10+ Year Old Account

Epic Mount vs Treasure Hunter

I currently have ~18 or so Epic Mount followers on all my characters. The idea behind this was finishing missions faster = more missions to do = more salvage crates. I.e. instead of 3 guys on a 24 hour mission, they're on 2 hour mission. And they can take ~10 more missions that day. Clearly, that makes sense, at least, at first.

But I also assumed that I was not assigned as many missions, because more pop up only when I finish them.

So, my question is this. I'm debating moving to TH followers. Am I only assigned X number of missions a day? Is the number of missions I get less, if I only complete a few? I know some expire after a time, but does finishing missions faster mean I am literally getting more missions, or would I get the same amount of missions regardless of my speed of completion?

I'd test it myself, but I don't want to spend 15 weeks trying something that may no be the case.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The general consensus seems to be log in 3 evenly spaced times of the day with lots of THs. A few epic mounts help too, but they drop off after 6 or so. I benched a few of my epic mount followers to make room for TH. I'm not 100% sure of the spawning mechanisms for missions, but I know you'll run out if you check 3 times a day. I believe there's a certain number of slots for each bracket/category and it'll stop spawning them when full, and effectively a certain amount spawn per day if you kept camping it.

Mission completion orders makes epic mount 100% useless

Get 1-3 epic mount guys for fun but it's just a useless trait.

Deleted
    since i build a spirit lodge i have been getting more mission completion orders then i actually need.
    which makes epic mounts pretty useless and treasure hunters a lore more interresting.

Deleted
    I have had plenty times where I had zero missions available and did not notice an increase in new missions spawning. You can get a decent amount of missions done with 3 visits a day and you would not need them mounts at all. I tend to log 7:30 ; 17:00 and 2130 for missions and gain a good amount of gold/resources a day from that alone. In case I have lvl 100 epic followers active only.

I get a new follower from Inn each reset and it takes me 4 to 5 days to lvl to epic 100, depending on starting rarity. During that time I tend to have more missions that pop up. So in that case the epic mount would pay off more, if you play a lot ofcourse and not like me with only 3 garrison visits a day.

And if you are really hardcore I suggest you get a mage tower/spirit lodge and just ude the completion orders.

18 epic mount followers is excessive - turn some into treasure hunters. The number of missions you get are limited and on varying CD's - epic mount is good but it is more about convenience (followers back faster / get rewards sooner) then churning out quantity (to a certain extent.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic mount is useless unless you are running missions 24/7

Even if you do run missions 24/7, epic mount doesn't make the game give new missions any faster. When I login 1-2 extra times per day on my characters with 25 ilvl675 followers, I very frequently run out of missions entirely. Epic mount isn't very useful.

But then, you don't really need more than 6-7 treasure hunters max either. The game will only give you so many missions with gold rewards at a time, after all.

Yeah, TH drops off after a point too, and it can be much less if you have a TH Garona and use Mission Completion orders. Way I see it, about 1/3 of my active followers are epic mount, 1/3 TH, and 1/3 racial preference

My main has 8 EM and 8 TH. One of which has both and my Garona Halforcen has TH and a worgen racial which also is a TH I have. So it is a nice combo right now that I have I believe. 8 should be good for TH as long as they can counter every ability, but Garona helps with the ones I'm missing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    18 epic mount followers is excessive - turn some into treasure hunters. The number of missions you get are limited and on varying CD's - epic mount is good but it is more about convenience (followers back faster / get rewards sooner) then churning out quantity (to a certain extent.)
    you could do all your days missions in like one hour lol

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    you could do all your days missions in like one hour lol
    Considering you get more periodically throughout the day, no, you can't.

i have 4-5 epic mount followers, 2 scavengers (both of whom either have EM or TH) and the rest from this point on will all be treasure hunters (exceptions will be made for raid mission completions if necessarry,

I'd love to get some treasure hunter followers, but I can't get freaking Muradin Bronzebeard out of my garrison long enough to get any of Harrison Jones's quests.

Use the premade finder. People often put up harrison jones premades.

Me personally I just evened them all out. Over the weeks since launch I've been recruiting followers until I am at my current stage in the game.

9 Epic mounts, 8 Scavengers and 8 Treasure hunters.

Enough epic mounts to plow through those 6+ Hour missions. And enough TH's / Scavengers to assure success in -nearly- all garrison missions. Now I just recruit followers to replace ones with a bad trait, like High stamina, and hope for ones with a combo of any of the 3 I am going for, which is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I'd love to get some treasure hunter followers, but I can't get freaking Muradin Bronzebeard out of my garrison long enough to get any of Harrison Jones's quests.
    Also, Harrison is only one treasure hunter follower, and you don't have to have him to have other treasure hunter followers. The inn and the tokens that retrain traits (or everything on a follower) can also net you treasure hunters.

I do my missions each day and i have alot of alts so i cant keep doing them 24/7 so epic mount is useless to me and i must say im making obscene amounts with treasure hunter.