Thread: 6.2 Rogue Buffs

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OP is wrong about his Sanguinary Vein analysis. It is a buff to rupture damage and not the damage done part.

As far as I read it this is going to be a sub nerf. I wonder what nerf the rest of the dps classes will get when the best single target spec we have gets nerfed.

/noob

Quote Originally Posted by Noobtank View Post
    OP is wrong about his Sanguinary Vein analysis. It is a buff to rupture damage and not the damage done part.

As far as I read it this is going to be a sub nerf. I wonder what nerf the rest of the dps classes will get when the best single target spec we have gets nerfed.

/noob
    Uh, how do you figure that.

Sanguinary Vein now causes the Rogue to deal 30% more damage to targets affected by Rupture (up from 25%).

The current damage increase to targets that are afflicted by rupture is 25% on live. So 25% to 30% would suggest that, like it actually says in the patch notes, its an increase to the total damage done component of SV, not the rupture component.

The rupture damage is only increased by 10% on live. So if it were the rupture component being buffed, it would be 30% up from 10%.

That Subtlety 4 piece bonus... Too delicious.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Wait is I rea that right ! Devs did good for rogues ?
    One of the best looking mogs and buffed

Can't wait to try that 4piece out, so much FW uptime !

That is a huge nerf to combat pvp though.

Rupture damage increase from SV is up. Not the flat damage increase.

Sanguinary Vein Increases the damage of your Rupture ability by 10% 30% and causes you to deal 25% additional damage to targets afflicted by your Rupture, Garrote, or Crimson Tempest. Rogue - Subtlety Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    Rupture damage increase from SV is up. Not the flat damage increase.
    Is this in a datamined string? I'm going to take the patch notes at face value until they are corrected, if this is indeed the case. Wouldn't be the first time a datamined string was incorrect.

Either or, the buffs are similar in strength seeing as rupture is like, 20% of your damage.
    Last edited by KiwifruitOCE; 2015-04-14 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Just had a quick calculation going from my previous logs at between 80-96th percentile and the 4piece looks to give roughly 10-12% extra FW uptime not to sure how the mastery nerf will affect the overall damage though

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    Just had a quick calculation going from my previous logs at between 80-96th percentile and the 4piece looks to give roughly 10-12% extra FW uptime not to sure how the mastery nerf will affect the overall damage though
    The mastery nerf is very small, I only think it will only give MS a higher value over mastery and maybe Crit/Vers being slightly more even to Mastery? But yeah, still think MS/Mastery is the way to go with these changes so far, just MS being a higher value. The rest of the things is just huge for Sub, set bonuses, the class specific trinket and then the direct buffs aswell.

Could be that haste has a huge effect on sub with the 4pc. Would be nice if haste/multi could be the top stats for both the usual specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    Is this in a datamined string? I'm going to take the patch notes at face value until they are corrected, if this is indeed the case. Wouldn't be the first time a datamined string was incorrect.

Either or, the buffs are similar in strength seeing as rupture is like, 20% of your damage.
    The pure rupture damage increase is a lot bigger than the 5% extra damage bonus. Based on this I will prolly have to retract my earlier statement about all this being a sub nerf. It is more likely a buff.

/noob

I think people are getting a bit over excited about the tier bonus for sub. Are we sure the numbers listed aren't just placeholders since someone said on their Gruul kill it would have given them near 100% uptime on Find Weakness? Have you guys looked at some of the other ones?

Item - Mage T18 Arcane 2P Bonus (New) Your Arcane Blast has a 20,000% chance to reduce the cooldown of your Presence of Mind by 20 sec.

Item - Warlock T18 Demonology 2P Bonus (New) Your Soul Fire increases the damage done by your Demons by 5,000% for until cancelled.

So rogues ware performing bad during the first raid tier and got buffed in the second major patch?

Never heard this story happen.

I'll look forward to a 6.4 patch where rogues will be all over the Recounts.

Anyway, nice buffs for people playing keep up our name.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    I think people are getting a bit over excited about the tier bonus for sub. Are we sure the numbers listed aren't just placeholders since someone said on their Gruul kill it would have given them near 100% uptime on Find Weakness? Have you guys looked at some of the other ones?
    I imagine it'll be changed since you'd be able to vanish every 3-4 evis. With the vanish bug glyph you'd be pushing 100% uptime. That would be kinda cool.

Deleted
    2p bonus for combat can be nice if proc rate will be reasonable, not like tier 16 4p for sub when u got like 2 extra ambushes during whole soo clear.

Deleted
    I retract my statement, just reread patch notes and saw it -5sec for each combo point used, my calcs where set for 5sec per eviscerate meaning the 4pc is more op then I originally stated

Deleted
    Overall huge buffs. I think it's obvious that sub is buffed hugely when you take 4p into account.

Im looking forward to seeing combat results, as I have a harder time imagine it's result. How often does the 4sec AR proc? How big will the ripple effect be? Lets say you get in 3x4sec AR between every big AR. The extra Evis you get from those 3x4sec AR's will decrease the big AR's cooldown much more. Also does the 4sec AR get the 10% damage from 4set?

Alot of talk about how big sub buffs are, which is correct. However I feel combat could also be very strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RasmusS View Post
    Overall huge buffs. I think it's obvious that sub is buffed hugely when you take 4p into account.

Im looking forward to seeing combat results, as I have a harder time imagine it's result. How often does the 4sec AR proc? How big will the ripple effect be? Lets say you get in 3x4sec AR between every big AR. The extra Evis you get from those 3x4sec AR's will decrease the big AR's cooldown much more. Also does the 4sec AR get the 10% damage from 4set?

Alot of talk about how big sub buffs are, which is correct. However I feel combat could also be very strong.
    Combat could be strong but I will never take it over sub in mythic progression due to killmespree

Deleted
    Combat could be strong but I will never take it over sub in mythic progression due to killmespree
    On Singletarget I would never, but multitarget fights for sure. If you know how and when to use KS you can greatly reduce the risks and as far as no risk.

Deleted
    No way sub set bonus numbers go unchanged, 4set would be completely broken, basically a vanish every four eviscerates is far too strong.
    Last edited by mmoc6a0d3971c0; 2015-04-14 at 11:22 AM.