Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    She was a senator for 8 years and then secretary of state. Not sure how much more qualified a candidate can be.
    No kidding. Hillary is the most qualified candidate this election will ever see. I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't think she's qualified solely because she's a woman. :/

In the last election that Clinton campaigned in, the response to the idea of a woman being in the White House was surprisingly negative, even from other women. There were stay at home mothers being quoted in major newspapers stating that a woman's place is in the home. In 2008, no less!

Sadly the United States is nowhere near as progressive as other Western countries when it comes to women in leadership positions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I think this is great. Best possible president.
    I wouldn't go that far. I'd have preferred to see Warren throw her hat in the ring, but she's pretty adamant that she's not running. Clinton's way too cozy with big business for my liking; I'd prefer a left-winger.

That said, I don't see many (other than Warren) on the Democrat side that I prefer, and unless the Republicans can field a reasonable, moderate candidate, there's gonna be little choice.

Nor do I think the Republicans are inherently incapable of being reasonable; I had high hopes for Huntsman in the early 2012 primaries. I didn't agree with him, politically, but he seemed like a decent, intelligent person, at least.

Frankly, if the Republicans are going to keep leaning further and further right, as they have been, I think the Democrats should push further left, rather than chasing them to the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    When you vote for the lesser of two evils, you're just voting for evil.
    What else are you supposed to do? Nothing? That's just supporting the prime evil (and who would want Diablo for president?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I'd have preferred to see Warren throw her hat in the ring, but she's pretty adamant that she's not running. Clinton's way too cozy with big business for my liking; I'd prefer a left-winger.

That said, I don't see many (other than Warren) on the Democrat side that I prefer, and unless the Republicans can field a reasonable, moderate candidate, there's gonna be little choice.

Nor do I think the Republicans are inherently incapable of being reasonable; I had high hopes for Huntsman in the early 2012 primaries. I didn't agree with him, politically, but he seemed like a decent, intelligent person, at least.

Frankly, if the Republicans are going to keep leaning further and further right, as they have been, I think the Democrats should push further left, rather than chasing them to the right.
    Democrats aren't left wing, at least, US Democrats aren't. They're just less right wing than Republicans.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    She is substantially more electable than the alternatives. The problem: this is an incredibly low bar.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    1. I do not feel that she's genuinely earned her success through merit. Being married to a President isn't a qualification.
    2. I think she plainly lies on a regular basis. If you can't see this, I don't know what to tell you.
    3. I think she's so absurdly and obviously in bed with Wall Street interests and so completely disinterested in policies that benefit the middle class that I can't fathom why any liberal would vote for her in the primaries.

As a bonus, she voted for the Iraq War.
    Incidentally, you could say the same about Jeb Bush. Guess he shouldn't run too, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Democrats aren't left wing, at least, US Democrats aren't. They're just less right wing than Republicans.
    Yes, I'm aware. Hence why I want them to shift to the left, rather than taking American politics ever further to the right. And I agree that Clinton is right-wing (even Warren's pretty moderate, on that scale); that's why I said I'd prefer to see a left-winger.

Bear in mind that I'm Canadian, and I'll be having to decide whether to support Trudeau or Mulcair in our next election, based on how best to not split the vote up here because it's silly when the votes get split 40/37/23 or whatever, and the right-wingers with 40% of the popular vote make up the government, rather than the two left-wing parties that make up 60%.
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-04-12 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    What else are you supposed to do? Nothing? That's just supporting the prime evil (and who would want Diablo for president?).
    There are things called third party candidates. They usually get ignored and swept under the rug by the Big Two, but if enough people could be bothered to find out about them, that might change someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post

Being a scientist shows you at least have some sort of intelligence. Being a politician is all about who can be a better liar.
    Rand Paul comes to mind here for me.....
    Running for President, and as doctor, a man of the sciences....
    Well well well..
    If there wasn't his bullshit stunt with the abortions of 7 - 9 lb babies..
    "Aborting" 7 - 9 lb babies is called...... delivery, giving birth.
    The average weight of a newborn child is 7.5 lb... the average. Some are as low as 6.x lb..

I'd be okay with such stunt being pulled by a non-medical person. I'd still find it idiotic and with that borderline hilarious.
    But with a man of the field... That's dishonesty if you haven't seen one before.
    Given how those weight figures are very common knowledge for everyone makes it even worse.

So what did Paul do then? Given he's intelligent.. Did he use his intelligence trying to sell the people for stupid?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Loling at her claim that "everyday Americans need a champion" and she is that champion. Someone that has not seen how an average citizen lives in at least two decades is our champion guys!

I can't even imagine voting for her. I guess I just won't vote again this election cycle, because no way in hell I'm voting for any of the republican candidates either.

And my dislike for her is mostly personal, not even that much political (though some of her wishy washy crap over the years has been annoying as well)

Staying with someone only because of a strong political name is despicable in my opinion. This isn't the Middle Ages where you married only for political gain.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    Incidentally, you could say the same about Jeb Bush. Guess he shouldn't run too, right?
    If it comes down to a Clinton or a Bush then no American can ever claim they do not have aristocratic families.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, I'm aware. Hence why I want them to shift to the left, rather than taking American politics ever further to the right.
    Jill Stein is wonderful. I could see the viability of a Green Party candidate in the next decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    There are things called third party candidates. They usually get ignored and swept under the rug by the Big Two, but if enough people could be bothered to find out about them, that might change someday.
    You need to look into the debate laws in this country, I'll give you a hint: the debates are run by the two main political parties. Who have a strong interest in not letting anyone else in, both sides. This is t some wild conspiracy theory either; it is established fact.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty ignorant position to take in the current political climate. A third party will never be successful, the Tea Party has proven that, and the Green Party before them.

If you withhold a vote simply because you don't completely 100% agree with the candidate who is closest to your values, you are essentially handing a vote to the candidate whom you despise the most.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Let's hope she's in prison for her misconduct as secretary of state before next November, she and Cuomo are the worst possible outcomes of the next election.
    You're quite delusional......If there was only the slightest chance for even a conviction, she wouldn't run for office.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Rand Paul comes to mind here for me.....
    Running for President, and as doctor, a man of the sciences....
    Well well well..
    If there wasn't his bullshit stunt with the abortions of 7 - 9 lb babies..
    "Aborting" 7 - 9 lb babies is called...... delivery, giving birth.
    The average weight of a newborn child is 7.5 lb... the average. Some are as low as 6.x lb..

I'd be okay with such stunt being pulled by a non-medical person. I'd still find it idiotic and with that borderline hilarious.
    But with a man of the field... That's dishonesty if you haven't seen one before.
    Given how those weight figures are very common knowledge for everyone makes it even worse.

So what did Paul do then? Given he's intelligent.. Did he use his intelligence trying to sell the people for stupid?
    Do you know why he said that?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I love Hillary and hope she wins. She had a wonderful health care plan during her last campaign that was much better than Obamacare, in my opinion (not that I necessarily think Obamacare is bad per se, but it doesn't address issues of health care bloat).
    Every plan that exists only as a fantasy is better than Obamacare, pretty much. Obama himself endorsed a much better vision of health care in the run-up to his election than the one that actually came into being.

I'd love more parties. But its not going to start with "well maybe if more people voted for them".

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    You need to look into the debate laws in this country, I'll give you a hint: the debates are run by the two main political parties. Who have a strong interest in not letting anyone else in, both sides. This is t some wild conspiracy theory either; it is established fact.
    I'm aware, and I find it disgusting that they basically do everything possible to prevent other people from getting a fair chance to make their message known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Jill Stein is wonderful. I could see the viability of a Green Party candidate in the next decade.
    My only real issue with Stein is that the Green Party doesn't have enough traction to be a relevant factor, politically. If you're picking between Clinton and Stein, any vote for Stein is one less for Clinton, and unless Stein takes all Clinton's votes, you're splitting the vote and hurting both representatives. Unfortunate consequence of the US system.