Thread: 6.2 Rogue Buffs

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi folks,

I started skimming this thread hoping to get some idea of how viable Assasination is going to be in 6.2, but got bogged down by all the digressions.

Could someone give me the TLDR on whether Mut is going to be competitive again, or is it (yet again) going to be horrible due to lack of AoE.

Thanks! x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisFM View Post
    Hi folks,

I started skimming this thread hoping to get some idea of how viable Assasination is going to be in 6.2, but got bogged down by all the digressions.

Could someone give me the TLDR on whether Mut is going to be competitive again, or is it (yet again) going to be horrible due to lack of AoE.

Thanks! x
    Looks like the go to specs will be mut/combat due to the types of fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    Looks like the go to specs will be mut/combat due to the types of fight
    Yep, but I guess it will stay sub/combat until you obtain the trinket. (and probably 2 pieces of t18?).

Would be pretty disappointed with blizzard if they leave it the way it is. Having a single piece of gear make such a drastic difference is stupid.

I'm all for mut having its day again, but not like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    Would be pretty disappointed with blizzard if they leave it the way it is. Having a single piece of gear make such a drastic difference is stupid.

I'm all for mut having its day again, but not like this.
    Same here. Basically, it's "your gameplay experience will not be coherent until later in the raid tier."

They won't change it. Look at Windwalker Monks and the trinket from Lei Shen in ToT. Completely changed the way a WW played and geared their character. It was known all through the PTR and was abused all during ToT progression. It wasn't until SoO they changed WW mastery and effectively killed the trinket for them.

Deleted
    Like the trinket from Sha of Pride in SoO. Without that Combat was more or less useless, with it Combat was balls to the walls crazy good!

Nerfs all around:
    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 2P Bonus Your Dispatch deals 45% 25% additional damage as Nature damage.
    Item - Rogue T18 Combat 4P Bonus Increases your damage while Adrenaline Rush is active by 25%. 15%.
    Item - Rogue T18 Subtlety 4P Bonus Your Eviscerate and Rupture reduce the cooldown of your Vanish by 2 1 sec per Combo Point used.

7+ Year Old Account
    yep bliz hates rogues it seems this is going to be 2 raid tiers now lol, just looking at everyone else to ours is like wow! we got the blunt end of the stick once again. lol

That Subtlety 4P was expected to be 1 sec per CP at the end of the day. Strange it took Blizz so long to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    That Subtlety 4P was expected to be 1 sec per CP at the end of the day. Strange it took Blizz so long to realize it.
    We did enjoy dreaming about 30 second cd reducing eviscerates.

I really would have liked this to stay at 2 seconds per cp to match combat's cd reduction, just so it feels similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    So the set bonuses may have been strong but that seems to be the theme these days. I mean MM gets an instant cast aimed shot. My concern here is that Blizzard seems to be using the set bonuses to tweek the pve scene now. When they said a few weeks ago balancing wasn't finished yet, I think this is exactly what they meant right here; tweeking set bonuses. In which case the strongest specs on the PTR right now haven't even been touched, in some cases they've been buffed. Is this going to be a repeat of 6.1 where Rogues get buffed but everyone else gets buffed more? Because it kind of feels like it right now.

Deleted
    Starting from 5s to finish (?) at 1s. What a letdown.
    Last edited by mmoc7e33815abd; 2015-06-03 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FrontStab View Post
    Nerfs all around:
    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Item - Rogue T18 Assassination 2P Bonus Your Dispatch deals 45% 25% additional damage as Nature damage.
    Item - Rogue T18 Combat 4P Bonus Increases your damage while Adrenaline Rush is active by 25%. 15%.
    Item - Rogue T18 Subtlety 4P Bonus Your Eviscerate and Rupture reduce the cooldown of your Vanish by 2 1 sec per Combo Point used.
    No nerf but buff for arcane mages, survival hunters, WW monks, Retadins, shadow priests, shamans, warloks and warriors... So, this is a rogue double nerf as if cutting in two our set bonuses was not enough...

The next setp, when they wake up, is to nerf the Archimonde rogue trinket.

EDIT : in the last LFR run I did, there were 7 hunters.. seven ! Wow ! The last time I've seen so much hunters was in Vanilla when raid size was 40.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2015-06-03 at 05:35 AM.

Does 10 seconds off a vanish change anything really? Max 1 vanish more per fight and that is no guarantee

Tested every single PTR boss with US Top 25 players, Rogues were solid, but not enough to nerf bonuses from all three specs. Whoever controls the majority of their Rogue tuning must be a pretty interesting individual.

I guess we'll have another fun tier of doing every terrible job (See: Mythic Blackhand pre-nerf) because of our "amazing utility" of spamming Feint in-between major CDs.

Not that it was ever any good for sub rogues, but they can remove the sub effect of the archimonde trinket now. Why should anyone use it?

Im fine with monk, warrior and paladin buffs though, but did arcane mages really need a buff?

Hunters and Mages with the love, nothing ever changes.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Deleted
    next patch notes
    Eviscerate and rupture adds an extra second to your vanish cool down going by blitz standard

Don't get why we get nerfed further and everyone else gets a buff also the need to deadly throw now means that tier is completely worthless, not that it was anyhow anyway but there isn't anything worth using now

Deleted
    I would really like to see some Simulationcraft comparison of the specs as it stands on PTR right now. Maybe when taking into account scaling and encounter mechanics, some balancing might have been in order. But so far it seems kinda random. From my PTR mythic testing experience, there's no need to buff mages, unless you expect them to do more than double damage of the next dps.
    Last edited by mmoc12440bec32; 2015-06-03 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo