Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never paid attention to it if I'm honest. Nice to know.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    What is the point of the AMS change?
    Totally agree.. AMS worked fine, well ofc I appreciate getting buffed, but still, DK tanks are allready way above other types of tanks, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's all just agree UH and BLOOD is OP, Frost had to be buffed. This was no suprise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skovisen View Post
    Totally agree.. AMS worked fine, well ofc I appreciate getting buffed, but still, DK tanks are allready way above other types of tanks, IMO.
    Well, if we're ignoring the problem among tanks since mop, monks.

UH OP? I didn't know that being above average was OP now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Well, if we're ignoring the problem among tanks since mop, monks.

UH OP? I didn't know that being above average was OP now.
    Things change around here, my friend. And besides, monks are getting heavily raped by Blizz in 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Skovisen View Post
    Things change around here, my friend. And besides, monks are getting heavily raped by Blizz in 6.2
    It still probably won't be enough, because short of making them unviable the only thing that will fix monks is a change to stagger at it's core.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It still probably won't be enough, because short of making them unviable the only thing that will fix monks is a change to stagger at it's core.
    They did. Monk can't stagger special attacks which ignore armor now.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nglive View Post
    They did. Monk can't stagger special attacks which ignore armor now.
    That's dependent on blizzard having that in mind for every future mechanic, which is not going to happen.

That's dependent on blizzard having that in mind for every future mechanic, which is not going to happen.
    I'm sorry I'm never one to nitpick or start what has a high chance of erupting into a flame war but what a stupid statement, what does that actually even mean? Are you implying that Blizzard will specifically make special attacks which ignore armor but are specifically able to be staggered?

That aside, form what I've heard from our tanks and those of other guilds that have done testing it seems to be that 'things that aren't prot pallys' are relatively close so far in 6.2. The issue with prot pallys being that they still take unmitigated hits, and do so with less base dr than warriors.
    Last edited by Ktz385; 2015-05-08 at 06:11 PM.
    Rambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktz385 View Post
    I'm sorry I'm never one to nitpick or start what has a high chance of erupting into a flame war but what a stupid statement, what does that actually even mean? Are you implying that Blizzard will specifically make special attacks which ignore armor but are specifically able to be staggered?

That aside, form what I've heard from our tanks and those of other guilds that have done testing it seems to be that 'things that aren't prot pallys' are relatively close so far in 6.2. The issue with prot pallys being that they still take unmitigated hits, and do so with less base dr than warriors.
    No, I'm saying the opposite - blizzard has and will add more mechanics that are mitigated by armor. Fun fact - monks will break those fights if the damage is at all serious. Monks seem fine until something does generally 'untankable' damage, then monks are suddenly able to tank it still due to stagger mechanics. That is the issue, and why it needs a core redesign.

Deleted
    are you able to test the new tier sets yet on ptr? anyone know if the unholy 4 set changes the look of you/ghoul?
    Last edited by mmoce2b41f6135; 2015-05-11 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    are you able to test the new ti9er sets yet on ptr? anyone know if the unholy 4 set changes the look of you/ghoul?
    No, but let me guess, ghoul will keep the same model as the usual monstrosity but slightly larger and redder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    No, but let me guess, ghoul will keep the same model as the usual monstrosity but slightly larger and redder.
    It actually transforms your ghoul into the same model but with a purple colouration rather than a green one.

For reference:

Last edited by mmoc72436dfff2; 2015-05-12 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    It actually transforms your ghoul into the same model but with a purple colouration rather than a green one.

For reference:

SICK...not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas7074 View Post
    SICK...not.
    Its better than it just having a red tint though, I suppose, it will probably stand out if the scenery in the new raid is green and black.

Err. Looks like a red tint to me. Is there something I'm missing?

I guess it could be purple-ish. Is that so much better?

I'm not colorblind, I took an internet test and everything!

Deleted
    Hope it changes the DK in any way :/

That's pretty bland...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Err. Looks like a red tint to me. Is there something I'm missing?

I guess it could be purple-ish. Is that so much better?

I'm not colorblind, I took an internet test and everything!
    Yeah I'm not entirely sure "tint" was the word I was looking for, I meant the style of the old trinket procs where your character literally just turned dark red.

Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post

For reference:

<snip img>
    Haha, see? My guess was pretty much correct. I guess it is too hard for the devs to grab a bad ass undead model and replace it with the default monstrosity.

Something interesting from the PTR:

This is a pretty regular pre-execute damage breakdown for 2H Frost from one of my pulls on Mythic Fel Lord Zakuun at 720 ilevel (pure single-target). What caught my eye was the average damage of Frost Strike vs. Breath. At 1662 damage per runic power vs. Breath's 1813 damage per runic power Frost Strike isn't far behind and I do have to wonder what these figures are going to look like with a weapon of 730 or higher ilevel. For reference here's a log from retail at 702 ilevel with Breath clearly being ahead.

With that said, if we do indeed drop BoS due Frost Strike being more efficient at expending runic power, I do have to wonder whether Defile will be an option either. With Reaper's Harvest increasing Obliterate's damage by easily upwards of 60% with the current numbers we may be left with NP as the only option for 2H single-target.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL