Page 1 of 97
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hillary Clinton officially running for President

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...36319321407488

I'm running for president. Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion. –H https://www.hillaryclinton.com
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

I think this is great. Best possible president.

Well not a surprise. This is important though because it means electoral fundraising regulations kick in in full. A lot of politicians this year are flirting with the edges of FEC regulation by refusing to declare or register as "considering running" while still raising money.

I have abject contempt for her and I hope she fails miserably. I cannot fathom what other people see in her.

Deleted
    I love Hillary. I hope she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I have abject contempt for her and I hope she fails miserably. I cannot fathom what other people see in her.
    Her awfulness is marginally to appreciably less awful than our likely alternative. That's about it. Gonna be a shitty election cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be really fun for me. Give me at least three reasons that you feel the way that you do, backed up with facts and sources, please.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

She will never beat Obama in the primaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Wonder if Biden will run. If Biden, Warren, or Sanders runs it's going to be interesting. If none if the above run besides Hillary I would for for Hillary for sure.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Her awfulness is marginally to appreciably less awful than our likely alternative. That's about it. Gonna be a shitty election cycle.
    I vastly prefer Cuomo if he's an option.

This is the most positive thing you can say about Hillary Clinton while sticking to the truth.

It's not good enough to get me to vote for her, and it shouldn't be enough to get you to vote for her either.

Out of all the candidates running, she has to win or we are all doomed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I vastly prefer Cuomo if he's an option.
    Hmm I was referring to her GOP rivals. I just don't see much chance of another democrat getting the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    She will never beat Obama in the primaries.
    Huh?

/10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    This is going to be really fun for me. Give me at least three reasons that you feel the way that you do, backed up with facts and sources, please.
    1. I do not feel that she's genuinely earned her success through merit. Being married to a President isn't a qualification.
    2. I think she plainly lies on a regular basis. If you can't see this, I don't know what to tell you.
    3. I think she's so absurdly and obviously in bed with Wall Street interests and so completely disinterested in policies that benefit the middle class that I can't fathom why any liberal would vote for her in the primaries.

As a bonus, she voted for the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This is the most positive thing you can say about Hillary Clinton while sticking to the truth.

It's not good enough to get me to vote for her, and it shouldn't be enough to get you to vote for her either.
    I'm a pragmatist when the general election comes up. I want the Democrats to be further to the left, and the primary is when that needs to happen. When that first Tuesday comes around though my vote is based not just around getting the best outcome, but avoiding the worst one.

- - - Updated - - -

1. I do not feel that she's genuinely earned her success through merit. Being married to a President isn't a qualification.
    I mean....you're applying this standard to pretty much everyone then right? She's been a senator and SecState and has decades of policy experience. That's pretty qualified by the standards we've established as acceptable in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Huh?

/10 char
    Didn't you hear, Obama is running for a 3rd term!

http://www.truthorfiction.com/obama-3rd-term/

Was a rumor that started from a satirical website that certain special people took serious for a few days.

I don't care about politics and don't know anything about her other than she's Bill Clinton's wife.

But I want her to win so I can be like "Grandkids, I was there when the elected the first woman president!!!".

Is that dumb? Maybe.

I want a fucking scientist to run for President, then I will care. Someone who isn't religious and, ya know, actually makes decisions based on facts.

I mean....you're applying this standard to pretty much everyone then right? She's been a senator and SecState and has decades of policy experience. That's pretty qualified by the standards we've established as acceptable in this country.
    I don't think those posts were earned. I hate nepotism. I think she was objectively mediocre or worse at both jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I want a fucking scientist to run for President, then I will care.
    Ugh, no. Governing is a skill set. Being a scientist doesn't make you a good governor.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that she also served as a multi-term Senator and Secretary of State, right? She's more qualified than our current President (who, funnily enough, has proven that "merit" or "qualification" isn't even really that relevant to success in office).

2. I think she plainly lies on a regular basis. If you can't see this, I don't know what to tell you.
    You mean, like every other career politician? What specifically about her makes this special?

3. I think she's so absurdly and obviously in bed with Wall Street interests and so completely disinterested in policies that benefit the middle class that I can't fathom why any liberal would vote for her in the primaries.
    Positions change. Also, that statement literally applies to every single declared candidate so far.

As a bonus, she voted for the Iraq War.
    As did many others.

You literally did nothing to prove why Hillary *specifically* is a bad choice. You basically said "politicians are shit".
    ill probably be infracted for this post