Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want these dungeons, hopefully pve alts will have a reason to log in again. Tho' the best system to make people spam alts (and thus stay subbed) was the badge/VP system in BC and LK.

If it's just heroic dungeons with more health, more damage then forget it.

If it's actually "mythic" with mythic-only abilities then hell yeah.

And make the item level 685.

Deleted
    Sounds fun. On the other hand, however, I am not sure we needed yet another difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    So...

By doing a 5 man you have a chance of getting loot better than not just LFR raiding but normal raiding.

And the loot is "dog shit".

So the only way your going to be happy is if you walk into a 5 man and it showers you with mythic raid (725) loot?
    In wrath/cata we got heroic raid equivalent loot, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Gonna make some nice cash with sell runs
    Highly doubtful since these are on a weekly lock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Well, what's to design?

a) three new instances with catch-up loot
    b) push difficulty of old instance with catch-up loot

So stupid. Pretty sure you won't be able to run mythic dungeons with LFD first week (not because of difficulty but because of not being implemented).
    3 New dungeons I can run as much as I want vs a weekly lock out mode of the same dungeons I am already bored of please. Seriously, I want new content, not a harder version of content I am already bored of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Threetrees View Post
    I think it is pretty interesting as an alternate gearing path for those who don't want to do organized raiding and/or catch up mechanic for alts, raiders late to the party, etc. RIP HM and sub Heroic BRF though I suppose. Good way to (potentially) fill in some holes from week to week to get you ready for the new raid.
    Honestly, I will be taking people who are at least Hellfire Citadel normal geared vs a mythic five man geared toon. Especially further into the instance where being just below BRF heroic levels will be noticeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    or they could have done fuck all with dungeons as they did in Mists.
    They had it right in Mists vs now. Justice and Valor points to keep even the high levels running long after they were old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    If it's just heroic dungeons with more health, more damage then forget it.

If it's actually "mythic" with mythic-only abilities then hell yeah.

And make the item level 685.
    Honestly, I don't see them adding more abilities. Just more hp and damage. If they wanted new abilities to tune, they would just add dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    From the wording, my guess is that the last boss has a chance to make his loot 700 in place of 680, sort of like warforged. So with enough luck and time, you can get almost full 700 ilvl from these.

More people need to read this. You can have better loot than Normal T18 from a 5 man. That's awesome! Don't know why everyone is being such a negative Nancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So this is just Mythic versions of the old dungeons?

So this is just a lazy way of not giving us new dungeons?
    I think this was meant to be a launch feature, but they realized without the LFR loot there is no catch up so they tossed it in mid tier. Smart thing to do would have been to hold back a couple 5s and release them with the feature. I like the feature, even though as I said before it should just be the heroic difficulty instead of a 3rd difficulty, especially since heroic loot is pretty useless if you have a garrison. Between bloods, apexis, free loot, and the AH you really never need to step into a heroic 5 man for loot. Go right to normal HM or LFR. I'd rather see 5mans come out in chunks instead of a shitload front loaded.

Now they just need to make those flexible between 5 or 10 people and we'd be done.

Honestly, I will be taking people who are at least Hellfire Citadel normal geared
    why would HC Normal geared people be running HC Normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So this is just Mythic versions of the old dungeons?

So this is just a lazy way of not giving us new dungeons?
    Alternatively, it's a way of keeping the 8 dungeons in game right now still relevant. One of the common complaints, even about the much beloved ICC Heroics and DS heroics is that once they came out every other heroic in the expansion was made pointless.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

I think that Mythic Dungeons are a good way to keep some players still running them. For me, only raiding casual this is a good way to gear up to see hellfire-citadell early on.
    On the other hand i don't think it should be called mythic only for higher HP and more Dmg-Output, there definitly should be new mechanics to keep players interested especially on a 1 week-lockout.

