View Poll Results: Poll: Al Gore and the general idea of politicians "paying a price" for denial?

Voters
162. This poll is closed
  • I agree with Al Gore that politicians should pay a price.

100 61.73%
  • I disagree with Al Gore. Politicians should not pay a price.

62 38.27%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Man-made "global warming" is still unproven. Gore should pay a portion of all the money he has made by fostering and perpetuating the lies and exaggerations.
    Not only are you literally as wrong as possible, you're a shining example of the people he's talking about. Good job.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Gore means guys like this one:

Such people should indeed be held accountable for their decisions.
    Well he probably is part of the people in the united states that believe Jesus will come back to life in their lifetime, so i their intelligence or understanding of science seems to me to be similar to that of a us more then a century ago.

Saying something is god's way is as intelligent as saying "Zeus is playing in the sky that's what thunder is"

I'm surprised someone so uneducated can get elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    What is the correct sea level, again?
    depends on what year you're looking at it....
    And we measure that from land, at various points around the globe.
    This one's probably one of the most famous ones, located in Israel:

And why it depends. well.... this is the reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_lev...Level_Rise.png
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-04-12 at 09:02 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Why has it been proven that the Antarctic ice is actually getting thicker then?
    This has about all the intellectual honest of trying to prove AGW with a single storm.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Politicians, in office and afterwards always use their influence and power to push agendas that profit them. Al Gore didn't care much about climate science until he stood to make a profit off of it.
    Also, when the scientist whose theories he based everything on retracted nearly all of it, Gore branded his former mentor as being a senile old man.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Confucious say, "circle jerk is peer-reviewed masturbation". GIGO. I suppose those with science to dispute it can all review each others work and declare them peer-reviewed as well.
    Don't talk to us about science then pretend peer review is a joke. You want science, do science. Put up or shut up Stormdash

What goal posts? There's no goal to begin with. AGW is Calvinball. I live on the Atlantic Coast of Florida and have for most of nearly 25 years. My feet ain't gotten wet other than when fishing, and the fishing spot doesn't move any farther inland with the tide than it ever has. Already happening? I'm sure glad nothing else but AGW can explain flood conditions, like drainage, higher or lower precipitation, etc.
    He pointed out that sea levels are rising, you move the goal posts to some claptrap about "correct sea level"

I'm also innately suspicious of a climatological crisis that appears to only be fixable through economic central planning. That's not convenient.

I'm also innately suspicious of a climatological crisis that appears to only be fixable through economic central planning. That's not convenient.
    Disbelieving scientists because you don't like what you think the ramifications of those conclusions are is hardly reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed by you, i mean every report has shown that permafrost has been reduced every cycle and not fully grown back. Yet ice getting thicker will suddenly help with how permafrost works.

Unless you mean that the permafrost has increased over time, which it simply hasn't especially if we look at longer periods.

Cap and trade? It's a market based solution, not central planning you idiot.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesk...313-story.html

He's making such vague comments here about politicians "paying a price" that he really should be asked to explain exactly what he means. Of course, the media isn't going to ask him to explain himself. Please don't attempt to run cover for Mr. Gore on such statements. He's a grown man. He knows what he is doing when he make VAGUE comments about "paying a price" politically. He's trying to start a conversation on political punishments for people who oppose his views.

And what does he even mean by "denial"? Does he mean someone who denies the planet is warming? Or someone who denies the future projections of where global temperature is heading? Or both? Or neither? If I approach Mr. Gore with data that shows solar will make fossil fuels obsolete in 2-3 decades, will he label me a "denier" and seek political punishment for me? Do you agree with the general notion of politicians "paying a price" for "denial"?
    Do we remember the statements Al Gore made about climate change?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the correct sea level, again?
    This is pretty trivially established by looking at the sea level that current infrastructure was designed to account for. When the sea level gets higher than that, flooding happens. This is really basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Of course man made global warming is real.

The people who...

...want to sell me a less effective more expensive alternative
    ...want to control a second 1/3 sized chunk of the economy
    ...want to take money away from their political opponents
    ...want me to think I already know the truth so I'll stop looking for it

...told me so.

Second. Greatest. Scam. Ever.
    I really do not understand the claim that scientists, who make no more money for the specific conclusions their research draws, are somehow perpetuating a conspiracy with a profit motive that nobody can actually demonstrate, while simultaneously ignoring that the oil industry has exactly the profit motive you're trying to project onto climatologists.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/inc...termediate.htm

Because there are reasons for that, which don't contradict anthropogenic climate change models.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Well he probably is part of the people in the united states that believe Jesus will come back to life in their lifetime, so i their intelligence or understanding of science seems to me to be similar to that of a us more then a century ago.

Saying something is god's way is as intelligent as saying "Zeus is playing in the sky that's what thunder is"

I'm surprised someone so uneducated can get elected.
    Jesus will return but when nobody knows. Everything that happens is God's way and Armageddon is coming and nothing anyone can say or do can stop it. After that, the deniers of God won't exist any more. "Education" is not always the answer, especially if what is being taught is wrong.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Don't talk to us about science then pretend peer review is a joke. You want science, do science. Put up or shut up Stormdash
    Can we just take it as read that I posted a small litany of climate scientists that make the case against, you cried "blasphemer!" at them, and nobody changed their mind?

He pointed out that sea levels are rising, you move the goal posts to some claptrap about "correct sea level"
    No, he said flood conditions in Miami prove rising sea levels and in turn prove global cooling/warming/"climate change" and in turn prove that man causes it. That's not the same thing at all.

If you tax everyone climate change will go away. Just pay money to whoever.

Implying America is the problem not China and India.

Jesus will return but when nobody knows. Everything that happens is God's way and Armageddon is coming and nothing anyone can say or do can stop it. After that, the deniers of God won't exist any more. "Education" is not always the answer, especially if what is being taught is wrong.
    Great, then you can excuse yourself from all issues of science policy, shouldn't be a problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you tax everyone climate change will go away. Just pay money to whoever.
    Ronald Reagan was quite fond of saying that if you want less of something, you tax it away.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Can we just take it as read that I posted a small litany of climate scientists that make the case against, you cried "blasphemer!" at them, and nobody changed their mind?
    I'm just asking for the peer reviewed studies backing up your claims. You're the one who said "put up or shut up" Stormdash, practice what you preach.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Cap and trade? It's a market based solution, not central planning you idiot.
    For people with a really ree-ree malfunction about what a free market is. The government telling everybody how much they can earn and/or how much of economic activity X they can do, before they have to start giving money away... is not that. That's the government picking who gets what, when, and how much. That's centrally planning. Just because it's not called a Five Year Plan on the binding doesn't mean it's not cut from the same cloth.