Focusing Shot as BM

Is there any viability to this? I wanna play BM but I hate how focus starved it is compared to Survival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    Is there any viability to this? I wanna play BM but I hate how focus starved it is compared to Survival.
    viable... you can spec into it and still do "decent" damage, but it is far far away from being competitive with Adaptation on any boss in BRF unless some gimmick scenario

the struggle with focusing shot as bm is the fact that you do not deal as much damage by yourself with the arcane shots you are going to get, but if you like playing a spammy spec why not just keep playing SV? I take it you arent in a top 1% guild which is fine but all specs are competitive enough that if you are not enjoying a spec you should play what will make you enjoy it you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    the struggle with focusing shot as bm is the fact that you do not deal as much damage by yourself with the arcane shots you are going to get, but if you like playing a spammy spec why not just keep playing SV? I take it you arent in a top 1% guild which is fine but all specs are competitive enough that if you are not enjoying a spec you should play what will make you enjoy it you know?
    I do like Survival, and play it well in my opinion, I just feel like trying out the other specs, though im having trouble getting used to BM

When I first switched, I felt very focus starved. Once you get out of the habit of spending all your focus like you could in SV, you'll start doing a lot better. I try not to ever dip below about 40 focus, that way you'll always be able to use Kill Command on cooldown, and have very little issue using Barrage when it becomes available. Also, try to only use Arcane Shot when you're close to focus capping.

Worth mentioning as well that BM with Adaptation plays a lot better than Survival with Lone Wolf does, with regards to focus (larger bar, regen from pet, and usually higher haste so more passive regen too). So if you think focus sucks with BM then play Survival with Lone Wolf for a bit before swapping over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    Worth mentioning as well that BM with Adaptation plays a lot better than Survival with Lone Wolf does, with regards to focus (larger bar, regen from pet, and usually higher haste so more passive regen too). So if you think focus sucks with BM then play Survival with Lone Wolf for a bit before swapping over.
    They're just different in how they function. With BM it's just slower getting it back most of the time, even with SF up. With SV you Focusing Shot till you get to max then you can spam a bit down to almost nothing and build it back up quickly, it's several extremes in sequence. With BM you spend most of your time never touching Arcane Shot and keeping your focus up reasonably high for all your important stuff and when BW pops you go nuts with spamming whatever you can fit into that amount of time.

This is my problem right now, I'm too used to Focusing Shot. I understand that you can play whichever spec you feel most comfortable with #puglife but I also want to be the very best. I take great enjoyment of outdpsing a BM as SV :P "suck it, you FOTM spec"

Quote Originally Posted by lanilani26 View Post
    This is my problem right now, I'm too used to Focusing Shot. I understand that you can play whichever spec you feel most comfortable with #puglife but I also want to be the very best. I take great enjoyment of outdpsing a BM as SV :P "suck it, you FOTM spec"
    wait till you start playing with only lw again, or go back to MM. It is a huge ball game to remember focus management when before focus management just meant not moving for 2 seconds to cast 1 FS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    They're just different in how they function. With BM it's just slower getting it back most of the time, even with SF up. With SV you Focusing Shot till you get to max then you can spam a bit down to almost nothing and build it back up quickly, it's several extremes in sequence. With BM you spend most of your time never touching Arcane Shot and keeping your focus up reasonably high for all your important stuff and when BW pops you go nuts with spamming whatever you can fit into that amount of time.
    You have to explain me the trick for almostnever touched arcane.My focus get capped prety regular.Should i have to keep it on cap or to blow some AS?
    I suspect that FS will become mandratory once we get the new TR bonuses