Combat for M Hans and Franz

how do you guys play combat for hans and franz in mythic? can you get hit by the stampers if you're in killing spree? it seems that if you hit a stamper at anytime if its down you take damage from it so when can you or should you not use killing spree?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remery View Post
    how do you guys play combat for hans and franz in mythic? can you get hit by the stampers if you're in killing spree? it seems that if you hit a stamper at anytime if its down you take damage from it so when can you or should you not use killing spree?
    Use KS as soon as you go into a normal stamper phase seems to work for me. Generally for safety I avoid using KS during smart stampers as during progress we were having a lot of issues with our KS bouncing us onto the belt behind us or to the right of us, even if it was on single target.

Just a shit fight overall for combat really.

Yeah, I am progressing on this fight right now and playing combat is such a horrible experience. You pretty much need to find the points where you can use killing spree, and only use them there. Killing spree on a smart stamper phase will usually result in either you dying or you wiping the entire raid because a stamper got activated that shouldn't have.

The minor glyph for killing spree needs to be changed to just give you control of your character and have the damage happen from some shadow figure or whatever.

This fight is so frustrating I'm tempted to respec to mut for better numbers on this fight and a much easier life

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    This fight is so frustrating I'm tempted to respec to mut for better numbers on this fight and a much easier life
    This is literally exactly what I'm about to do. Killing Spree is just shit for Mythic fights :/

Deleted
    I played combat for H&F when we progressed it and for our first kill, but last week I decided I'd try sub for the first time, and actually got a lot better results than I did previously with combat. Sure, there are times where you have a hard time backstabbing during stampers, but you can usually pool energy and drop a hemo or two to avoid capping at those times.

You can check my logs, link is in signature. Admittedly, I did rank 25 or something as sub for that fight, so it might not be the most fair assessment.

To answer your question about combat; use KS on CD, but not when you risk getting gibbed by a stamper. Definitely postpone KS for smart stamper phases, you don't want to activate the wrong stamper and waste a try under any circumstances.

I don't get what the problem with not using KS is. Even if you lose up to 5% of your potential dps as Combat due to underusing KS, you're still going to do at least similar amount of damage (or more) than if you played other spec, assuming you can play all specs equally well. And aside from KS issue, Combat is a very low maintenance spec for that fight.
    Opinion is based on WCL stats and a bit of personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzawolf View Post
    This is literally exactly what I'm about to do. Killing Spree is just shit for Mythic fights :/
    Killme Spree is just shit in general.

Deleted
    I played Assass for my first kill on this fight. Since it was alot easier to dps and focus on the stampers as they can be intimidating at first. Also you continue to dps a target even when it jumps away.

However for farm now i just play Sub.

Keep your bleeds up on the target and use FoK as a builder.

But im 100% sure you can play combat just as well on that fight just takes some getting used to.

Don't play combat for HnF. Both of the other specs are better.

Combat isn't that bad as long as you use killing spree right before smart stampers. That way your killing spree will be up after smart stampers ends, ready to be used while they transition.

I found sub frustrating to play due to poor backstab angles myself. Depends how good your tanks are at dragging the bosses out of the smart stampers.