are cheaper today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    There might be a lot more games today, with less risks and better production values. So in a sense, games are cheaper today.
    Adjusting for inflation they've gotta be like twice as cheap or more. Still, I'm broker than the Ten Commandments, so I gotta get used.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

I think minimum wage was somewhere around the area of $5.00/hour when I got my first job. I actually only got paid 4 something because I worked at a restaurant as a busboy and got 10% when the waitresses counted out all their tips at the end of the day.

Gas has been all over the fucking place, of course. It was something like $1.50 a gallon for regular unleaded when I turned 16 and first started actually paying attention to gas prices. My first car took less than $20 to fill with gas from almost empty.

I remember the day regular unleaded rose from $0.99/gal. to $1.03/gal. and the local news was predicting the end of days.

I could fill my motorcycle tank for $5.

Now, my truck costs $70 to fill....

I remember the penny candy shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================