Poll: What do you think is next?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Will the next expansion be sooner than we think?

With 6.2 announced and Archimonde as the last boss for the tier, do you think we'll hear about the next expansion during Blizzcon this year with a release date? Or do you think there will be one more tier with Grom?

Yes, the picture is legit. (Not sure if class specific trinkets are confirmed.)
    Last edited by BarelyLegalBear; 2015-04-14 at 03:17 AM.

Wait...what?

I don't think we're getting a third raid tier this expansion.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    That pic legit or fan-made?

edit - holy crap, it is. Zombie Mannoroth and Archimonde - bosses in Hellfire Citadel raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think were getting a 3rd tier, unless Gul'dan escapes to Azeroth & Grom joins are side.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I think were getting a 3rd tier, unless Gul'dan escapes to Azeroth & Grom joins are side.
    Seems kind of suspect that they're letting us finish our ring second tier if we're getting a third.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you're going to get a third tier. It's likely there will be another raid after this one and it's also likely that 6.2 is not the end of the expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Either there's another unanounced raid for 6.2 or there is going to be another tier. I would be really surprised if there isn't at least 3 tiers.

might not be a true tier but i'd suspect another raid.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know if you're going to get a third tier. It's likely there will be another raid after this one and it's also likely that 6.2 is not the end of the expansion.
    Cant agree. Look at the patch notes. They say
    Finish the Legendary Ring!
    . This is the last tier of the expansion pretty clearly. Why would they finish the ring now if there was to be a third tier? Gorefiend is one of the bosses, and he is the reason we have these rings. So that we can destroy him before he gets any further.

There is no more story at this point. The iron horde is dismantled, gorefiend is brought down (6.2), the leader behind mannoroth is brought down (6.2) and there is nothing left. The story has no where to progress too.

What I want to know is when the next expansions announcement will be. If they don't announce it soon, we are looking to suffer over a year with this last raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Either there's another unanounced raid for 6.2 or there is going to be another tier. I would be really surprised if there isn't at least 3 tiers.
    There is no reason to believe a third tier is going to happen at this point. The ring is finished and gorefiend is dead. Add to that list that the demon talking to gorefiend is being killed as well, theres nothing left for a third tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion announce. I really don't see how this can be stretched any further. I just can't wait to see what is next for WoW, I'm hoping the game returns to it's previous glory, or at least somewhere close.....something to do at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Cant agree. Look at the patch notes. They say . This is the last tier of the expansion pretty clearly. Why would they finish the ring now if there was to be a third tier?
    We've gotten multiple legendary items in expansions before.

Well, yeah, of course. That's what they've been saying since they announced WoD at Blizzcon, but people are still "speculating" for some reason... If this wasn't the last patch of the expansion I'd be very surprised, since they've put so much emphasis on it and said it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    We've gotten multiple legendary items in expansions before.
    We did, but none of those were story driven though a long elaborate quest chain. You think they are going to put Two legendary items into this quest chain? For what use would the next one be? There is nothing left to kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it's almost gotta be sooner for 7.0. There's no way Blizz is literally so hell-bent on 2 tiers that they let Hellfire Citadel sit for 18 months, especially after making a big stink about not wanting another SoO (which it look like we're getting anyway)

And yes, I'm willing to admit I got my "there'll be three tiers" thing wrong.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

HAIL TO THE LEGION BABY

yeeeee

There will probably be a second raid, maybe with just Gul'dan as the only boss or a few others. I don't think it'll be another tier though, but more like just a slightly higher ilvl. Archimonde being the final boss is a disappointment. It's possible that Gul'dan becomes the Mythic only final boss of the expansion in which case there won't be another raid but that would be beyond stupid if Blizz played up Gul'dan so much and then only made him Mythic. Grom is more likely to join our side than be a boss at this point.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    There will probably be a second raid, maybe with just Gul'dan as the only boss or a few others. I don't think it'll be another tier though, but more like just a slightly higher ilvl. Archimonde being the final boss is a disappointment. It's possible that Gul'dan becomes the Mythic only final boss of the expansion in which case there won't be another raid but that would be beyond stupid if Blizz played up Gul'dan so much and then only made him Mythic. Grom is more likely to join our side than be a boss at this point.
    Completely agree with you here. Still waiting for someone to post the first few bosses so we'll know who is all in this raid. He might be one of the first few, and the rest of the raid may be legion-based.

(I'll then add them to the list and most likely rearrange the pictures once i get those.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just pissed that even though they said they understood people wanted more than just launch dungeons, they still didn't bother with adding more dungeons. I can't stomach raid finder and it ruins the raid for me, and I can't raid this expac, so I have nothing to do but dungeons, and no reason to do them at all right now. Mythic dungeons is a nice fix for the old ones, but they're still the same ones that have been around the entire time! >=(
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Don't think there will be a third raid. They're gonna redeem Grom in this one, they're probably gonna mirror the warcraft 3 death scene and have him save Thrall from undead Mannoroth or even Archimonde himself. They'll leave Gul'dan as the tie-in to the next expansion.