Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

6.2 Shaman Changes

Elemental
    Elemental Overload now increases multistrike damage by 20% (down from 35%).

Restoration
    Chain Heal now heals for 25% more.
    Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target.

Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 2P Bonus (New) Your Earth Shock has a 15% chance to not consume the Lightning Shield charge and have its cooldown instantly reset.
    Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) For 5 Lightning Shield charges consumed, you conjure a Lightning Vortex near your location. Running through the Lightning Vortex will increase your total haste by 15% for until cancelled.
    Item - Shaman T18 Enhancement 2P Bonus (New) Stormstrike generates a charge of Maelstrom Weapon.
    Item - Shaman T18 Enhancement 4P Bonus (New) Maelstrom Weapon now has 10 Charges.
    Item - Shaman T18 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) The critical healing of your Riptide is increased to 200%.
    Item - Shaman T18 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) When you Chain Heal, you also apply Riptide to the primary target.
    ------

Kind of disappointing for Ele and Enhance, hopefully the upcoming changes will help their utility. The Resto change is nice, even if it does dumb down our play a bit.

Edit: added tier bonuses
    Last edited by Sigmatic; 2015-04-14 at 03:50 AM.

Pretty cool they're nerfing us now that we're finally in a good (read: not fucking garbage) spot.
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

Deleted
    ~4% nerf for single target elemental

So resto becomes even more face roll? Whats the point of Riptide now? esp with the glyph. Lol I don't even
    Hi Sephurik

lol not a single enhance change.....gg

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So resto becomes even more face roll? Whats the point of Riptide now? esp with the glyph. Lol I don't even
    At this point, pretty much unglyphed is the way to go I believe, and its gonna be used to proc 4pc bonus until we lose it with HFC gear. They might do something cool with Riptide with the next Tier though.

Enhancement shamans are fine guise.

Pretty fucking disappointed tbh. Was hoping for a slight single target buff but hey, atleast we didn't get nerfed.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

"Item - Shaman T18 Elemental 4P Bonus (New) For 5 Lightning Shield charges consumed, you conjure a Lightning Vortex near your location. Running through the Lightning Vortex will increase your total haste by 15% for until cancelled."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    At this point, pretty much unglyphed is the way to go I believe, and its gonna be used to proc 4pc bonus until we lose it with HFC gear. They might do something cool with Riptide with the next Tier though.
    Chain Heal now applies riptide to your primary target.

finally they remove that 25% chain heal bs.

Shaman T18 Enhancement 4P Bonus (New) Maelstrom Weapon now has 10 Charges.
    I wonder how that will work

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenzb View Post
    Shaman T18 Enhancement 4P Bonus (New) Maelstrom Weapon now has 10 Charges.
    I wonder how that will work
    What I want to know is how it works with the perk. Does this mean 200% buff to LB with 10 stacks??

10+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom Weapon now has 10 Charges.

So, by default Maelstrom Weapon gives 20% Nature, Improved gives another additional 10%, so 10 stacks of Maelstrom weapon will be 300% damage Lightning Bolts? Sure, this is cool and all, but come on... going from turning into a Feral Spirit to this..? Lackluster to be honest.

Guess our shining moment was in MoP, never again, back to being below average.
    Last edited by Nurabashi; 2015-04-14 at 03:44 AM.
    Currently Procrastinating

Pretty cool that enh 4 set is something that should be baseline.

I'm done.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Maelstrom Weapon now has 10 Charges.

So, by default Maelstrom Weapon gives 20% Nature, Improved gives another additional 10%, so 10 stacks of Maelstrom weapon will be 300% damage Lightning Bolts? Sure, this is cool and all, but come on... going from turning into a Feral Spirit to this..? Lackluster to be honest.

Guess our shining moment was in MoP, never again, back to being below average.
    I'm willing to bet that MW buffs are only counted based on what is consumed, and it'll only consume up to 5. This makes it a lot easier to only use LB at 5 stacks, since you won't risk overcapping unless you're really bad about dumping LB MWx5s.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I'm willing to bet that MW buffs are only counted based on what is consumed, and it'll only consume up to 5. This makes it a lot easier to only use LB at 5 stacks, since you won't risk overcapping unless you're really bad about dumping LB MWx5s.
    Then it's basically a non-factor 4 piece then. Great!
    Currently Procrastinating

So much for that overhaul of Shamans blizz promised coming into WoD. They were saying we would have it by 6.2. I guess it could still be in the works, but I'm starting to doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    So much for that overhaul of Shamans blizz promised coming into WoD. They were saying we would have it by 6.2. I guess it could still be in the works, but I'm starting to doubt that.
    Not that I do not believe you, but is there a source?

http://i.imgur.com/X69JfWN.png

Well guess our 4 set won't be that bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz-yuO7AJsM
    - Lostep -