Deleted

Baleful Trinkets useful at all?

Hey all, currently playing DW Frost and as most ppl know, Crit is pretty terrible for us, which made me wonder, is a 695 baleful trinket with mastery (291 str + 291 mastery) better then Tectus' Beating Heart (Mythic)? I'm unsure about this because despite crit not being great, flat stat trinkets are generally pretty bad. anyone know?

Deleted
    Hi Kilidan,

when i ask MrRobot the Baleful Trinket is actually a tad better. Since i'm not a great theory crafter on dps' since i only play tank normally, i guess the 291 mastery gives you more overall frost-damage and since you've got Killing Machine (to the point of almost permanent procs with the 4pc Setbonus of T18 later on) the Crit is kinda wasted. Also, the Mythic trinket does have less Strength, even though its a negligible amount - but don't quote me on that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sharievan View Post
    Hi Kilidan,

when i ask MrRobot the Baleful Trinket is actually a tad better. Since i'm not a great theory crafter on dps' since i only play tank normally, i guess the 291 mastery gives you more overall frost-damage and since you've got Killing Machine (to the point of almost permanent procs with the 4pc Setbonus of T18 later on) the Crit is kinda wasted. Also, the Mythic trinket does have less Strength, even though its a negligible amount - but don't quote me on that
    I did figure as much, but again I wasn't sure, most of my items are 685 now with mastery and/or multistrike barring this trinket, my gloves and chest. so I figured i'd replace this next, but flat stat trinkets are generally not great. i'll see what some others say tho, thanks for the quick reply.