Thread: 6.2 Rogue Buffs

Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

6.2 Rogue Buffs

so we get another bunch of buffs what are your predictions ? will we be the bottom of the pack again after thy retune all other classes and forget about rogues after buffing them ? also i love how they kill combat pvp with the nerf of KS cc immunity well looks like pvp is dead ?

Assassination:

Envenom now deals 30% more damage.
    Mutilate now deals 30% more damage.

Combat:

Sinister Strike now deals 10% more damage.
    Eviscerate now deals 10% more damage.
    Mastery: Main Gauche has increased in effectiveness by 10%.
    Killing Spree no longer prevents the Rogue from being targeted or grant immunity from crowd-control effects. Additionally, the effect is now cancelled if the Rogue is crowd-controlled.

Subtlety:

Mastery: Executioner has decreased in effectiveness by 8%.
    Backstab now deals 20% more damage.
    Sanguinary Vein now causes the Rogue to deal 30% more damage to targets affected by Rupture (up from 25%).

Talents
    Shuriken Toss now deals 53% more autoattack damage. Additionally, fixed a bug that caused hits made with offhand weapons to deal 15% more damage than intended.

Added T18 Bonuses:

Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 2P Bonus (New) Your Dispatch deals 15% additional damage as Poison damage.
    Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 4P Bonus (New) Your Dispatch now generates 1 Combo Points.

Item - Rogue T18 Combat 2P Bonus (New) You have a chance while Slice and Dice is active to again the Adrenaline Rush effect for 4 sec.
    Item - Rogue T18 Combat 4P Bonus (New) Damage done during Adrenailine Rush increased by 10%.

Item - Rogue T18 Subtlety 2P Bonus (New) Your Vanish now awards 2 Combo Points when used.
    Item - Rogue T18 Subtlety 4P Bonus (New) Your Eviscerate reduces the cooldown of your Vanish by 5 sec per Combo Point used.

Added Class Specific Trinkets credits to Kaite:

Subtlety: Increases the damage of Ambush and Garrote by 75%.
    Assassination: Envenom also increases the critical strike chance of Mutilate and Dispatch by 30%.
    Combat: Your Eviscerate now hurls a blade at the target, with a 20 yard range, and deals 60% additional damage.

Source: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124520/b...rinket&bonus=0
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2015-04-16 at 01:29 AM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

PVE'er here... ROGUE BUFFS FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    truly we really really did need it. warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#

they really need to fix killing spree so u can cancel it or be in control of your character for pve

Deleted
    If you are at the bottom of the pack right now, you're doing a lot of things wrong.

On topic : Idk why they list SS and Eviscerate on Assassination but oh well. Subtlety changes look like a buff, will have to wait for sim results. Assassination was buffed less than I expected, thought they would butcher Sub to get people to play sin.

Kinda sad about the Killing Spree nerf, was fun cheesing few mechanics with it, curse you pvp!

I have no idea what they're trying to do with Shuriken Toss, I'd love it to be a viable alternative in fights with lowish uptime though.

All im saying is.... Rogue buffs.... warlock nerfs.... there are gods in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    If you are at the bottom of the pack right now, you're doing a lot of things wrong.

On topic : Idk why they list SS and Eviscerate on Assassination but oh well. Subtlety changes look like a buff, will have to wait for sim results. Assassination was buffed less than I expected, thought they would butcher Sub to get people to play sin.

Kinda sad about the Killing Spree nerf, was fun cheesing few mechanics with it, curse you pvp!

I have no idea what they're trying to do with Shuriken Toss, I'd love it to be a viable alternative in fights with lowish uptime though.
    well it's not my personal problem since i play quite good at around 90-95th perecentile but still get beaten by ppl with 70th so yeah thats that. what im trying to say is they buffed rogues thats true but we need those buffs why do they buff hunters ? i know it might be just be a couple of buffs and couple of nerfs but hunturds are in a great spot right now so why buff them even more ?
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2015-04-14 at 02:42 AM.

The assassination buffs are weak

If they are going to kill killing spree pvp fix it in pve at least. Make killing spree not cc you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    If they are going to kill killing spree pvp fix it in pve at least. Make killing spree not cc you anymore.
    i hope this only applies to pvp and not pve if they nerf it for both then holy shit there will be a small shitstorm coming at them .... since we are so many rogues left there is not enough manpower for a huge shitstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    The assassination buffs are weak
    that was my second thought after reading the patch notes, my first thought was r.i.p combat pvp

assassination 4pc is weak and those buffs are weak.

Combat will be strong

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post

It just needs to go in a new tier. I tried it a few times on H Thok farm for funsies, it's just too hard to replace such critical DPS abilities with Shuriken Toss....now give it to me over like...combat readiness. Then we'll get some nifty uses.

How do u get the T18 set bonuses? Just curious cuz I cant find it anywhere in the patch note
    Edit: NVM, found it on the front page.
    Last edited by malcolmlu; 2015-04-14 at 03:24 AM.

Deleted
    Sub will be strong in PvP again, and combat will be in the shitter. How it should be tbh, combat at the moment is criminally dumb.

Deleted
    Sub 4pc looks pretty nice. Wonder if that will push shadow focus ahead of subterfuge + GoV (assuming they don't fix it).

They need to stop buffing all three specs at the same time, if they want people to play Assassination. It's always going to be behind the other two.

Interesting sub 4 pc. Thats going to add another dimension to an already complicated spec, I like it.

Keen to mainspec Combat full time with buffs and new 4p, curious if the 2p AD will be buffed by 4p. Curious to see the end end result.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    They need to stop buffing all three specs at the same time, if they want people to play Assassination. It's always going to be behind the other two.
    the problem is all 3 specs lack damage compared to other classes but thats their own fault overbuffing some classes resulted in rogues lacking behind.

There are also new class-specific trinkets, too.

Subtlety: Increases the damage of Ambush and Garrote by 75%.
    Assassination: Envenom also increases the critical strike chance of Mutilate and Dispatch by 30%.
    Combat: Your Eviscerate now hurls a blade at the target, with a 20 yard range, and deals 60% additional damage.

puu . sh/hdhlZ/46916c7240.png

These are the normal versions of the trinket, but judging by the numbers on trinkets for other classes, the percentages probably will be changed.
    Last edited by Kaite; 2015-04-14 at 03:42 AM.

think the sub changes are pretty dps neutral