What is ideal / BiS for disc priest raiding heroic/mythic

So im curious as to how i should gear, i have the full tier 17 set.

But what im wondering is it ideal to run the 4 pc for the bonus, or is it better to run a select 2 piece, and use non tier items in the legs slot i have http://www.wowhead.com/item=113970/t...gwraps&bonus=0 with socket, also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=113876/t...-grips&bonus=0 heroic.

So would i be better off using those 2 items in replace of my tier and break the 4 pc? im just curious how you guys raiding heroic/mythic are thinking gear wise, im not sure how valuable the 4 pc is, would love to hear everyones advice.

Also what fights are ideal for CoW and what fights are better for words of mending?
    Last edited by Rekrul; 2015-04-12 at 11:33 PM.

Depends on the fight, I'm only 5/10 Mythic, but I have only found myself using the 4piece set on a fight like Gruul, when it's not necessarily a bad idea to cast more than one Prayer of Healing per AA because of the limited movement required during the encounter. That said, looking at the logs I only casted PoH 12 times, so I'm not sure how much I benefited from dropping ~400ish mastery (Slagbombers Hood(Has/Mas) + Toothbreaker Grips (Has/Mas)) for Tier Head(Crit/Has) + Tier Gloves(Has/Mult).

In regards to CoW, I guess it depends on your healing comp or tank comp, as my healing team has a Paladin, I tend not to need to focus on tank healing with CoW, and I just focus on reducing raid damage with shields.

Deleted
    Depends on your comp. If you feel you can get enough second PoH out within 6 secs after popping AA, and it wont overheal it could be worth. But from my own experience and others thats not very often. Socket legs and those hands are better stat wise.

CoW i only used on H+F and Thogar on heroic, mostly cause there isn´t a whole lot to heal and with the crippeling suplex and split face tanks can take quite some damage. You have to see yourself if its worth it, but other fights you will generally just gimp yourself by using CoW as you are just to good at preventing raid damage. But this depense if you got a holy pala (or 2) and bad tanks or not.

I had the impression that the 4p bonus is mostly bad because you need to cast PoH right away after activation of AA to make use of it i.e. you cant activate AA, spam shields before raid damage and PoH when the damage starts coming in. CoW is unusable on most mythic fights in my experience - even on Hans and Franz WoM might be better unless you are 100% confident on your mlg stamper movement.

Personally I am going for 2x mythic tier pieces and filling the rest with best stats available. Probably going for shoulders and pants (havent downed M BF yet tho).

Deleted
    Since BiS is usually what you get when you've cleared the content and the gear that you're wearing during progress might be a whole different, it's not really worth talking about former.
    Speaking for me: I ran with 2P bonus and picked up all that shiny ilvl 700 gear with versatility everyone else didn't want to have because they couldn't drop their 4P bonus. Even though versatility "sucks", having 40+ more int on a couple of item slots (Helmet, Legs, ...) will make a huge difference in throughput.

As stated before, 4P might safe you a 400 Spirit equivalent of mana regen when used "properly", but there are to less situations where you actually can. There is also nothing wrong with puting on Spirit gear on Cloak/Neck/Ring instead if you feel that you're lacking mana. For same reasons as stated before: Int being your superior throughput boost and thus itemlevel > all and the ability to leave non-spirit gear to your dps. It's also a question of proper loot allocation.

CoW: If you bring at least one Monk tank, it's almost always unnecessary to use it. For Mythic Progression, I only ran it on Flamebender (there's nothing else to do and WoM won't shine here) Maidens (Warlock Blade Dash Strategy + Marak Enrage + Dark Hunt + Blood Soakers -> Compulsory on this fight) and Blackhand Mythic (Preshielding balcony guys)
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-04-13 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Long term plan would be to pick up all offpieces and all 5 sets of tier in case something changes.

The 4set is really situational, and won't be worth much unless you utilize it.

Personally I run 4set and 0 spirit on items with 1 regen trinket (chew toy) - Only reason this works is because it is farm, and you can whore like a bitch, for progress I recommend taking a bit more spirit than you find required, and go with 4set if you raidwide healing. If the group is actually fine and your 4set is just going to limit the other healers, I'd just take 2set and shield people that would incomming damage.

Think of blast furnace, despite foreman doing constant raid wide aoe ticking damage to every1, your raid wouldn't benifit much from you starting to Prayer of Healing for the divine aegis, the damage is low enough for your shaman/monk to take care of that kind of stuff, focus on shielding people with volatile debuff, and make sure they don't get immediate death to 2x volatile fire > blast.