Deleted
    Well they're dungeons after all so gear can't be that great. Still wondering why do we need 9999 difficulties of everything.

worst is it was peopel idea which gave blizzard excuse to be lazy and not introduce nay new 5 man content only slightly harder versionof already existing instances like we needed it - super lame and very unappealing especially that blizzard will nerf them as soon as people start whining about failing on bosses and geting kicked from groups and geting locked out of dungeon for that week .

give us actual content blizz instead introducing more rehased shit eveyrwhere,

another difficulty of already existing content is not a new content :/

7+ Year Old Account
    I must say, that in my world this is a plus I know its not something like new dungeons or something like that, but its more choice, which is always better I dont think this was done instead of new dungeons, so im okay . If it was though.... then sadness is all i have

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Gonna make some nice cash with sell runs
    You think they'll be easy enough to 4 man them?

Mythic dungeons are completely retarded.

First of all, the rewards are 680 gear with a single 700 piece at the end, once per week. When they are released, in 6.2, this will be pointless because even normal mode of the new raid will drop 695 gear. Vastly superior to most of the crap in there and just a hair behind the end boss loot. It won't be worth the time and effort to clear. Even if the loot in the mythic dungeons is somehow better itemized or has trinkets and the like with better procs than raid trinkets, it really doesn't matter because once you're into the new raid on heroic mode the item level will outweigh the difference unless it is pretty extreme and I highly doubt the gear is going to be amazing in there.

Second of all, WHY? Harder difficulty of dungeons? They already exist, they are called Challenge Modes and CMs are even better than this mythic BS because you don't need a certain item level to get into it and you CANNOT outgear it. All they would have to do is create a way for challenge modes to give more loot and it completely removes the need for these mythic dungeons 100%. For example, instead of the challenge mode daily that is 100% random loot, how about each challenge mode you complete once per day gives you a challenge coin that you can take to a vendor to buy a token for any slot of gear, then you use it and it randomly rolls stats when it is created and make it 685 ilevel. Easy peasy. Removes the annoying randomness of the challenge mode daily giving you literally any kind of loot, removes the need for this new dungeon difficulty that serves no purpose, etc.

The only reason I can see for this kind of nonsense is their constant need to try to make casuals feel good about themselves. These "mythic" dungeons will be leagues easier than mythic raid bosses but it lets the little casuals have a "mythic boss" to kill and let them pretend they are good at the game and act like they'd be good enough for mythic raids if only they had more people to raid with. It was bad enough renaming normal difficulty to Heroic difficulty, but mythic dungeons? Come on.

Let challenge modes fill the niche of harder 5-man content that doubles as a catchup mechanic. I mean they already do, its just the loot is 100% random for doing the daily. Just remove that random factor and make everyone happy. Except of course the people who only do things once they outgear it so they can pretend they're good of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    You think they'll be easy enough to 4 man them?
    Of course they will be. They aren't going to be that difficult. Even challenge modes aren't really "hard" to complete, the most challenging part is having the DPS to beat the gold timer. If you only do it to complete it and aren't worried about time at all, it would be trivial to 4-man them. Only way around it would be having the bosses have hard enrages that required x amount of DPS but that aint gonna happen. Mythic dungeons are designed for casuals to feel good about themselves, you watch how easy they will be.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

First of all, the rewards are 680 gear with a single 700 piece at the end, once per week. When they are released, in 6.2, this will be pointless because even normal mode of the new raid will drop 695 gear. Vastly superior to most of the crap in there and just a hair behind the end boss loot. It won't be worth the time and effort to clear. Even if the loot in the mythic dungeons is somehow better itemized or has trinkets and the like with better procs than raid trinkets, it really doesn't matter because once you're into the new raid on heroic mode the item level will outweigh the difference unless it is pretty extreme and I highly doubt the gear is going to be amazing in there.
    ... except for all those people who wont be raiding Heroic or even Normal, because they dont want to bother with the raiding headache

My question is will these dungeons have new mechanics? If so, this is a great way to keep older dungeons interesting. If however they're just scaled up, then that's disappointing, but at least they're trying to keep them relevant I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3-xJlK0Bws

pretty much agree with what he says

if they're to be mythic dungeons, give them more mechanics. timed events possibly. at least add in the CM changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    timed events possibly. at least add in the CM changes.
    Big no to that. Timers ruin everything, dungeon becomes all about mindless rush and stacking of specific classes. Timers should stay in CMs.