Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I am horrified how many genuine simpletons there are that really believe that "conservative" necessarily means despicable bigots. It's like watching people who live in a cartoon of reality and not the thing itself. The world will go on just fine ignoring sentiments like the LCD thinkers who write off 35-45% of the country as "despicable bigots even if it means they have to vomit repeatedly on election night. Welcome to the election, Sen. Rubio.
    I did not say conservatives are all despicable bigots. But said individuals constitute a fair portion of the Republican base - essentially shackling it to the extreme right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering the dicks he has had to fight against in congress, the economy is doing rather well. And thanks to Republicans we have to go back into Iraq AGAIN. It wouldn't be in the piss poor shape it is in now if we didn't invade FOR NO FUCKING REASON.
    The Republicans pulled the plug on our presence in Iraq with no particular fucks to give about what would happen after? You know, if someone gets stabbed, you can't just say "YOLO", pull the dagger out, watch the person bleed to death, and then shrug and say "oh well, stabber's fault". There's blame enough to go around in that situation, and there's blame enough to share for the post-drawdown shitstorm that is "Iraq". Besides, the Republicans didn't back the overthrow of Mubarek (who had all the things Democrats said we should like about Saddam, and was actually an ally instead of a gadfly) for the radical Islamist Muslim Brotherhood. The Republicans didn't fiddle while Libya and Yemen became failed states.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    It's time for some political spring over there for you Americans.

This guy isn't it.
    They tried that last year with Tea Party idiots. It didn't go too well. Rain stopped their little excursion. They claimed up to 10 million people were going to show up, they didn't get more than 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I did not say conservatives are all despicable bigots. But said individuals constitute a fair portion of the Republican base - essentially shackling it to the extreme right.
    Base-rate fallacy in the hizzle.

This simultaneously means nothing and happens to be a representation of how I think this campaign will go:

But... but.. Oil...
    That didn't go to us.

But... but.. Oil...
    What oil, though? Show me that Iraqi oil that the US plundered. We're their, like, 7th or 8th biggest client, we don't even get a break on the price. You'd think a war for oil would have actually yielded... as for example... oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh I love the smell of politics in the morning..... well it's night but still.... nothing like the burned out husks of pundits to wake you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I don't follow politics much, but a couple of years ago I figured it'd be Rubio vs Clinton on the final ballot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    What oil, though? Show me that Iraqi oil that the US plundered. We're their, like, 7th or 8th biggest client, we don't even get a break on the price. You'd think a war for oil would have actually yielded... as for example... oil.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Didactic-"I disagree with them ,therefore they are bigots"
    Thats the typical teabagger excuse for being bigots everyone calls us out for it and we just dont like that so we start crying about it like teabaggers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Thats the typical teabagger excuse for being bigots everyone calls us out for it and we just dont like that so we start crying about it like teabaggers
    Conservatives love to play the victim card when they're called out for their transparent racism, misogyny, homophobia and anti-sceince positions. What else can they do but try to make excuses for their poor behavior?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time for some political spring over there for you Americans.

This guy isn't it.
    We had that, about a year ago.....
    http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/...epic-fail.html
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Complains about bigotry. Repeatedly calls people that disagree politically teabaggers. Which is itself a epithet based on sexual practice. Because complaining about bigotry.

Heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    "...patriotic Americans..."

Aaaaand I stopped reading. (not really. The tweets were pretty funny though)

10+ Year Old Account
    "...patriotic Americans..."

Aaaaand I stopped reading.
    NO!!!!!! Read it..... You have to...... it's comedy gold.
    Also the tweets at the bottom lol
    Actually we have a thread about it, and some forum member called in on some internet radio broadcast of some of those AS nuts, suggesting the next leader should be Garrosh Hellscream.... It was funny as hell..

Found the thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...merican+SPring
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2015-04-14 at 12:56 AM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Not sure what distinguishes him from the base GOP model.

Ah, the continuing adventures of Florida Man!

Anti-abortion
    Anti-gay marriage
    Anti-decriminalization or legalization of marijuana
    Pro-PATRIOT act, voted in favor of expanding its power
    Pro-flat tax
    Climate change denier

Yeah he has some good positions, like being anti-gun control, but gun control is just a soundbyte anyway. He supports compromising on the DREAM Act only because he understands that the Republicans are killing themselves with Hispanic voters over it, not out of some genuine sense of morality. He sucks, and even better, not being staunchly opposed to the DREAM Act is one of the things that's going to murder his candidacy, so one of the only likable things about him is also what will sink him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Ah, the continuing adventures of Florida Man!
    Mild Mannered Senator by Day.....Raging Hate Machine By Night.